U2 in Gelsenkirchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leetah said:
u2_2005_gelsenkirchen09.jpg

What's he got on his leg? Someone must be tagging him with a laser. Hey, careful with the jewels!

kellyahern said:

Hello, hello...
I was in Gelsenkirchen yesterday! My first concert ever and it was so great! I stood right in front of the b-stage on Adam's side.
I was really close to Larry and Bono; same perspective you can see on these pictures!
and ADAM- whoa! What can I say? He was sooo cool. Walking along the stage all the time. And SYCMOYO- The whole song I could look straight into Bono's eyes, as he took off his sunglasses and was only a few meters away from me.
And they played party girl! So cool, although Bono forgot the text- we all had a laugh!

By the way- the dolphin's name is funghi and he belongs to a few members of u2tour.de!

Greetings from Germany
Rock on

(Oh- don't know where to post it and as it is only a rumor, I put it in here:
A German newspaper reported that Ali and Bono are expecting their fith child. (But I don't really know whether this article is credible, as it also said, that the child's name will be Bono or Bonna!?)

Last edited:
Palace_Hero said:
I have to say sillouhette because on the video I've seen it looks like he walks directly off the platforrm. So I am guessing it is filmed under the stage. Though I really don't know for certain.

From Willie's Diary:

After the run through we did a quick video shoot with Bono for a last minute spontaneous sequence. It\'s for the opening of Zoo Station, the idea being to recreate the iconic image of him as \'The Fly\' in front of TV static. We didn\'t really know it till we did it, but the new character we shot tonight is essentially the same guy, but 15 years on, tired and cynical after a life of excess; some jaded Nazi in a bus conductor\'s hat who\'s been dragged out of retirement from some dodgy tango club in Buenos Aires to go through the motions one last time. It all came together in the moment and it was very funny. Bono nailed it first time, instantly getting right into character, pressed up against a huge video wall with Zoo Station playing on a boom box and me yelling instructions, whilst all present howled with laughter.

Back
Top Bottom