U2 Fashion-itis!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
They say immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. If this is true, then I'm so sincere, I'm practically a freakin U2 clone.
biggrin.gif

Yes. They're GUYS. Yes. I'm a CHICK. But still I find myself...wanting to look as U2-ey as possible!! So I now have in my fashion repetoire:

• Bono stuff:
  • a pair of Bono-y sunglasses
  • a couple of shirts with those cool extra long sleeves
  • Looking for the leather jacket now!
  • a pair pants like he's worn
  • a pair of boots very similiar to the ones he wears during the ATYCLB tour;
  • still thinkin about one of those red ruffly shirts and *gasp* lace-up pants like in the MW video!
  • just bought a rather Bonoesque necklace/chain this weekend!

Larry/Adam stuff:
  • my glasses are somewhat Adam-y
  • I'm on a quest for some earrings like Larry's
  • and maybe a Larry like biker jacket!
  • Also looking for bracelets like Adam has been known to wear
  • yep, I have a sarong!
    wink.gif
  • Afghan coat? Aren't they IN this year?
    smile.gif

Edgie stuff:
  • well, forget the beanie.
  • those SPANGLED PANTS!!! I NEED A PAIR!!!
  • I have a couple of Pop-like poly duds
  • some of his jewelry is pretty cool too
  • and oh yes...I need to learn how to belly dance!!!

So spill yer guts, gals...you KNOW you want to look as cool, as hip, as FUNKY as our fab four, dontcha? Do tell...whatcha got in YOUR closet???

+*+Disco+*+ ...hey, I'm not called DISCO fer nothin!

Oh lord....where do I begin. But honestly, some of the stuff on the list I bought before Bono started to wear it, ie) leather jacket, glasses, boots etc.

Bono:
-sunglasses JUST LIKE The ones he wears in the first walk on video.
-camo cap!!!!
-my fav black t shirt (not sure if this counts but i love it so much and it would be mad at me if it wasn't on the list)
-greenish blackish pants with zippers and stuff
-elevation style black leather jacket
-elevation style blue shades
-I swear I have the boots he wears on this tour but I bought them last september!!
-All my shirts have super long sleeves because I have tiny t-rex arms
-black leather pants

Adam:
-I have an orange vest and bright orange cargos like his poptart outfit (a COMPLETE coincedience I SWEAR) I look like a tic-tac in them!

Edge:
-I have a 5, 38, and a 10 shirt
- I have a purple beanie
-I have one pair of bedazzled jeans in the works

Larry:
-Umm, sorry lar, we don't have the same taste.

Macphisto: (I'm very sad I have to include this category *sigh* hold me)
-a black velvet dressing coat with leapord print cuffs and lapel
-Gold satin pajama set
-Red satin pajama set
-Black fuzzy slippers with silver shiney tinsel in them
- Shiney gold jacket
- Glittery gold high heels (2 pairs)
- sequined red dress shirt
- do martini glasses count as accessories?

Wow.
I have the most fashion sense in common with Macphisto.... and I wonder why I have a hard time "blending". Honestly, I have dressed this way long before I knew of the lovely Mr. Mac... That actually just weirds me out more.
-Bluey of Doom

------------------
"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEEEEE!" :)

I've been trying to dress my other half like Bono for awhile. Trying to find something similar to the Elevation video leather/rayon? jacket. He's got a couple of pair of Bono sunglasses. I think he wears them so he'll get lucky at night with me. He even wore his POPMART boot-stompin' Bono t-shirt the other night. Definitely got some with that one. Helps that he's built somewhat like the frontman himself.

stay safe tonight.....

My wardrobe has become U2-ized. LOL
wink.gif

Adam:
- Adam sunglasses... purple-lensed, and rimless
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

- Assorted cargo pants (although I picked up most of these prior to ATYCLB)
- Kickass khaki colored pants that flairout with a zipper. They remind me of the Elevation promo photo w/ the blue sky.

Edge:
- numbered shirts! I have a glittery #10 tee shirt I'm quite proud of. LOL
- I would die for a pair of his blue-flamed sequined jeans!!

Larry:
- Doc Martens!!!
biggrin.gif
I own 3 pairs!

Bono:
- I have these vinyl pants... the kinda pass off as leather... does that count? LOL I'm not a Bono-gal.

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question.

Hmmm I only have a couple ...

Bono: Damn I have a freakin' collection of soooo many Bono-ey glasses!
biggrin.gif
And black leather pants ala Zoo Station!

Edge: yes those number shirts! I also have a glitter number blouses!
biggrin.gif
I have like 3 so far 7, 10, and 31!
biggrin.gif
I just think of Edge when I wear them!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

*Bono- black Fly sunglasses, black rimmed & blue lensed Pop era sunglasses, black vinyl pants, and a black vinyl jacket that makes me feel Bono-ish everytime I wear it.

*Adam- a pair of cargo pants I wear with sandals and a long sleeved t-shirt, plaid checkered pants

*Edge- hmm, nothing Edgie like; been trying to find a number t-shirt but can't find them and I'm not a stick so any stores like Wet Seal and the like will not help me at all. lol (I'm one of those girls who needs an "in-between store"-Wet Seal doesn't fit me, and Lane Bryant is too big, arrgh!)

*Larry-
smile.gif
I love the color blue now for some reason...I have two shirts, one is in the "military style". I also have two JT era denim shirts, and I love wearing jeans with my converse sneaks and Docs!

------------------
"Enough of this video bullshit, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry

~April

Ever since I've seen them on Bono, I've wanted a pair of yellow sunglasses...I seriously, to the dismay of many a shopping partner, will stop at the sunglasses booth/counter/turny thing with sunglasses on it and try on every even remotely yellow pair, in the hopes that I'll find one that fits and has the right look...I'm yet to succeed *sigh*

Black Fly Glasses, and um....

I've got work to do.

On the other hand, I have a t-shirt from my POP concert that I've worn so many times, I expect it to get up and run away screaming from me next time I go to put it on...
biggrin.gif

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

"I'm a big nsync fan, but then again, I eat my own crap...." - Triumph

[This message has been edited by She ls Raging (edited 09-11-2001).]

I promise,one of these days I'll be able to make a post without editing it!

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

"I'm a big nsync fan, but then again, I eat my own crap...." - Triumph

OMG, Bluey, I admit it, you're much worse of a clone than me!
biggrin.gif
That MacPhisto garb story def. is weird...guess you were just ahead of the times! (maybe Fintan got his tips from YOU??)

LMAO!!! *pictures orange Dino-Bluey stomping around the town going RAWR! RAWR!*

hehehehe....
smile.gif

I?m getting a POPTART t-shirt, yeah baby
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I?m a bass player and I look like one
biggrin.gif

oh and I?ve got 3 pairs of Docks

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

U2 fashion items?

Wow, well I have just had a think, I have never gone out to actually look for and buy something U2 reminiscent, though it had crossed my mind.

*goes off to look to find some stuff in wardrobe...*
Ok, I have here-
-2 black leather jackets,
-Pair of black sunglasses,
-Cowboy Hat- (aka 'Desire Video)
-Various Vest tops,
-Red silk ruffle shirt -Very much 'MW like- no idea how I got this. *Sheesh*

-Um- have many very tasteful tailored man's Velvet Jackets too, no idea how I have collected so many, or indeed why I am telling you this.

So suppose similar to Bonos stuff- I am afraid I havent got a single Numbered T-shirt! Aww!

(Actually *looks in mirror* My hair is a bit Bono-esq at the mo- same length, colour, Hmmm.)

I love sunglasses! I want Fly-shades dammit!
I have a great pair--dad calls them my Jackie O glasses though.
smile.gif

I want some camoflage pants now. Damn you Adam! And I have this strange desire to get a bedazzler now!!

------------------
All We Are Saying...Is Give Peace A Chance

--John Lennon

*I demand to know* where you got those velvet smoking jackets????????????

I MUST HAVE ONE. SOME. MANY.

Oooooh. Yummy.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Macphisto_esq:
U2 fashion items?

-Um- have many very tasteful tailored man's Velvet Jackets too, no idea how I have collected so many, or indeed why I am telling you this.

I'd never be caught dead wearing leather bubble pants. I'll let my frontwoman do that! LOL
wink.gif

By trade, us bassists are supposed to looking either boring, bored, or uninterested. Oh yeah, cool too. LOL
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by J-Tree (edited 09-12-2001).]

Originally posted by J-Tree:
By trade, us bassists are supposed to looking either boring, bored, or uninterested. Oh yeah, cool too. LOL
tongue.gif

LMAO
biggrin.gif
me and J-tree belong to the cool gang!!!
tongue.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by Discoteque:
*I demand to know* where you got those velvet smoking jackets????????????

I MUST HAVE ONE. SOME. MANY.

Oooooh. Yummy.
smile.gif

Discoteque!

I live in England and am often looking around junk shops, Charity shops, flea markets etc- and there are always many around those places- do you have them?

I did make a fabulous blood Red one- 3/4 length in velvet out of my old curtains,

Hmmm must have been very bored- but I like that sort of fashion.

I'd never be caught dead wearing leather bubble pants. I'll let my frontwoman do that! LOL
wink.gif

tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by J-Tree (edited 09-12-2001).]
WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Bubble Pants for meeeeeeee!
*Bluey dances around to the delight of screaming fans everywhere in her smashing bubble pants and jacket* And there is a built in feature for lead singers everywhere....should you fall on your ass because you are tackled by fans, trip over a mic chord or two, or your drummer picks you off with a well placed snare drum...you have extra bum protection!!!!
Yay!
U2_Popmart_Bono_01.jpg

-Bubble-Ass Bluey

Originally posted by blueeyes:
!!

-Bluey of Doom

Oh Bluey, LOL....thank you for making me laugh today. I have not had too much to smile about lately, but the "t-rex arms" comparison was just too much to bear.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for keeping us happy and smiling!

Back to the thread, I also have some U2 related clothing, since Edgie started wearing numbered shirts, I have sought them out non-stop, I have several numbered shirts and Adam-style cammie tops, I have a couple of those too. I would love jeans with shiny beads like Edgie's, but I don't think I'd wear them, too conservative I guess.
Bono, I own a TON of black clothes, so me n'bono have that in common.
smile.gif

Thanks again Bluey!
smile.gif

------------------
"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by blueeyes:
U2_Popmart_Bono_01.jpg

Don't you just wanna go up and pop Bono's pants? I mean the bubbles?!

*looks for excuses to touch Bono's legs, etc.*

eh...shameless Mona

------------------
~*Mona*~
"Heaven on earth -- we need it now" -U2-

"Peace does not mean getting your way.
Your ugliness could be my beauty,
your ugliness could be me."

i bought a cameo visor, cause it seemed bono-ish. i intended on wearing it to a fall concert, but the guys aren't coming back to pittsburgh. i always wear a hemp necklace that looks very adam-ish. (he has one on in the picture from the tibet freedom concert.) i have doc martens (larry) and i do have be-dazzled jeans (edge) though they are part of a costume and i don't know if i'll ever wear them in public! i'm looking for some bono ATYCLB shades at a reasonable price, cause i look really bad in colored shades.

------------------
"I can't believe the news today,
Oh, I can't close my eyes
And make it go away.
How long...
How long must we sing this song?
How long? How long...
'cause tonight...we can be as one."

Love to all of you,
Emily

Well...I'm in Dall-ASS, land of (un-Bonolike) cowboy hats, (un-Edgelike) cowboy boots, pick-em-up trucks, big HAIR, big fake boobs, lots of money but not much taste. plus it's freaking HOT here so velvet doesn't get much coverage, heh.
smile.gif

I haven't ever seen any smoking jackets in any of the vintage/resale shops I've frequented...nobody really wears them here! I know they're rather a more 'British' item, but I LOVE the one that Bono is wearing in these pics, he looks SO cozy and yummy and cuddly and I just wanna *squeeze* him!!!
biggrin.gif

SZ17466.jpg

tY64703.jpg

Oh yeah, and Edge's cute little patchy BUTT is adorable as well! *pinch!*
smile.gif
icon19.gif

Originally posted by Macphisto_esq:
Discoteque!

I live in England and am often looking around junk shops, Charity shops, flea markets etc- and there are always many around those places- do you have them?

Originally posted by Discoteque:
Well...I'm in Dall-ASS, land of (un-Bonolike) cowboy hats, (un-Edgelike) cowboy boots, pick-em-up trucks, big HAIR, big fake boobs, lots of money but not much taste. plus it's freaking HOT here so velvet doesn't get much coverage, heh.
smile.gif

aaaaaaawwwwww Disco! Bigger is better.

Em.....*pity time is over* Hands off Bono and his smoking jacket. OMG!!!!!!! Those pics just finished and they're whole!!!!!! OMG. Does anyone else notice the resemblance of Bono's jacket to the ones in that MILLI VANILLI VIDEO? I am NOT kidding. Someone get a pic of them. Shoo.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"We're one, but we're not the same. We get to carry each other"

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
I love the patched ass!!

lol! OK WHO ripped off a portion of his pant?

------------------
~*Mona*~
"We're one, but we're not the same. We get to carry each other"

Back
Top Bottom