U2 mentions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamswildhoney

ONE love, blood, life
So I was in Lit class, half listening to poetry/song presentation when the last speaker put her song on and at the very end it mentioned "BONO" :laugh: I bolted up right and started listening to her presentation but she didnt mention why bono name was in there.

So has this happen to you guys saw a mention of Bono or one of the others or the whole band, in something you wouldnt expect them to be mentioned??

:lmao: yeah that happens often. In english class my teacher is used to start the Friday lessons with 'thank god it's friday....' Well...this is..:lol:

Or last time we watched a dvd about America's hostory, the spy plane was mentioned and EVERYbody turned and looked at me! :lmao:

Hmmm.....this wasn't what you actually wanted to hear, lmao...*thinks*....ISHFWILF was in my English book last year, in the poems' section....

okay, that's all I can think of. :scratch:

Yeah, it's been really great. And that was the only song between poems by Dickens and Wilde I think. :cute:

When I was going in High School, in my English book of the last semester had an example of a e-mail to translate, in the e-mail was saying that someone had been present at a U2 concert

in Spanish, "Bono" is a very common word

FallingStar said:
Hmmm.....this wasn't what you actually wanted to hear, lmao...*thinks*....ISHFWILF was in my English book last year, in the poems' section....

Really? Wow, that's cool.

Um...let's see...when I was taking geometry, anytime my teacher started talking about the edge of shapes and stuff I couldn't help but get a small smile on my face. :p.

And then there was that "Braceface" episode where U2 was mentioned at the very end...I hadn't been paying much attention to the show until that part (and I subsequently taped that episode the next time it was on...:slant:...).

And there was the time back when I still lived in Iowa when my family had gone to...our old town, I think it was...and on our way there we passed by a bar in a town, and the bar was called Dublin's. :D.

That's all I can think of right now.

Angela

Keocmb said:
:reject: I always giggle when I wish someone a good day upon their exit at work and they reply "you, too." :reject:

Haha... I do that too!

My junior year in high school, we had a history project where we had to play a song that was about an event from history and then we had to talk about it. One kid played Sunday Bloody Sunday :)

Whenever I have to use the MLA format (or whatever it is) for one of my English classes, the website I use for help with it uses ATYCLB as an example

U2girl02 said:

Whenever I have to use the MLA format (or whatever it is) for one of my English classes, the website I use for help with it uses ATYCLB as an example
My MLA style guide cites Rattle & Hum in the bibliography section as an example. :happy:

I had an english book with a photo of U2 (in the JT era) in it...

And one of the E! channel commercials, shows Bono in the POP mart tour...

I'm a secret "U2" -giver when someone tells me to have a nice day. They think I say "you, too" but I really don't ! It makes me smile every time! :lol:

I also play the game "Bookworm" and am always finding "Edge" and "Vox" -- both acceptable words in their game, haha.

I was driving to my son's school on Halloween night. We drove by this business - construction or something - and in the middle of the field next to the building is an odd looking truck - lime green with U2 on the door. My son - "ah jeez mommy didja see that? They're everywhere" - he's 5. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom