U2 In Nawlins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:

:yes:

What really gets me, is here's this famous musician from Ireland, who is probably never going to be directly affected by a hurricane, but he has started this whole project with other people to help :up:.

exactly - plus I don't think I've ever seen him get that emotional

kellyahern said:

:yes:

What really gets me, is here's this famous musician from Ireland, who is probably never going to be directly affected by a hurricane, but he has started this whole project with other people to help :up:.

I know...that makes it even more great. He could sit back and do nothing thinking it has no impact on him at all but nope he cares. It's great to see that he and the band pretty much think globally.

nurse chrissi said:
God forbid that u2.com would provide a link :|

I know. :sigh: I'm hoping the Music Rising site will post them. I can watch the videos there. MSN's player is crap. If it was even Real Player I could watch it.

again - not Edge but :ohmy:

8444561chrissib430200683032PM.jpg

Bruuuuuuuce :drool:

Between this thread and the Dallas one, PLEBA has been about two steps shy of too much for me to handle this weekend! :help:

I always get so down whenever I read about Bono & the boys popping up in different places, because its NEVER Down Under here in little old NZ, 10 million miles away from all the action of the world....definately going to have to save up for some travel in the future when my kids are older......:sad:

Edgette said:
I don't think Bono was ever there. :shrug:

I'm beginning to think that too...and maybe the NYC sighting was right. Ah well, guess we'll never know unless Bono shows up in Grand Rapids with an eyepatch. :wink:

That's not to say he might not show up next weekend, Dallas to New Orleans is a short hop...maybe an appearance with Dylan?

Bruce was awesome! I haven't seen him have that much fun on stage since pre Born in the USA....

Thanks for the link to Edge's performance-he looked so happy and it was so great to see him on stage!

I really thought Bono would join Bruce but sure can't be disappointed with tonight's performance.....Elvis Costello was on with Allen Touissant the set before and they were amazing as well-all the performers have just played their hearts out for New Orleans this weekend!

Driving through the city is heartbreaking and it's really unbelievable the devastation that still exists EIGHT months after Katrina, water marks and spray paint still mark the homes, signs on telephone poles advertise House Gutting with a number to call, debris stiil waiting to be picked up on the streets...hard to believe this is America. Everyone here just kept thanking us for coming, they are putting their all into rebuilding their city...

Anyhow back to PLEBA content, I did see Dallas in the lobby and John held the elevator for me once, but no Bono sightings.....guess I have to wait unitl Friday
:wink:

The Duchess said:
Neither can I hun!
:wave: to Cecy
love
Heather:)
UK

Hi Cecy!

Hi Heather!

Wish we'd made the road trip to NO after all. Oh well.
I will wait for Hawaii.
Patiently.

Waiting.

Thanks everyone fo the info and pics, video, etc.

Back
Top Bottom