U2 in new Spin Magazine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgette

ONE love, blood, life
There's a picture and a short article of when U2 did "Tower Of Song" with Leonard Cohen in NY this past May.

The picture features the band with Cohen. Bono looks like he's playing keyboards.

The article and picture is on page 20 of the August issue of Spin. Dave Grohl is on the cover.

I don't have a scanner otherwise I'd scan it.

First We Take the Hipster Strip Bar

The last time U2 were in New York City, their show under the Brooklyn Bridge was an open secret thanks to those in the know and compelled to share (we call them bloggers, their shrinks call them "patients"). This time everyone was informed that the biggest band in the world was performing at Madison Square Garden, but only a half-dozen were aware that they also had an afternoon date scheduled for May 19 at the Slipper Room, the tiny cabaret bar on the Lower East Side. The rock legends backed poet/monk/afterworld denizen Leonard Cohen on a version of his classic "Tower of Song" for the upcoming documentary Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man. As skullcapped gearhead The Edge tinkered with the bar's modest PA (apparently he needed more power than the sloshed go-go dancers who peel to "Baby Elephant Walk"), Bono admired the decor ("This bar, it's a jewel!") and the trashy-lingerie-clad eye candy recuited for this one-time-only performance. "Well, you've brightened up the day," he said, winking at the assembled ladies. Cohen, silver-haired and dressed like a banker, looked on unimpressed, as if to say, "I used to see Rebecca De Mornay naked."

Reported by Elizabeth D. Goodman

arw9797 said:
you do have a digital camera :sexywink: Take a close up!

You caught me. :wink:

100_0674.jpg

Back
Top Bottom