U2 is invited for a dinner party..what for dinner??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partygirl43

Refugee
Ok...for the meat-eaters I'd serve duck with baby roasted fingerling potatos and sauteed spinich.

For Larry I'd serve a lovely butternut squash qnocci......

for dessert molten lava choc cakes.....

of course plenty of red wine, libations and cigars.......

Bono is definitely a meat-eater so maybe Irish stew for him and the boys. (Although Bono really seemed to be enjoying that pizza on the cnn video!) Ali is a vegetarian I think so some kind of pasta for her. Wait, are their significant others invited? Hmmm? Nah... Some chocolate for Larry.

I didn't know Bono was allergic to red wine?:hmm: Wonder what happens when he drinks it?

( Hi PG43:wave: )

THE BBQ

grain fed aged 1/2kg new york cut steaks, boerewors, chicken kebabs, marinated king prawns in chilli,coriander & garlic,onions!

THE DRINK

SEVERAL slabs of squires malt shovel brewerys amber ale!

THE SALAD

Cearsar sald,cherry tomatoes with spring onions,corn,beetroot,pineapple,potato salad and coleslaw, freshly baked rolls from down the road!

THE DESSERT
(see above under THE DRINKS) prolly Ice cream for the kids!!!

THE MUSIC
Everyone brings their fav CD (1 per family)

:up: :up:

fly so high! said:
THE BBQ

grain fed aged 1/2kg new york cut steaks, boerewors, chicken kebabs, marinated king prawns in chilli,coriander & garlic,onions!

THE DRINK

SEVERAL slabs of squires malt shovel brewerys amber ale!

THE SALAD

Cearsar sald,cherry tomatoes with spring onions,corn,beetroot,pineapple,potato salad and coleslaw, freshly baked rolls from down the road!

THE DESSERT
(see above under THE DRINKS) prolly Ice cream for the kids!!!

THE MUSIC
Everyone brings their fav CD (1 per family)

:up: :up:

mmmmmm... I'm bringing "shag Tabacco" over as my CD

edited as PG43 is offically :drunk: and posting

Last edited:
2orangecats said:
Bono is definitely a meat-eater so maybe Irish stew for him and the boys. (Although Bono really seemed to be enjoying that pizza on the cnn video!) Ali is a vegetarian I think so some kind of pasta for her. Wait, are their significant others invited? Hmmm? Nah... Some chocolate for Larry.

I didn't know Bono was allergic to red wine?:hmm: Wonder what happens when he drinks it?

( Hi PG43:wave: )
well there are some significant moments as falling asleep on dinner tables, in the men's room, or just on the floor...:rolleyes:

Well, I'd make 'em one of my 'Sunday roast beef' jobs. Hubby says my roast beef & Yorkshire puds is amazing. I do tend to 'pile it up high' so they'd better have worked up an appetite..hmmm...now how could a girl make sure that those guys have worked up an appetite? :evil: :evil: Shame on you ladies...such smutty thoughts goin' on there!

But anyhows, as we're not 'desert' ppl, I'm not sure what I'd give them for afters....yes, I am..I know damn well wot I'd give Bono for afters..hee hee..

!

2orangecats said:

awww...Bono falling asleep on my dinner table...or just on the floor...:drool:
... or in my bed...

ok that was low...

uhm.. I can't cook... so I'll ask Bono to come over earlier to cook for us instead! :cute:

Galeongirl said:

well there are some significant moments as falling asleep on dinner tables, in the men's room, or just on the floor...:rolleyes:

Well then!! We want him to drink red wine. :wink:

Anywho, I'd have... erm... I don't know about food. But I DO know what'd be for desert, and no, not in that way, GG (although we might think about it). Something chocolatey because I'm a chocoholic!! :D

BLACK FOREST GATEAU!!! I damn well love them!!

Are all of them coming...or is this just B himself?

Well for B I would make my own Spaghetti and Meatballs definately white wine, I want him awake, some garlic bread and italian bread. For dessert, I would have tiramisu that we would share out of a bowl. All of this taking place while listening to Andre Boccelli or Pavaroti. and later on.....
:evil: :evil:
I would have a chilled Guiness and strawberries and cream for a late nite snack....

and for breakfast.......just kidding :giggle:

SimplyConfused said:

Well then!! We want him to drink red wine. :wink:

Anywho, I'd have... erm... I don't know about food. But I DO know what'd be for desert, and no, not in that way, GG (although we might think about it). Something chocolatey because I'm a chocoholic!! :D

BLACK FOREST GATEAU!!! I damn well love them!!
I know what you're thinkin! I bet he would taste very very nice wit chocolate sauce covering him :drool:

Back
Top Bottom