U2 Moms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
I know there are pictures of the U2 Dads but what about pictures of Mrs Hewson, Evans, Mullen and Clayton ?

Bob and Iris Hewson
bobandirishewsones6.jpg

the Hewsons somewhere around 1972
bonofamilyjo0.jpg

Iris again
irishewsonhq2.jpg

Larry's family picture
larrysfamilymr1.jpg

I can't find the one of Edge and his parents in the Zootv plane atm.. :scratch: but I know it exists!
Adam's mother, I don't think I've ever seen a pic of her

I cannot find the one I had of Edge and his family now :scratch:

I can't find the one of Edge and his parents in the Zootv plane atm.. :scratch: but I know it exists!

I cannot find the one I had of Edge and his family now :scratch: [/B][/QUOTE]

Adam's mom
7.jpg

Adam's parents
6.jpg

Seems Larry gets the sleepy eyes from his mom.

And that pic of Bono's mother: Scary! Him in female form, right down to the manic smile. S'creepy! In a good way.

babyla14 said:

I cannot find the one I had of Edge and his family now :scratch:

Adam's parents
6.jpg
[/B][/QUOTE]

Somebody looks like his daddy!:wink:

:wink: :drool: Ahh..I just love all the family photos! i definetly think Bono looks like his mother..esp. when he smiles!!:yes: :sexywink: And, his Dad..now! And Adam looks like his Dad...but smiles like his mom!;)

Laney_82 said:

I saw that one!!!:wink: I meant a current one....one of her as an adult:wink:

There won't be any of 'crazy curly hair' girl as an adult. She died soon after that pic was taken :( It's the older girl who works in the U2 office. I've never seen a pic of her as an adult.

Butterscotch said:

There won't be any of 'crazy curly hair' girl as an adult. She died soon after that pic was taken :( It's the older girl who works in the U2 office. I've never seen a pic of her as an adult.

I didn't remember that. How did she die?

Larry's mum did die in a car crash when he was 17. I don't know how the little sister died, only that she died in I believe 1964. That's all any U2 bio soruces ever say. I've always wanted to know what happened but maybe the family didn't want it public. I feel sorry for Larry, losing his little sister so young must have been a disturbing experience for him, then losing him mum too. Maybe it has something to do with his personality, though I won't speculate because it's not kind to use family tragedies that way.

Bono lost his mum at 14. She collapsed at her own father's funeral and died soon after. He seemed to turn his grief into something else. I suppose we all handle things differently.

Bono's dad died in 2001 you probably know about that. Larry's dad may still be alive. I think both Adam and Edge have both parents still alive.

Last edited:
From Larry's wikipedia article. It says the sister lived to be 6, that's longer than other sources have said.

Larry Mullen Jr. was born and raised in Artane, Dublin, Ireland, located on the north side of Dublin. He was the middle child and only son of three children to Larry Mullen, Sr. and Maureen Mullen. Mullen's younger sister Mary died when she was six and his mother, Maureen, was killed in a car accident in 1978.

love2bmama said:

there's a picture of Larry's family up above, posted by Galeongirl. The smaller girl has some crazy curly hair! :giggle:

That /is/ some wicked curly hair on that kid.

She kinda reminds me of early Adam with that hair, only darker.

Ah, yes, wikipedia, the source to end all sources.

Here's a new "source" for you: U2 by U2... pg. 25-26... provided by one Larry Mullen Jnr:

"My sister Mary died in 1973... she was nine years old. It was very traumatic for everyone."

And no, speculating would not "be kind in using family tragedies that way"... whatever the hell that last part means.

Speculating would not be kind, period. :|

Nor is the crack about it having "something to do with his personality."

I totally wasn't aware that Larry's sister died so young, I feel so sorry for him, losing his sister and his mother at a very young age is horrible. I can see how these experiences have shaped his life.

Back
Top Bottom