U2 In NY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
EPandAmerica said:
Jam Jar said:
DSC03563-2.jpg

Is this when you held up your sign? Check Larry out :mad: !

:lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

actually what you see here is about how theyu will look in my pics, if thwey come out. Only I was further back, and had a longer telephoto lens.

THANKS JAM JAr for the photos!!!

Mine is not a digital camera, but it's been taking r& r concerts pics with me for nearly 30 years! {my hard-workingcam :heart:}

Jam Jar nice pics!! :applaud:

I'm so glad you and Headache got to see them, and anyone else here too! :kiss:

I just saw a video clip from the drive-by ABOY show, it was so cool!

Thanks to everyone for those very wonderful posting pics!!! :bow:

... and congrats to everone who got to see the boys! :D:up:

Agh! Lost my post.

Made it from Detroit. Not only made it, but made it to front row center in front of Bono

me.jpg

Have tons of pictures, have not developed them yet. Hope they come out. In the meantime. Pictures from a guy I met there (met lots of cool people)

bono.jpg

bono2.jpg

bono3.jpg

edge.jpg

edge2.jpg

Highlights:

Bono was leaning forward and singing to me "just give me what I want and no one gets hurt"

Bono reached for my hand and I for his, but alas, not meant to happen. We really tried. :sad:

Between songs, there was some COS action. Saw the rosary. Screamed a whooooooooooo. Bono laughed and said "I guess I should do that more often then"

<---died....

Ohh. Adam kept seeing me sing along. Looked directly at me about 3 times and smiled each and every time. He is soooooooooooo distinguished looking in person. Had a cool, cool jacket!! I am in heaven.... :drool:

Miroslava said:
Ohh. Adam kept seeing me sing along. Looked directly at me about 3 times and smiled each and every time. He is soooooooooooo distinguished looking in person. Had a cool, cool jacket!! I am in heaven.... :drool:

i could've sword bono was looking right at me quite a few times... considering i was probably one of the few people in my section who actually know all the words to the new songs... helps that i'm 6'3" and my head was probably stickin' above the rest :shrug:

Headache, I knew you were there when you weren't posting. I kept asking where you were, I was hoping you found them! Did you follow the truck the whole time?

wow, coming out of major lurker mode here... i haven't posted in a couple of years, but read the boards regularly. :)

Miroslava, i met you yesterday in line! i'm Alice- brown hair, wearing rolled up jeans, black knee high boots, and pink scarf... i'm so glad you got right up front- that's awesome that the security guy let you in early. the line kinda fell apart, as i'm sure you saw, but i ended up 3rd row right in front of bono! lost track of all the others, though... Melissa ended up i think first or second row, far on adam's side.

anyway, yes, the show was AMAZING! all of the guys looked and sounded FANTASTIC! seriously, they are looking better as they get older! especially adam with his grey hair. ;)

and yes, the part where bono opened his shirt and we saw a bit of his chest was hot! and he gave this little growl... so sexy! adam is the best about making eye contact and smiling at the fans- such a gentleman. :)

i don't have any photos (and i have to say that camera phones are SO annoying- during the first time they played vertigo, it seemed like everyone was so busy taking photos w/ their phones that they didn't even get into the song! that changed as the show went on, however...). but it was great to meet you, and all the other fans- i can't wait for the tour to start in march!

it was SO worth skipping 4 classes to see U2 play live!!! i love this band!!! :heart:

Well, with shoes and stuff I'm about 6'1 and knew all the lyrics and was dead center, so stuff like that helps! And before anyoen gives me grief for being front center when I am that tall, shorties could not have seen over the burly security guards and I stood guard since 9:50ish or thereabouts :wink:

Alice! Yes, yes, it was lovely to meet you all and was glad you and Ruth managed to get as close as you did without the extra help. Obviously as you could see, it was impossible for anyone to help anyone else as we discussed for hours.... The organization was truly lacking in that regard. :madspit: Normally I would hate people that get up front with extra help, but in this particular instance I have no shame whatsoever of getting exactly what I earned even if it was with help :wink:

Last edited:
Miroslava said:

Alice! Yes, yes, it was lovely to meet you all and was glad you and Ruth managed to get as close as you did without the extra help. Obviously as you could see, it was impossible for anyone to help anyone else as we discussed for hours.... The organization was truly lacking in that regard. :madspit: Normally I would hate people that get up front with extra help, but in this particular instance I have no shame whatsoever of getting exactly what I earned even if it was with help :wink:

no, of course not! you flew all the way from detroit, and were waiting for HOURS!! had things been running smoothly (and had there actually been more the 2 security guards present), you would have ended up right where you did! i was so happy to see a diehard fan like you to get right up front!! :) and yes, ruth and i lucked out... i was ecstatic with where i ended up! (aside from the stupid camera-phone toting people all around me- lol!)

again, it was great meeting you, and i'm so glad that you had such a wonderful time. :) isn't U2 the best???

how incredible! you all are so lucky! Can't wait to see them live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I tried to catch some highlights on CNN Headline News but Comcast around here cuts the last 10 minutes off of each half hour of news to show some dumb Newsmakers segment so I didn't see anything. :( Thanks for posting all those killer pics!!! :heart: btw, how many people were there exactly?!

Back
Top Bottom