U2 Hit the Hall of Fame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

souLnation2002

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
MuchNews: Wednesday, September 18, 2002

U2 Hit the Hall of Fame
They won't be eligible for induction for another couple of years, but U2 are set to be featured in a major exhibition at Cleveland's Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. The U2 show will take the place of a long-running John Lennon retrospective. The museum plans to represent the band's career from its very beginnings by exhibiting stage outfits and props, instruments and Bono's handwritten lyrics. The museum will likely be tapping into drummer Larry Mullen's huge collection of U2 memorabilia - he's said to have a house full of original t-shirts, backstage passes and gig flyers. The show will open in January or February of next year. During a taping of the Oprah Winfrey show yesterday, which will air on Friday, Bono only mentioned his day job in U2 a few times. Instead the singer focused on activism on behalf of suffering Africans.

souLnation2002 said:
The museum will likely be tapping into drummer Larry Mullen's huge collection of U2 memorabilia - he's said to have a house full of original t-shirts, backstage passes and gig flyers

*idea*
Maybe THAT'S why he owns the houses on either side of his...
Dude I need to get myself there one of these days.

:lol: Daisy

We would all get arrested

Freal.

I mean I practically broke Asbury Park a number of times.... and there were only two of us on a non-U2-related event.

Imagine the havoc.

O_O WE COULD BE ON THE NEWS

SWEET

On a side note:
766.jpg

:shifty:

Okay, I am SO going to Cleveland in 2003!!

Does anyone know how far of a drive it is from Toronto to Cleveland?

:wave:

I'm so excited about this.....

I can't wait .....I'm in Cincinnati so I will most certainly be visiting Cleveland when this thing opens !!!
Hopefully I'll be there when some Interferencers (is that a word)
will be there.....:dance: :dance:

souLnation2002 said:
The museum will likely be tapping into drummer Larry Mullen's huge collection of U2 memorabilia - he's said to have a house full of original t-shirts, backstage passes and gig flyers.

you guys think he?s got Bono?s outfit there???

the_best_of_gallery_3.jpg

Bono in mesh!!!!!!

*takes advantage of list option*

• What I thought when I saw the picture above............
  • Nipple
  • Body Odor
  • Sticky Fingers <---------on the back wall
  • Grabbing Bono if I had been there

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

I'm an hour from Cleveland. They think one or more of the band will be at the opening. I was there a month ago and got to touch the Fly and Mirrorball Man. Yuuummm. We should try to hit the opening. Supossed to be in Jan.

OHHH man. If one or more band members are there for the opening SO AM I. I was planning to go anyway, and that would be the perfect time. So, um, do they ever do openings on a weekend? :confused:

oktobergirl said:
Okay, I am SO going to Cleveland in 2003!!

Does anyone know how far of a drive it is from Toronto to Cleveland?

:wave:

I'm in the Buffalo area, and Cleveland is 4 hours...and it's about 2-3 hours to TO from Buffalo, so 6 or 7 hours give or take.

I want to go too...but I want to get there before the Lennon exhibit closes. Looks like I'll be making some trips to Cleveland. Hehe :wave:

The Lennon exhibit is excellent. Made me cry reading some of the things he wrote to Yoko. The opening may be on a weekend. I'm sure they will be more definite, closer to the opening. The guy, Jim Henke that runs the RRHoF is good friends with the band from their first tour in America. He worked in NYC then as a writer, maybe for Rolling Stone or something. See ya then.

Cleveland in Jan may not sound so bad....

If a memeber of the band is there for the opening...I will be there...no matter how much snow.....:laugh:

Scarletwine said:
The Lennon exhibit is excellent. Made me cry reading some of the things he wrote to Yoko. The opening may be on a weekend. I'm sure they will be more definite, closer to the opening. The guy, Jim Henke that runs the RRHoF is good friends with the band from their first tour in America. He worked in NYC then as a writer, maybe for Rolling Stone or something. See ya then.

OK, now I really, really want to go. :) :)

Scarletwine said:

Say...Brianne...d'ya think we could make *two* trips to Cleveland in the next few months? :angel:

There are alot of neckid pictures of John & Yoko also, *looks around nervously*.

He has about as much invisible ass as you'd imagine Edge has. ROFLMAO!

Seriously this is a big deal for our men.

Maybe this should move to gatherings, but I think we should plan to be there for the opening for our band.
I'll be there for sure.

Back
Top Bottom