U2 Competition for Pleba Girls! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2001, 02:42 AM   #16
The Fly

Local Time: 04:44 PM
Hmm... Well, I actually have TWO, and they both could really happen, I suppose.

First: I would like to approach Principle management about accompanying the boys on tour, in order to keep my own tour diary on U2.com, to provide the "fan's perspective".
I'd just like to go with them, traveling the world, crazy late nights in strange cities, hotel parties, just all the insanity they get up to. And of course, if Bono wants to pass out on my shoulder on a bus, that'd be okay too.
I've wanted this ever since I read the Flanagan Bible.

Second: You know Mel? Of course you all do. Well, I want THAT.
I want to lie on top of Bono on the catwalk, and run my fingers through his hair, and kiss my way down his neck, and smell his cologne. I want him to sing to me and moan in my ear. I want him to gently brush his lips against mine before he leaves me lying there, paralyzed, numb with euphoria. I want, for just one moment, to be closer to him than anyone else.
Of course, I'd probably demand to be shot afterwards. Life could only go downhill from that point.

Well, there's me. Who's next?

------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Fight Club

"Here's where it makes the most sense. You need it so you don't forget. Forget that there are places in the world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside that's yours, that they can't touch. That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you." - The Shawshank Redemption

"All God wants is a willing heart and for us to call out to him." - Bono

"Ohh!!! Egyptians!" - Me, on AOL IM

Old 08-31-2001, 02:44 AM   #17
Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner

Local Time: 11:44 AM
I don't like rule #4 ....

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

Old 08-31-2001, 02:56 AM   #18
The Fly

Well, I wish I could post my wild-awesome dream... but it's not about the guys so...
*leaves the room, hidding*

------------------
***We need new dreams tonight***
Old 08-31-2001, 03:47 AM   #19
AM
Refugee

Local Time: 03:44 PM
more stories!!! cmon girls!!!

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01
Old 08-31-2001, 09:46 AM   #20
Acrobat

*sigh* should i? should i not? would i ever be able to? *sigh* dunno.. not sure.. (still a libra)
but do you really think...? nah.. ill see.. maybe, maybe not
Old 08-31-2001, 09:48 AM   #21
Acrobat

btw great stories!! AM, Sunrazor, Bluey & Bonavoix, good job!! (hope i didnt forget anyone, lol)
Old 08-31-2001, 10:02 AM   #22
AM
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Shirley:
*sigh* should i? should i not? would i ever be able to? *sigh* dunno.. not sure.. (still a libra)
but do you really think...? nah.. ill see.. maybe, maybe not
you can tell Im an aries - I just do things without thinking (AM regrets that she posted her story...)

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

[This message has been edited by AM (edited 08-31-2001).]
Old 08-31-2001, 10:54 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Ok i'm gonna try this out although i'm sure it won't be as great as the others although I love writing u2ey stories

I arrived in Providence, RI anxious to get to the arena the day of the U2 concert. I thought to myself "It's larry's birthday, I must get Bono to dance with me and let me dance with Larry." As I whistled for a taxi, I thought of what I could do to get Bono's attention.

I finally arrived at the venue at 8am. I was surprised to find about 20 other people there waiting, but I thought to myself, "yes this means I can get into the heart." Well, I talked to other fans and they all recognized me as Mullen Girl. They all agreed that I should get on stage and dance with Larry for his birthday. So as time went by I thought and thought and finally it came to me. "YES!" I screamed outloud as everybody else looked at me. "oh sorry hehe", I looked at the others. I knew what I was going to do.

It was 6pm and time to go inside, I ran as fast as I could to where everybody gets into the heart. I got in and my heart was beating fast as each second went by quickly, the opening act had finished and now it was U2's turn!

I hear elevation and get pumped up as I am at the front of the heart in front of Bono. He comes out and plays a few songs, during which I make eye contact with him as much as I can, reaching out for him. Finally, during Mysterious ways, he looks straight at me, and reaches out for me. I take his hand and feel him pull me up, as the security guards help me up...

I look at Bono and he looks at me, I knew what I had to do. I started slowly belly dancing, teasing Bono as he reached out for me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Larry smiling and looking at me. I winked at Bono and winked back at me, knowing that I was going to dance for Larry. I turn around and face the drumkit and start belly dancing for Larry. Larry looks at me in shock with an expression on his face like, "what is this?" Sam, Larry's techie, offers to fill in for Larry as I motion Larry to come to me. Larry reluctantly stands up and slowly walks over to the front of his drumkit and looks at me. I sway my hips to and fro infront of him and take his hand pulling him to me. Larry looks over at the rest of the bandmembers in shock, not knowing what to do. Bono says "Go for it man!" Before I knew it Larry had his arms around me swaying along with me. I whispered in his ear, "happy birthday Larry, I love you." I hear him giggle and says, "thank you for dancing with me." Suddenly the song is over and I kiss Larry's cheek, walk over to Bono and give him a hug as security motion me to go back down into the heart. Bono says, "Happy birthday man!" as Larry goes back to the drumkit, not losing his eye contact with me.

I jump back down and people start patting my back saying "Way to go Mullen Girl!" I couldn't feel or hear them, I just stared at Larry and felt him stare at me. The show was over and he came over to where I was, handed me his drumsticks, and kissed my hand. I smiled and blew him a kiss. As I walked out everybody came up to me, but I didn't see them, I looked at the drumsticks and saw a little message. It said "Thank you for the dance, I will never forget you." I smiled and went back home, never forgetting that moment.

Cheezy eh? LOL I did my best. I hope you liked it

[This message has been edited by Mullen-Girl (edited 08-31-2001).]
Old 08-31-2001, 11:02 AM   #24
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by AM:
you can tell Im an aries - I just do things without thinking (AM regrets that she posted her story...)

NOOOO STARFISH! I liked your story don't feel bad. I think that you should post more of them heh heh heh. Keep on truckin' starfish!
Bluey
BTW. Starfish is AM's nickname and everyone should call her that.

------------------
"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEEEEE!"
Old 08-31-2001, 11:08 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

OK Carrie-this one for certain will break your "rules', but I just got carried away w/myself. Its way too long, so I apologize. And Iiam so inspired by Jessica and her stories-I only wish this was as good. hey, it could possibly happen-ya' never know!

Sometimes It Pays To Be A Klutz

I was wandering the streets of Boston one day the last week of June. This was to be my last u2 show, and I was depressed. Not to mention, I had balcony seats that night. Oh well, I consoled myself, at least you'll be there.

As my thoughts drifted off, as they usually do, to Larry in a half unbuttoned shirt and Edge in those snug, sparkly jeans, suddenly I was in the midst of a commotion.

"Oh, bloody feckin' Hell, woman, look what ya' made me do" exclaimed the man with the Irish brogue. He had been carrying a pile of books and papers, which were now strewn all over Causeway Street. A gust of wind blew them towards downtown. Obvlious to the honks and middle fingers of typical Boston drivers, I gathered up every last one, and handed them over.

"I am so sorry, I am such a klutz. I am just distracted thinking about the show tonight, I said. "Oh, you're going to the shoow tonight, eh? Well, that's where I'm headed too. Since I can't seem to manage these papers, could you help me?"he asked.

Off we went into the Fleet Center. Suddenly, I could hear those unmistakable sensual guitar riffs. "Well, come on now-you've carried them all this way-we just need to bring them to the soundboard" . As we entered the arena, all I could hear was screaming.

"Come on Bono, we've got to get this down-yer really gettin' on my last nerve". I knew that voice instantly. It appeared that Bono and Edge were amused by Larry's frustration. Adam just looked on, smiling and puffing on his cigarette. As I tried to make it to the soundboard, legs wobbling, suddenly THAT voice called out-"Hey love, maybe you could help us-we're havin' a heap of trouble with our setlist for tonight. Come over here please". I drifted off towards Bono.

"What would you like us to play, love? You look like you've been a longtime fan, so could ya' just tell me, please?" I stuttered and stammered, listing all my faves. "OH, I just hope I can remember the words to all those" laughed Bono, and I laughed too. Edge winked at me just like in the Elevation video, and I nearly fainted.

As they played my setlist, I thought it could not get any better. I was in a trance, when Bono suddenly yelled out "Gina love, I need yer help again. I need to practice my dancing and, em, rollin' around. Would you mind helping me out?" Being a loyal Edge and Larry girl, I was still not going to pass up this offer.

Slowly we swayed to With or Without You. He was wearing a skintight red t-shirt and leather pants, and his arms were wrapped around me oh-so-tight. My lips gently nuzzled against his neck. Gently, he placed me down on the catwalk, and when his thighs were against mine, I tried in vain to get thoughts of PLEBA and "inside Bono's pants" threads and pics out of my head!

As he sang "Gina, I can't live With Or Without You, my eyes darted away for a split second, only to see that larry and Adam had both removed their shirts. The Fleet Center AC was broken again, and I was one lucky woman. Not to mention Edge was standing over us, strumming that guitar. Sadly, the song came to an end, and Edge reached out his hand to me and helped me up. His green eyes were inches away from me, and I just lost control. I hugged him and gave him a kiss on the cheek, and he just smiled, head bowed, blushing. He took my hand gently in his and helped me back to the soundboard.

There I stayed for the show, and they played my exact setlist. As the last notes of '40' were played, I headed towards the exit. But suddenly I was whisked backstage. The guys were all there, looking exhausted but elated. "Well, we've all agreed,Larry said, "this was our best show ever, thanks to your help". "Well, it was my pleasure, I whispered, barely getting the words out in the presence of his exquisite beauty.

Suddenly, Edge asked, "Could you spare some time and come on the road with us? All this touring makes us a little jaded sometimes, and we could really use the advice of a devoted fan such as yourself".

A week later, I had sold most of my belongings, and was jetting around on Elevation Air. I was even given credit in the tour program, and Paul McGuinness was taking my calls! All of this happened just because I was a daydreaming klutz on one June day in Boston.
Old 08-31-2001, 11:12 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Oh, and now I see-sorry for all my typos Carrie-and as you know, it would have been the FIRST week in June! Please try to ignore my typos, etc!
Old 08-31-2001, 01:58 PM   #27
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

Local Time: 12:44 PM
Oh, WOW! These are all so great!!!

Hey Bonavoix, looks like I don't need to post your story, after all, cuz you've beat me to it!!

Gina, I loved that line about Edge thinking they need a seasoned fan on the road with them. Now THAT's a fantasy! Loved it!!!

Bluey, that was such a sweet (and so believable) story!

AM I got kind of confused in the middle and believed it had all actually happened to you. That WAS a fantasy, right?

That was excellent everyone! Woohhoo! (how do you judge a competition like this??)

*Mrs. Edge's to do list at work gets longer and longer...*

------------------
"So...you write smut." Mrs. Edge's father-in-law
Old 08-31-2001, 04:07 PM   #28
AM
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:

AM I got kind of confused in the middle and believed it had all actually happened to you. That WAS a fantasy, right?

yep, all fantasy unfortunately, but I wouldnt mind if this had really happened last weekend

------------------
Old 08-31-2001, 05:34 PM   #29
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Edge winked at me just like in the Elevation video
*flashback*
Old 08-31-2001, 05:35 PM   #30
Acrobat

damn.. it was the other eye