U2 kids ' godfathers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mumu2006

The Fly
yesterday my best friend asked me to be her son's godmother :))

i read somewhere that Bono was edge eldest daughter's Hollie godfather, that Gavin friday was eve hewson's one and Adam was john hewson's one.
Does anybody know who are the other kids (bono's, edge's and larry's) godfathers !?

I read somewhere too a while back,that Bono was in the running to be angalina jolie(i have no idea how to spell her name) new baby`s godfather if thats answers your question. :wink: :shrug:

Rochelle D said:
wasnt bono ment to be tigerlily's godfather?

he gently declined that one, as he didntt want to offend his other friend, Bob.

I think Bono is also godfather to one of Larrys kids (think I read such a thing, not sure though) and isn't Guggi Eli's godfather? (Elijah Patricius GUGGI Q)

greety said:
he gently declined that one, as he didntt want to offend his other friend, Bob. QUOTE]

That’s true as the band (INXS) talk about it in their book “INXS Story to Story :The Official Autobiography” and how that broke Michael’s heart and lead to the decline of their friendship.

Hi Greety :wave:

Last edited:
Down Under said:
greety said:
he gently declined that one, as he didntt want to offend his other friend, Bob. QUOTE]

That’s true as the band (INXS) talk about it in their book “INXS Story to Story :The Official Autobiography” and how that broke Michael’s heart and lead to the decline of their friendship.

REALLY? I'm quite taken aback, I really didn't think Bono had the capacity to be that kind of weasel. It was a heartbreakingly tragic situation all the way around, but for Bono to turn down being GODFATHER to a friend's CHILD, because it might piss off the mother's ex, and for Geldof to allow such a thing and call himself a friend...children have nothing to do with the bad behavior of adults.

Then your friend commits suicide, and you write a song about how distraught you are...fiddle dee dee, an artist's life for me!

I don't know, I think that's a terrible situation to be put in. I'd guess he handled it as well as anyone could have.

I guess it must be a terrile situation to be in and I wish that on nobody. I believe Bono has done what he thought was best. People turned down similar things for much more trivial reasons.

Feelinnumb: You really blame him for wanting to kind of distance himself from that can-o-worms? I mean, seriously, you cannot blame him for not wanting to hurt the other guy. He peobably didn't mean to hurt anybody, just didn't want to be the battleground between the twain.

FEELINNUMB said:
REALLY? I'm quite taken aback, I really didn't think Bono had the capacity to be that kind of weasel. It was a heartbreakingly tragic situation all the way around, but for Bono to turn down being GODFATHER to a friend's CHILD, because it might piss off the mother's ex, and for Geldof to allow such a thing and call himself a friend...children have nothing to do with the bad behavior of adults.

Then your friend commits suicide, and you write a song about how distraught you are...fiddle dee dee, an artist's life for me!

This post is pretty rude. I would advise against attacking Bono/the band as this IS a place for U2 fans who dont normally speak ill of them in this way.

Down Under said:
greety said:

Hi Greety :wave:

:wave: hi Downy,

I don't mean to drag this on but I didn't know their friendship toned down afterwards.
I just remembered reading about the godfather thing and how Bono didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.
I guess he was friends with Bob first and Michael came years later. Nobody was to know what would happen in the near future eh?

and FEELINNUMB, I don't think Geldof had a say in this. I mean, I think Bono is very capable of making his own decisions, and for the right reasons.

Devlin said:
Feelinnumb: You really blame him for wanting to kind of distance himself from that can-o-worms? I mean, seriously, you cannot blame him for not wanting to hurt the other guy. He peobably didn't mean to hurt anybody, just didn't want to be the battleground between the twain.

Precisely. It's not like naming someone "godfather" is legally binding anyway. It would be different if Bono had agreed to adopt a child and then backed out because of his friend.

Back
Top Bottom