U2 in new Q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I just wanted to tell everyone who didn't know that I saw U2 in the new Q magazine! It's the one with the Red Hot Chili Peppers on it. It's a story, like a chronicle of a week with U2 in London in 1980. It has lots of cute pics too. It's interesting to read things like that, what they thought back then, Bono saying things like 'just throw money' knowing how great it all ended up for them! :)

hippyactress said:
*checks pockets for change*

:huh:

Anyone want to scan it for us?

In any case I'll be visiting B&N to at least look at it, even if I can't buy it. :(

Don't worry Hippy, if I can get my hands on it, I will scan it. :)

Thanks

I saw that too, unfortunatley Q magazine is quite expensive here, but I do usually shell out the dough for U2 and Kylie and other people I love!!!!!! There are some great pics that I haven't seen before, so maybe I will end up buying it LOL. I actually prefer Q to the American music magazines like Spin and Rolling Stone (esp since all they do now is put that bimbo Britney Spears and her implants on most of the covers, I think she's now on her 94th cover), but it's TOO DARN EXPENSIVE. I spent like 15 dollars on that magazine and I really don't have the money LOL, I have no idea where it comes from

Anyways, thanks for telling us

the_fly2002 said:
Thanks

I saw that too, unfortunatley Q magazine is quite expensive here, but I do usually shell out the dough for U2 and Kylie and other people I love!!!!!! There are some great pics that I haven't seen before, so maybe I will end up buying it LOL. I actually prefer Q to the American music magazines like Spin and Rolling Stone (esp since all they do now is put that bimbo Britney Spears and her implants on most of the covers, I think she's now on her 94th cover), but it's TOO DARN EXPENSIVE. I spent like 15 dollars on that magazine and I really don't have the money LOL, I have no idea where it comes from

Anyways, thanks for telling us

hey, Q is a british magazine, rite? cuz the last one i saw had an oasis special on it. it was about $20, and it had a lot of good stuff in it. i don't see it too often though.

Thanks for the heads up! I buy Q occasionally but try to refrain because it's kind of pricey here.

hippyactress said:
*checks pockets for change*

:huh:

Anyone want to scan it for us?

In any case I'll be visiting B&N to at least look at it, even if I can't buy it. :(
I feel your pain, Hippy :(

ooo- i'd love to see this too...i finally got around to reading the results of the mixed grill on hotpress.com....

my question wasn't picked, but did i see "our" brianne's question there?

sorry if this question has been asked and answered, i've been away for a bit!

Stories for Boys said:
how much does it cost? i haven't ever bought it...

It's only (heh, only) 9$ at our local Borders.
I love the magazine to death... but that gets to be kinda pricey after a while.

:(

brunerhyme said:

It's only (heh, only) 9$ at our local Borders.
I love the magazine to death... but that gets to be kinda pricey after a while.

:(

:ohmy:

i'm poor...maybe i won't buy it....

This quote from the mag gives me major Edgefuzzies

I had to buy The Edge a pint of Ruddles because he didn't have any money

Aw :heart: :edge:

madonna's child said:

I feel your pain, Hippy :(

So do I since I'm also from the U.S. and that thing *is* pricey. Also it's hard as heck to find in this neck of the woods. I'm tired of Spin and Rolling Stone, too. They always have the same damn people, or people who are just alike, on their covers. They've gotten pretty boring.

elizabeth said:
ooo- i'd love to see this too...i finally got around to reading the results of the mixed grill on hotpress.com....

my question wasn't picked, but did i see "our" brianne's question there?

Why, yes. Yes you did. And we are are all very proud of her. And she was really damn excited. :D

But as for Q: MUST GET IT! U2 *and* The Red Hot Chili Peppers? This must go into my collection.

I wish I would have known about this yesterday cause I was at like three bookstores (we also went to best buy. in a related story, see my empty wallet ). I actually saw Q at one of them, but there was only a special issue with Oasis on the cover. Ah, well, I'll pick it up next time I go downtown.

Thanks for the heads up, U2Kitten! :)

Last edited:
It was in Hot Press. And it was posted on here somewhere. But of course I'd be more than happy to post it again here. ;) lol

A question for Bono: if you had to choose one of these terms to define yourself right now, would it be A) political activist, or b) musician?
::: Brianne

BONO: Nothing comes close to the feeling of waking up with a melody in your head and having a band like U2 to help you capture it. As I said at the hotpress Awards, I don?t think of myself as a great singer but I sing from a great place. That place is U2. Politicians don?t turn me on, politics doesn?t turn me on, the way music does. I have a lot more respect for them than I used to. They work a lot harder than I thought? but I don?t want to be one.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
I just wanted to tell everyone who didn't know that I saw U2 in the new Q magazine! It's the one with the Red Hot Chili Peppers on it. It's a story, like a chronicle of a week with U2 in London in 1980. It has lots of cute pics too. It's interesting to read things like that, what they thought back then, Bono saying things like 'just throw money' knowing how great it all ended up for them! :)

No Q magazine sold around these parts! i know, i live in the sticks..HOWEVER..the BF works in Orlando, so guess what? he has a mission today..GET Q MAGAZINE FOR JANINNE!

hehehe...:D

Back
Top Bottom