U2 mentioned on "8 simple rules for dating my teenage daughter"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I didn't see it, someone just told me. They were in a music store and they were looking at the Rolling Stones and U2. One of the girls said they were both good, but the Stones were "old, fat and ugly" and that U2 weren't! :happy:

I was so glad to hear that, with so many people calling U2 "old" and sometimes lumping them with the Stones as "dinosaurs." Someone had good taste;)

it's funny, my little sister is a huge fan of that show and she made me watch it.......... so after that line, she says......DAMN IT! THEY'RE EVERYWHERE....

:yes:

U2Kitten said:
I didn't see it, someone just told me. They were in a music store and they were looking at the Rolling Stones and U2. One of the girls said they were both good, but the Stones were "old, fat and ugly" and that U2 weren't! :happy:

Heh, funny!

Yet cool.

I have watched that show once...I didn't think it was that funny-but that part's pretty cool. :up:.

Originally posted by U2Kitten
I was so glad to hear that, with so many people calling U2 "old" and sometimes lumping them with the Stones as "dinosaurs." Someone had good taste;)

Yeah, they did...you'll be happy to know I don't think that about U2 or the Stones.

I think both bands kick arse and have some fantastic songs. :D.

Angela

I love it! There must be a U2 fan on the writing staff. U2 are the best, but I don't think the Stones are old fat and ugly. They look good for their age considering the lives they have led. Mick Jagger looks better than any other 60 year old I've ever seen. Keith looks better than a corpse which he is lucky not to be!

Ah, that's nice!

Does anyone here watch The Gilmore Girls? They've had U2 references in a number of episodes. Someone on the writing staff must be a huge fan.

Re: Re: U2 mentioned on "8 simple rules for dating my teenage daughter"

Moonlit_Angel said:

Yeah, they did...you'll be happy to know I don't think that about U2 or the Stones.

I think both bands kick arse and have some fantastic songs. :D.

Angela

:up: :) You're right! :yes:

Sweepie said:
I love it! There must be a U2 fan on the writing staff. U2 are the best, but I don't think the Stones are old fat and ugly. They look good for their age considering the lives they have led. Mick Jagger looks better than any other 60 year old I've ever seen. Keith looks better than a corpse which he is lucky not to be!

:scratch: Yeah...Last time I looked, the Stones weren't even close to being fat!

indeed

Sweepie said:
:up:

my friend told me that there was a Bono or U2 question, or I guess answer, on Jeopardy a few years ago. I don't remember what she said it was about but I thought it was cool that they were mentioned on that show.

I remember them being a question on Jeopardy too but I don't remember what it was. I do remember that it was easy and no one got it and I was :banghead: screaming out the answer and so mad I thought none of them deserved to win if they didn't know that much about U2! ;)

Moonlit_Angel said:

Really! Mick Jagger is possibly one of the scrawniest guys I've ever seen.

And wertsie, the "40 Licks" CD is great, yes, get it sometime soon.

Angela

:yes: I really should! I can't even remember the last time I even bought a CD! :ohmy:

*runs off to look for 40 Licks*

Back
Top Bottom