U2 Competition for Pleba Girls!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I've been loving the creative energy that's flowing around here lately! It's great! So I figured I'd spice it up a little and create a competition. Here's how it goes:
The Rules
1. Your submission must be your description of your wildest fantasy about you and U2.
2. It has to be realistic (aka no "Bono and Edge suddenly walked into my cube and whisked me out of work and flew me to Maui). Something that *could* happen....
3. Make my heart beat fast!
4. Does NOT have to be explicit!
5. Can be any length- although not too long, please. Can even be one sentance.
6. Anything can be a fantasy, from being winked at on stage to bumping into them at the grocery store. Start with something realistic and let it fly.
7. Their love lives and other such facts can NOT be altered, nor should their characters be. (no "every thought of ali left his head when he saw me and we eloped right there")

Prize: U2 bootleg CD. I mainly have the Boston shows, but I also things like Bono's solo cds. So pretty much whatever I have that you want. I'll talk specifics later with the winner.

Questions: post them or please email me.

Deadline: this Sunday, September 2nd. 10AM EST. I'll post the winner that night.

I hope you guys enjoy this and have fun with it! If you think it's lame, well I won't do it again...

The only limits are the limits of your imagination....

------------------
Looking for a sound that's gonna drown out the world

My fanatical U2 webpage: Take Me Higher

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 08-30-2001).]

I wont be any good, so I am not gonna enter.......
frown.gif

Ok, I?ll give it a shot:

It happened last week at the Slane gig. I?ve never been to a U2 concert before, so this was really special. We managed to get into the heart and had a great view at the stage. We got more and more excited as time passed by and U2 were supposed to get onstage anytime. Then they started playing the first lines of Elevation... Here they were, all four of them, but one band member looking extremely well that night. It was a great show, the band has never been better. Bono kept pacing on the catwalk and somehow I managed to get eye-contact with him. OMG - those eyes - I nearly fainted. Then during MW he came toward our section, I reached out like hundred other girls trying to touch Bono?s hand. And I touched his, and he touched mine. Then suddenly I felt a pull, yes, I was been pulled towards Bono! And everybody around me suddenly lifted me up and helped me on the stage. I can?t say what i felt at this moment. I just thought: you better don?t panic now, relax. Bono smiled at me and hugged me. In his arms I could start thinking again and I managed to say: Thanks, Bono, but do you think I could have this dance with Adam? Bono looked me in my eyes and started laughing. He took my hand and led me towards a surprised looking Adam. Bono wispered something in his ears and this BIG smile appeard on Adam?s face. He handed his bass over to Bono and I felt into his arms. We danced and for a moment I forgot everything around me, there was just me and him ...

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Ok here's mine...SIGH. Sorry to dissapoint you but there will be no "gettin it on". Because, umm no.

I got tickets to the October 31st show of the Elevation tour!!!I was mostly just freaked about going to the concert itself, when the day of the concert I realized it was my favorite holiday of all - HALLOWEEN. I was thrilled to be going to the concert, but I felt like I would miss dressing up. So, I compromised, I dressed up in my halloween costume and went to the concert. I had considered wearing my Macphisto costume, but I thought that I would come across as a crazy wannabe. So then, I decided to go in the opposite direction. I wore a long cream colored cotton dress, curled my black hair and strapped a HUGE pair of wings on my back (lent to me by my costume designer friend), and went as an angel.
I didn't feel like taking a bag and changing, so I sucked up my courage, folded my wings in and just went to the concert like that. Problem was, I had a g.a. ticket and if I wanted to get in the heart, I had to wait in line all day. Oh well! As soon as I reached the line I was elated, the five crazy people in line before me (this was 7 a.m. mind you in the winter in canada)were all dressed up too! As the day progressed, I made friends with many witches, bunnies, fairies, and of course, flies. The costumes put everyone in good spirits so the wait was not that bad.
I did get into the heart. I ran to the apex of the heart and gripped the rail with the sort of strength usually reserved for hanging off bridges. The show was amazing, and I was SO close to the band. My face hurt from smiling when all of a sudden Bono just wandered off stage. You could see Adam and Edge kinda smirk and Edge joked that Bono had to run to the loo and he'd be back in a minute, and Edge finished the song. At the end of the song, everyone went NUTS when we heard a familliar disembodied voice from the darkness,
"Hello children, I'm baaa-aaack. It's a very special little boy's birthdaaaay today. Sing with me everyone, Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you" by this time 20,000 people were singing, "Happy birthday dear Larry."
And from the darkness, a huge cake was wheeled out onto the stage. Larry looked puzzled and embarassed and went over to blow out the candles when the top of the cake opened and who should step out but the lovely MR. MACPHISTO?!! Larry groaned and started to laugh as the whole arena went CRAZY, cheering and stomping their feet. Macphisto had a little cupcake in his hand for Larry with one candle on it. He finished the song and primly handed the mini-cake to Larry.
"Well," Mr. Mac purred into the mic, putting one golden arm over Larry's shoulders "You are almost as old as me now my boy *sniff* but I must say, you haven't aged as well."
When the band got back to their instruments, they started a scathing rendition of HMKMTMKM. Macphisto was strutting all over the stage, waving and posing, just oozing sulphuric hip when he wandered over to the centre of the stage and looked down at ME!!!
"Well," he drawled during a soft part of the song " I see a friend I haven't seen in ages. She works for the other side but it IS a holiday isn't it?". With that, Macphisto crouched down and grabbed my hand, my eyes widened and I thought my heart would jump right out of my chest. Somehow I made it on stage. Real angels can't sweat like that. Macphisto used me as a prop, pulling at my wings, and we started playing a diabolical game of tag between heaven and hell around the catwalk while he finished the song. When the music ended he was about 15 feet away from me and I just stood there smiling in the spotlight, too excited to move, and he began to talk to me.
"Well, well, darling. I've known you for, how long has it been, *sniff* ages?" I shrugged nonchalantly. The audience giggled. He turned to the audience and waved at me imperiously "They have been hounding me for millenia to come to their side, but I must admit they have never sent so lovely a messanger before." I turned scarlet, and I could hear my thudding heart as he sauntered towards me. Mr Macphisto was about 5 inches from me now. I felt like a wildlife photographer.
"Tell me, darling, why should I join your little club , hmmm???". He put the mic to my mouth. OMG, he was putting ME on the spot, how could he do this in front of thousands of silent people???? Then, thank god, I started to do the craziest thing I have ever done in my life to this day. GULP. I took the mic with shaking hands, I had no time to be dignified!
"Because," I said in a shakey voice, and then I felt really calm and looked Mr. Mac in the eye and started to sing, and eight years of voice lessons finally paid off:
"You say you want diamonds and a ring of gold, you say you want your story to remain untold, all the promises we made, from the cradle to the grave..." I gave him my best angelic look and touched the shoulder of his gold jacket "but all I want is you". The band started in to back me up and Macphisto was really playing it up, just staring at me like he was loosing his faith. So I kept singing the angel's love song to the devil,
"You say you want a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it, all the riches in the land, you say you want eyes in moon of blindness, a river in a time of dryness, a harbor in a tempest, all the promises we made, from the cradle to the grave," I held out my arms "But all I want is you". Macphisto walked into them and danced with me with his head on my shoulder. The crowd sang the expansive chorus with me
"All I want is Yooooooouuuu
All I want is yooooooouuu
All I want is yooooouuuuuu!"
Macphisto and I danced together until the song ended and the lights went out.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 08-30-2001).]

Awwww! Bluey, that was so sweet.
Maybe it'll really happen! They are doing NY shows at the end of October, ya know!

------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Fight Club

"Here's where it makes the most sense. You need it so you don't forget. Forget that there are places in the world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside that's yours, that they can't touch. That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you." - The Shawshank Redemption

"All God wants is a willing heart and for us to call out to him." - Bono

"Ohh!!! Egyptians!" - Me, on AOL IM

My favorite holiday is Halloween too! I'm gonna be Elvis this year!!!

Would love to enter the competition! But we will see if my creative juices can flow after partying all weekend (first weekend back to school...I'm goin crazy!).
smile.gif

------------------
BOOM-CHA

Ok, girls, here it is. I apologize if it seems cheezy.

I had waited years for this, and they crept by so slowly that it seemed like eternity. The reason I had to wait so long was because there was a sequence of classes that I just couldn't interrupt, otherwise it would put me an entire year behind. So it was either go during a summer (whose program was only a measly month long) or go after I student teach. I opted to stay in Ireland for a whole 5 months and for that had to pay the price of waiting until after my semester student teaching. But finally, after years of waiting, I was going to spend a semester in Dublin, Ireland, studying at Trinity College.

For the first week or so, I spent much of my time wandering around the city, finding my way around and attempting feebly to get myself acquainted with the area. I had wandered off down a street one afternoon, having been drawn there by what looked like a little cafe at the end of the street. I headed in since I was tired, ordered a drink and found myself a seat at a table in the corner. I observed the decor, the scenery and watched the people as they came in and out about their daily activities. After a few hours of sitting there boredom started to set in and I decided to head back to my apartment. I soon discovered, however, that I was severely lost. I literally had no idea where I was other than Dublin, Ireland. So I wandered up and down streets, figuring that eventually I had to stumble upon something that looked familiar. After a while, my brilliant theory started to prove itself a failure, and discouraged, scared and upset, I sat down on a nearby bench, and against my will, a tear found its way out of my eye and streamed down my face. I stared off into whatever direction was convenient, half of me hoping that I'd find help and half of me hoping that no one would see me sitting here crying.

Then, a voice: "Excuse me?"

I was so tuned out that I didn't hear it at first, and when I did hear it, the familiarity didn't trigger. Nor did I recognize the texture and the Irish accent it was spoken in. Then again, I was in Ireland. Why should it have triggered? I didn't recognize the black pants that clothed the legs that stood in front of my eyes, nor the half-open black shirt that housed the torso. Then I looked up and it finally triggered: the man standing in front of me was Bono. He smiled and again said in his soft voice, "Are you okay?"

I looked around, and the area seemed to be virtually deserted other than a stray pedestrian here and there. I managed to pull myself together enough to say, "Um... I'm a bit lost..."
"Ahhh, you're an american?" he smiled, his electric blue eyes flirtatiously shining at me.
"Is it that obvious?" I asked pensively.
"Well, your accent is a bit of a giveaway..." he laughed and it lit up his whole face.
My accent? I'd never had that term applied to me before... it sounded so strange.
"Where were you trying to go?" he asked with a smirk, wrapping his arm around me in his flirty Bono-esque way. He carried with him a scent that was absolutely intoxicating to my senses.
I explained my situation to him as best I could through a voice raw from crying for only God knew how long. Not to mention being distracted by his scent and feeling his face inches from mine...
"Ah, you're a bit off course I'd say..." he told me.
Somehow his voice was so soothing to me... as he spoke I began to feel a little better.
He began to explain to me how to get back to my building, but once he figured out that I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about, he broke down and said, "Alright, I'll take you there..."
As we started to drive away, all the rumours about Bono's awful driving suddenly proved a harsh reality to me. I said quick, little prayers in my head as he miraculously avoided what would have been disastrous accidents. Then he spoke again, "I hope you don't mind, but I am a bit hungry and you do look like you'd been sitting there for quite a while... would it be alright if we stopped for something to eat?"
I didn't even realize how hungry I was until he said that. I told him I didn't mind, and he pulled off into a side street. We walked into a restraunt that I would never have seen if Bono hadn't been leading me there. Once we walked in, he led me to a table off in a corner. We sat down, and as we ate what we'd ordered, he asked me what brought me to Dublin. I told him all about myself, giving him what I'd labeled as "the default conversation," which basically consisted of what year I was in school, my major and career outlook, all the basics. Once he found out that I was a singer we talked for quite a while, even flirting a little and then I noticed a man sit down between Bono and I.
"Edge!" I exclaimed, completely surprised to find that next to me sat the very man who amazed me the most out of anyone.
He looked over in my direction and smiled, then turned to Bono. "We've been waiting for you for over 2 hours..." he said very calmly.
Bono looked back at him, then at his watch and made a face as if to say "Oh, SHIT." He looked back at me, then to Edge, who looked at me then back to Bono and shrugged.
"Well, she is a rather well trained singer, perhaps no one would mind if she came along?"
Edge looked back at Bono and nodded, "Sure." He then turned his attention to me and asked my name. I told him, and he introduced himself. Before I knew it, I was sitting in the very recording studio of U2. I sat on a couch against the wall, wherever seemed that I was best out of the way. I watched them work, eventually fell asleep, again not realizing how exhausted I really was.

When I woke up, I was in a bed in a room that was painted white. On the bed sat Bono himself, looking down at me.
"Good mornin'" he said again in that soft voice.
"Where am I?" I asked.
"My house," he answered. "When you'd fallen asleep last night, I didn't want to just leave you there..."
I nodded. "Thank you." I tried to sound as grateful as possible, but I believe shock and disbelief were taking over.
He smiled. "I do need to get back to the studio, though, which means you'll have to come with me... See, I don't want to leave you alone here..."
I nodded. I rose out of bed and straightened out my clothes as best I could, followed him out of the house and to his car. Once again, as he drove he avoided death by millaseconds and then we arrived back at U2's studio.
I walked in, and was met with the rest of the band. Edge was the first to speak up.
"So we hear you're a singer?" he asked.
I nodded, still trying to drive sleep from my head.
"We'd love to hear you..." Adam hinted. All Larry did was smile breifly at me.
"Um... I don't know if you appreciate opera..." was all I could manage to say.
Bono looked slightly interested, Larry looked like he wanted to run screaming and Adam sat quietly. Then there was another unfamiliar voice.
"I could accompany you if you'd like..." I turned around and before me stood Brian Eno. Brian was a prolific musician and very well known twentieth century composer.
I agreed and went into my bag, pulled out the first aria I found and handed it to Brian.
"Ah, yes... Mozart..." he affirmed that I'd pulled out one of the arias from Le Nozze Di Figaro. I sang through it as best I could with it being so early and without adequate warm up. Once I'd finished, I got no response from the band directly. The four men exchanged looks and smiles, glances and half-chuckles. I was discouraged, thinking, "Of course, they're rock stars, what fool was I to think that they'd enjoy that?"
Then Bono spoke up. "Lisa, didn't you say you were completing a degree in vocal education?"
I nodded.
"You know, I was rather looking lately for a vocal coach, and I was wondering if you'd be interested in helping me..." he added.
I was so surprised and shocked, excited that I could barely nodd.
The band started their session, and I spent the day teaching Bono, correcting his techniques and helping him clarify his upper range. I was eventually hired as Bono's vocal coach, working one on one with him once a week. When it finally came time for me to go back to the States, I said my fond goodbyes.

I was in the airport waiting for my flight to board when suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped, startled and turned around to find a hooded man in dark shades, looking down to hide his face. He spoke my name softly, and I recognized his voice immediately. "Bono!" I said as quietly as I could as not to attract attention. "What are you doing here?"

He looked up at me, straight into my eyes and held it there for a moment, his eyes digging into me. He finally spoke, saying very softly, "I wanted to say goodbye."
Something told me that he was hiding something. "Is that all?" I asked.

Before I knew what happened, I felt his face inching toward mine, his scent that over the course of the past 5 months had engraved itself into my head intoxicating me yet again, his breath on my face and finally the lightest kiss I'd ever felt. His lips barely brushing mine, then coming again harder, sending lightning through my whole body. He pulled me closer to him, full against him and held me there. I buried my face in his shoulder, suddenly sorry to be leaving. I heard my flight's bording call and cringed. I pulled back to look at him and he took my face in his hands. They were small for a man's hands, but still encompassed my whole face somehow. He pressed his forehead to mine, whispering "God Bless you..." and kissed me once more very gently. "Thank you."
"I love you..." was all I could whisper. I hated saying it because it was such a cliche. It was so much of a cliche it nauseated me, but there were no other words I could find.
He looked into me again, and nodded, his eyes telling me silently that he loved me too. He told me, "You'll come back..."
I planted a kiss on his cheek, catching the single tear trailing out of his eye on my lips. I left him standing there, fighting the tears that wanted to stream down my own cheeks. I would come back someday, sure. But these past five months were all I could have ever asked for within an entire lifetime. I had spent a half year in the country where the majority of my heritage was, I had my dream job for a half year and I'd met and worked with four men that had influenced my life. Even the past five minutes were more than I could have asked for. The kiss Bono gave me was overwhelming, more than I could have ever hoped to share. It sat well with me. I wanted nothing more than that, nothing more than for him to be happy and I knew that his happiness could never have been with me. During the next tour, Bono invited me to some shows and we kept in touch. Naturally I never forgot my time with U2. But I never did go back to Ireland.

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE! I FINALLY UPDATED IT AFTER A VERY LONG TIME! SLIDE SHOWS AND A TON OF PICS FEATURING U2!

http://rattleandhum.icyspicy.com

Originally posted by Bonavoix:
I wanted nothing more than that, nothing more than for him to be happy and I knew that his happiness could never have been with me. During the next tour, Bono invited me to some shows and we kept in touch. Naturally I never forgot my time with U2. But I never did go back to Ireland.

*sniff*
*sniffle*
Oh, crap.
*gut-wrenching sobs*

That was SO sweet. Yes, it actually did make me cry just a bit, and that doesn't happen a lot.
Not cheesy at ALL. Don't even think it.
smile.gif

I could also see that really happening; it's something for us all to think about!
wink.gif

Bravo. *hug*

------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Fight Club

"Here's where it makes the most sense. You need it so you don't forget. Forget that there are places in the world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside that's yours, that they can't touch. That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you." - The Shawshank Redemption

Sunrazor, thank you. Coming from you, who has such a talent with words, that means a lot. Thanks!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE! I FINALLY UPDATED IT AFTER A VERY LONG TIME! SLIDE SHOWS AND A TON OF PICS FEATURING U2!

http://rattleandhum.icyspicy.com

Hmm... Well, I actually have TWO, and they both could really happen, I suppose.

First: I would like to approach Principle management about accompanying the boys on tour, in order to keep my own tour diary on U2.com, to provide the "fan's perspective".
I'd just like to go with them, traveling the world, crazy late nights in strange cities, hotel parties, just all the insanity they get up to. And of course, if Bono wants to pass out on my shoulder on a bus, that'd be okay too.
wink.gif

I've wanted this ever since I read the Flanagan Bible.

Second: You know Mel? Of course you all do. Well, I want THAT.
I want to lie on top of Bono on the catwalk, and run my fingers through his hair, and kiss my way down his neck, and smell his cologne. I want him to sing to me and moan in my ear. I want him to gently brush his lips against mine before he leaves me lying there, paralyzed, numb with euphoria. I want, for just one moment, to be closer to him than anyone else.
Of course, I'd probably demand to be shot afterwards. Life could only go downhill from that point.
tongue.gif

Well, there's me. Who's next?

------------------

I don't like rule #4 ....
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

Well, I wish I could post my wild-awesome dream... but it's not about the guys so...
*leaves the room, hidding*
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

wink2.gif

------------------
***We need new dreams tonight***

*sigh* should i? should i not? would i ever be able to? *sigh* dunno.. not sure.. (still a libra)
but do you really think...? nah.. ill see.. maybe, maybe not

btw great stories!! AM, Sunrazor, Bluey & Bonavoix, good job!! (hope i didnt forget anyone, lol)

Originally posted by Shirley:
*sigh* should i? should i not? would i ever be able to? *sigh* dunno.. not sure.. (still a libra)
but do you really think...? nah.. ill see.. maybe, maybe not

you can tell I?m an aries - I just do things without thinking (AM regrets that she posted her story...)

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

[This message has been edited by AM (edited 08-31-2001).]

Ok i'm gonna try this out although i'm sure it won't be as great as the others although I love writing u2ey stories
smile.gif

I arrived in Providence, RI anxious to get to the arena the day of the U2 concert. I thought to myself "It's larry's birthday, I must get Bono to dance with me and let me dance with Larry." As I whistled for a taxi, I thought of what I could do to get Bono's attention.

I finally arrived at the venue at 8am. I was surprised to find about 20 other people there waiting, but I thought to myself, "yes this means I can get into the heart." Well, I talked to other fans and they all recognized me as Mullen Girl. They all agreed that I should get on stage and dance with Larry for his birthday. So as time went by I thought and thought and finally it came to me. "YES!" I screamed outloud as everybody else looked at me. "oh sorry hehe", I looked at the others. I knew what I was going to do.

It was 6pm and time to go inside, I ran as fast as I could to where everybody gets into the heart. I got in and my heart was beating fast as each second went by quickly, the opening act had finished and now it was U2's turn!

I hear elevation and get pumped up as I am at the front of the heart in front of Bono. He comes out and plays a few songs, during which I make eye contact with him as much as I can, reaching out for him. Finally, during Mysterious ways, he looks straight at me, and reaches out for me. I take his hand and feel him pull me up, as the security guards help me up...

I look at Bono and he looks at me, I knew what I had to do. I started slowly belly dancing, teasing Bono as he reached out for me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Larry smiling and looking at me. I winked at Bono and winked back at me, knowing that I was going to dance for Larry. I turn around and face the drumkit and start belly dancing for Larry. Larry looks at me in shock with an expression on his face like, "what is this?" Sam, Larry's techie, offers to fill in for Larry as I motion Larry to come to me. Larry reluctantly stands up and slowly walks over to the front of his drumkit and looks at me. I sway my hips to and fro infront of him and take his hand pulling him to me. Larry looks over at the rest of the bandmembers in shock, not knowing what to do. Bono says "Go for it man!" Before I knew it Larry had his arms around me swaying along with me. I whispered in his ear, "happy birthday Larry, I love you." I hear him giggle and says, "thank you for dancing with me." Suddenly the song is over and I kiss Larry's cheek, walk over to Bono and give him a hug as security motion me to go back down into the heart. Bono says, "Happy birthday man!" as Larry goes back to the drumkit, not losing his eye contact with me.

I jump back down and people start patting my back saying "Way to go Mullen Girl!" I couldn't feel or hear them, I just stared at Larry and felt him stare at me. The show was over and he came over to where I was, handed me his drumsticks, and kissed my hand. I smiled and blew him a kiss. As I walked out everybody came up to me, but I didn't see them, I looked at the drumsticks and saw a little message. It said "Thank you for the dance, I will never forget you." I smiled and went back home, never forgetting that moment.

Cheezy eh? LOL
biggrin.gif
I did my best. I hope you liked it
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Mullen-Girl (edited 08-31-2001).]

Originally posted by AM:
you can tell I?m an aries - I just do things without thinking (AM regrets that she posted her story...)

NOOOO STARFISH! I liked your story don't feel bad. I think that you should post more of them heh heh heh. Keep on truckin' starfish!
Bluey
BTW. Starfish is AM's nickname and everyone should call her that.

------------------
"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEEEEE!" :)

OK Carrie-this one for certain will break your "rules', but I just got carried away w/myself. Its way too long, so I apologize. And Iiam so inspired by Jessica and her stories-I only wish this was as good. hey, it could possibly happen-ya' never know!

Sometimes It Pays To Be A Klutz

I was wandering the streets of Boston one day the last week of June. This was to be my last u2 show, and I was depressed. Not to mention, I had balcony seats that night. Oh well, I consoled myself, at least you'll be there.

As my thoughts drifted off, as they usually do, to Larry in a half unbuttoned shirt and Edge in those snug, sparkly jeans, suddenly I was in the midst of a commotion.

"Oh, bloody feckin' Hell, woman, look what ya' made me do" exclaimed the man with the Irish brogue. He had been carrying a pile of books and papers, which were now strewn all over Causeway Street. A gust of wind blew them towards downtown. Obvlious to the honks and middle fingers of typical Boston drivers, I gathered up every last one, and handed them over.

"I am so sorry, I am such a klutz. I am just distracted thinking about the show tonight, I said. "Oh, you're going to the shoow tonight, eh? Well, that's where I'm headed too. Since I can't seem to manage these papers, could you help me?"he asked.

Off we went into the Fleet Center. Suddenly, I could hear those unmistakable sensual guitar riffs. "Well, come on now-you've carried them all this way-we just need to bring them to the soundboard" . As we entered the arena, all I could hear was screaming.

"Come on Bono, we've got to get this down-yer really gettin' on my last nerve". I knew that voice instantly. It appeared that Bono and Edge were amused by Larry's frustration. Adam just looked on, smiling and puffing on his cigarette. As I tried to make it to the soundboard, legs wobbling, suddenly THAT voice called out-"Hey love, maybe you could help us-we're havin' a heap of trouble with our setlist for tonight. Come over here please". I drifted off towards Bono.

"What would you like us to play, love? You look like you've been a longtime fan, so could ya' just tell me, please?" I stuttered and stammered, listing all my faves. "OH, I just hope I can remember the words to all those" laughed Bono, and I laughed too. Edge winked at me just like in the Elevation video, and I nearly fainted.

As they played my setlist, I thought it could not get any better. I was in a trance, when Bono suddenly yelled out "Gina love, I need yer help again. I need to practice my dancing and, em, rollin' around. Would you mind helping me out?" Being a loyal Edge and Larry girl, I was still not going to pass up this offer.

Slowly we swayed to With or Without You. He was wearing a skintight red t-shirt and leather pants, and his arms were wrapped around me oh-so-tight. My lips gently nuzzled against his neck. Gently, he placed me down on the catwalk, and when his thighs were against mine, I tried in vain to get thoughts of PLEBA and "inside Bono's pants" threads and pics out of my head!

As he sang "Gina, I can't live With Or Without You, my eyes darted away for a split second, only to see that larry and Adam had both removed their shirts. The Fleet Center AC was broken again, and I was one lucky woman. Not to mention Edge was standing over us, strumming that guitar. Sadly, the song came to an end, and Edge reached out his hand to me and helped me up. His green eyes were inches away from me, and I just lost control. I hugged him and gave him a kiss on the cheek, and he just smiled, head bowed, blushing. He took my hand gently in his and helped me back to the soundboard.

There I stayed for the show, and they played my exact setlist. As the last notes of '40' were played, I headed towards the exit. But suddenly I was whisked backstage. The guys were all there, looking exhausted but elated. "Well, we've all agreed,Larry said, "this was our best show ever, thanks to your help". "Well, it was my pleasure, I whispered, barely getting the words out in the presence of his exquisite beauty.

Suddenly, Edge asked, "Could you spare some time and come on the road with us? All this touring makes us a little jaded sometimes, and we could really use the advice of a devoted fan such as yourself".

A week later, I had sold most of my belongings, and was jetting around on Elevation Air. I was even given credit in the tour program, and Paul McGuinness was taking my calls! All of this happened just because I was a daydreaming klutz on one June day in Boston.

Oh, WOW! These are all so great!!!

Hey Bonavoix, looks like I don't need to post your story, after all, cuz you've beat me to it!!
wink.gif

Gina, I loved that line about Edge thinking they need a seasoned fan on the road with them. Now THAT's a fantasy! Loved it!!!

Bluey, that was such a sweet (and so believable) story!

AM I got kind of confused in the middle and believed it had all actually happened to you. That WAS a fantasy, right?

That was excellent everyone! Woohhoo! (how do you judge a competition like this??)

*Mrs. Edge's to do list at work gets longer and longer...*

------------------
"So...you write smut." Mrs. Edge's father-in-law

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:

AM I got kind of confused in the middle and believed it had all actually happened to you. That WAS a fantasy, right?

yep, all fantasy unfortunately, but I wouldn?t mind if this had really happened last weekend
smile.gif

------------------

Back
Top Bottom