U2 Grammy Performance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thankyou

Refugee
Has this already been posted? If so just tag it onto the thread.

I just saw an add for this show this morning. It's to be on CBS friday evening, and they show clips of the band singing beautiful day. it doesn't say it will show it entirely, but if you want to catch a glimpse of the boys, tune on friday eve. looks like there will be a lot of good performances to watch anyways. here's some info and the link.

Grammy's - 50th Anniversary
This year is the 50th anniversary of the GRAMMYS and CBS is celebrating by asking you to build the show you want to see. The votes are in and the show is now set to screen the clips you think represent some of the best moments from GRAMMY's history.

http://www.cbs.com/specials/50grammys/

Thanks for posting this, thankyou (is that redundant? HAHA!). Unfortunately, every time I try to watch the video clip of U2's performance, it shuts down my internet. I'll try again later! :wink:

so watch them tonight, at 8pm eastern 7pm central, on cbs. they keep showing the band performing in two different clips (beautiful day and sometimes you can't make it on your own) . i'm thinking they'll probably be showing them doing one of them.

it was pretty nice, they showed beautiful day performance and explained how bono lost his sound and just had to wing it for awhile there. they started the show out with the boys being interviewed (bono and edge only), and singing beautiful day. they were interviewed a couple of times, Bono wearing no shades. they were also mentioned a couple of times, that they had sung "sometimes you can't make it on your own" and that U2 had a magnificent night the night of the 1988 grammy's before the performance by michael jackson.

not bad, they got mentioned way more than i thought they would be. it was great to see the band back in the 2001 era.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eIDAmXeJ18

hope everybody caught the show! watching the other performances were also pretty awesome. loved the clash tribute. i'm still surprised though that number one was green day. i really like the band, but i thought the grammy's would go for a more nostalgic number one.

ps: doesn't it seem like Bono should have been singing in that Clash tribute? or at least The Edge playing the guitar? or am i just a little bit U2 biased?? :wink:

for those who want to take a trip back in time, U2 receiving their grammy for the Joshua Tree Album: (very funny!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sc3FWJiQdg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgRErUkTdFM&feature=related (adam gets lost!)

Last edited:
yeah the band was on alot more than i expected.
it was nice to see them recently too!
i was bummed that green day was number 1, i mean theyre okay but personally i didnt like the american idiot album.
i LOVED the clash tribute! it was pretty sweet. yeah I think Edge should have been up there instead of...dave grohl.
the jt speech is priceless
and when eric took best album in 93 i couldnt help but cringe a little.

Caps ... quality isn't good, but still:

screenshot_grammy01.jpg

screenshot_grammy02.jpg

last unicorn thank you SOOOOOO much- had no idea there were to be interviews, etc. SO I MISSED IT!!! but now i can see THEM.:applaud:

:wink: Wow! Thank you..thankyou!! Hee...lol! I loved the links that lead to me hearing 'Slow Dancing"! I had never heard THat song before, with or without..hee Willie!! Awesome song! :yes: :sexywink:

Bono performed "Across the universe" with a couple of other artists for the Tsunami relief at the end of the show.

I LOVE the performance of Sometimes, gives me shivers.

forbonou2 said:
:wink: Wow! Thank you..thankyou!! Hee...lol! I loved the links that lead to me hearing 'Slow Dancing"! I had never heard THat song before, with or without..hee Willie!! Awesome song! :yes: :sexywink:

Could you tell me which link that was? thanks :)

Part seven:
U2 is toward the end of this part. What show was B talking about in the beginning of the interview ? There's a bit of BD, and I LOVE the way he does it at the end. Bonus, little bit of shadeless B.
Eh, nice voice takeoverlover, but wanted to hear more of the interview.

Last edited:
Yeah, I hope someone can upload the parts with B & E interview without the annoying voice-overs and in better quality. But Bono shadeless is so cute!

Back
Top Bottom