U2 In NY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
f32e0fbe.jpg

those pics of Bono and the girl in NYC are priceless :wink:

Her affection for Bono is obvious and her respect for him is evident too. They seem to be having a GENUINE MOMENT with each other - and we were lucky to witness it through these pics.

I love those pics where Bono seems moved to his Heart's core by the sincere show of someone's love and respect for him. :up:

Bono deserves every good thought, word and action that we can give him for all that he has given us over the last 25 years.

Just a closing thought of GRATITUDE FOR BONO on this Thanksgiving Day.

YOU GIVE ME SOMETHING I CAN FEEL....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Thanks for posting all those pictures - we missed all the stuff going on in the streets while waiting on line in Brooklyn for the band to arrive :)

I meant to post this earlier...

So I got Bono's set list from the NYC show :wink:

The set list is printed on both sides... seems like this is what was supposed to happen originally

setlist1.jpg

And this was the intended set list (which is also not exactly how it went down)

setlist2.jpg

Oh wow, This is truely amazing!

It looks fantastic from all these pictures cant begin to imagine what it must have been like to be there!

Bono is lookinga mazing - where is he getting these jackets from - :up:

And this thread has made me want to do 3 things:

1. Make a coffee
2. Order Pizza
3. Move to New York

:drool:

Miroslava: I enjoyed meeting you in the front row. I understand about the "extra help". Remember my friend and I beside you to your left....RIGHT IN FRONT OF BONO?!?!?!?! We were the ones who came from AL. I originally was about 20th in line. We got there at 10:30, then out of the woodwork came this other group that security said had been lined up elsewhere. After 4-5 hours, we were probably 200th in line!!!!!!!! people wandered up and talked and stayed! We had help, but I am not ashamed. There were people who had manage to fanagle their way into the KROCK listening party...great for them :) This was my turn. I so cannot believe it happened. I am going to copy and print your pics since my camera phone ones are not very good quality. I can't even get them on the net. Anyway, nice meeting you...and YES....he definitly was singing to you...was it during City of Blinding Lights????? Cannot remember either, but he was on you...You're a dead ringer for Ali (other than the height thingy). Awesome show!!!!

HI...I usually post on Zoo Confessionals, but wanted to look up Miroslava. My friend and I stood right beside her at center stage. I didn't think this would work, but I did it! This is with a camera phone with no zoom. I still get chill bumps looking at it. It was certainly worth the 900 miles!!! I cannot believe everything worked out so very well. :)
I met several Interfacers and they were so nice and fun to pass the time with.

OH>>>forgot, the crew threw me a water bottle that was on Larry's drum stage...never opened, but one of theirs, nonetheless. :)
photo_007.jpeg

Last edited:
Yay! I was glad to have someone else next to me that cared about U2 and was truly a fan!! It was truly nice meeting you (one of you was wearing gloves, I keep seeing them in audience shots. They came in very handy!!! :wink: )

And well, I never posted the actualy pictures that I got with my crappy disposable camera. If I knew they were going to let us take pictures for sure, I would have brought a digital...

NYC01.jpg

NYC02.jpg

NYC03.jpg

NYC04.jpg

I still can;t get over how much Phil has changed! :|

Last edited:
YES! Those gloves would be mine!!!!! How funny. I know Phil looked totally different. I haven't heard anything, but he looks like he may be sick. I felt stupid saying "Isn't that Phil Joanou?" because he looked soooo different.

Yes...I thought about you and the guy. Hope your drinks went well, didn't I remember you saying that? He seemed harmless enough. Did you smell that pot that floated by a couple of times??? Even the bouncer in front of my agreed with me that was what it smelled like.

Your pics are awesome. My camera phone was priceless since I didn't bring one, but I still do wish they were better. Take care!!!

I smelled nothing, I noticed nothing that was not related to U2...

The drinks part was just completely harmless. Just a thank you for helping a sister out and I had nothing else to do besides going to La Guardia and sleeping in the couches. I did hear from him though about the pot. He was left of us by The Edge, so it was definitely coming from there! :eyebrow:

Oh, and regarding Phil, it also crossed my mind that he may be sick or something... the transformation is just that radical... Hope he is okay :( He's their age right? He was 26-27 around R&H as I recall...

Last edited:
Yeah, I think he is around their age. R&H was so long ago, but he was barely recognizable.

I was browsing the net and found this....I really think it is us...definately you, I think.
Go straight out from where the mic should be standing upright and I think I see your dark hair. My friend was short...don't see her, then there is me toward pic front, the girl by me and the guy in the hat I was talking to. After him should be that guy who helped u out. Maybe my imagination is too vivid, but that is SO where we were. :)

isitmarie.jpg

Last edited:
Miroslava said:

3. I want to hear my wooooooooooo in between songs when Bono pulled on his tee shirt to reveal the neck and rosary. Then he giggled and said "well, I guess I should do that more often then..."

Aaaagh! This is why I have been avoiding this thread like the plague....! These pics! These stories! Egads....I'm saying words like 'egads'....:combust: :combust: :combust:

Back
Top Bottom