U2 By U2 Scans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thankyou said:
just got my copy yesterday. read for 6 hrs almost. I'm sick with a nasty cold, so my excuse is i'm on the couch resting and "readin'recovering.......".
Did anyone start in the back by any chance and check the Thanksyou's?
Bono would like to thank: My brother Norman for teaching me guitar. Edge, Adam and Larry..for not letting me play guitar. :D
and then....... my babies for showing me how to grow up, Ali for love friendship and patience.........:cute:

he also mentions some interesting people, such as Sean Penn (might anyone know why him? I happen to be a SP fan too.)

It's probably redundant to say how much i've enjoyed the book so far. I LOVE IT!

Its interesting to read about larry, that they even had another drummer sit in for him at practices during a period of time. how Larry was torn between staying with the band and fulfilling his promise with his family to get a job, until his mom died, and then he knew that "there was nowhere else i wanted to be". It was a good thing that he had Bono who understood what he was going through. I was actually surprised that Larry up until that time didn't know that Bono had lost his mother at age 14. (pg 70)

^^yeah about Larry having a sit in drummer and him being somewhat considered to be repalced if he didnt decide was new news to me...but a lot of the stories are very new to me..(((And I thought I knew a lot of these people lives)))
I had to re-read the Larry not knowing Bono's mom had passed too...

Awesome, Amazing book....I am so sfollowing their career as a babyband ...I feel Im a part of their raise to fame!!!:wink:

Would someone please please oh pretty please scan page 78? there's a picture of Adam with no shirt, just a pair of jeans. Back in the afro and glasses days :cute:

I love this picture! :heart:

I miss my scanner :scream:

My fav picture in the box so far...page 100 with Larry in his flip hair-do! I laugh everytime I pass that page! He went from Beatles mop top to Farrah Fawcett! Larry, wtf...!:lol:

U2isthebest said:
Yes!! I'm not alone!! I love that Bono pic you use for your profile pic, btw. :drool: :drool: . Oh....My...Word. God Bless!!

"What no man can own...No man can take.": Yahweh-U2

I know, I love Pop Bono :drool:

U2isthebest said:

I don't have the book yet:madspit: , but I'm ordering it this week:hyper:. However, I definitely do that when I'm reading other U2 books/interviews. I thought I was the only one. Thank God, I'm sane! Alright, as long as we're confessing, I sometimes read aloud in an Irish accent trying to get the feel:reject: :reject: :coocoo:. Feel free to laugh at my pathetic U2 "problem" LOL. God Bless!

Currently Listening: "The Saints Are Coming/U2 and Green Day

I wish I could do a Irish accent . We are all insane here , thats why we are here . :yes:

hey, could someone please clear this up for me - is this book that came out the final edition of this, or will there be a deluxe one?
Cause I either read that somewhere, or read that about something else entirely (maybe not even u2 related) and just made a big mess of it :blush:

But anyways, greeaaat scans... I can't get over that one of lady Larriette Mullen sitting in such a lady like fashion :D

legethien said:
hey, could someone please clear this up for me - is this book that came out the final edition of this, or will there be a deluxe one?
Cause I either read that somewhere, or read that about something else entirely (maybe not even u2 related) and just made a big mess of it :blush:

But anyways, greeaaat scans... I can't get over that one of lady Larriette Mullen sitting in such a lady like fashion :D

According to U2.com the deluxe edition was cancelled. I looked through the regualar edition on Saturday, I can't wait to order it!! It looks like enough to me! The poster would've been awesome though!! God Bless!!

Bono's Betty said:

I know, I love Pop Bono :drool:

POP Bono was SO :drool: :combust: :faint:. In the words of "Do You Feel Loved" I would've so "taken that shirt, gone on and taken it off him" :shifty:. Of course I was 9 then, so yeah. LOL Anyone, know how he got so skinny around that time?? God Bless!!

"What no man can own...No man can take."- Yahweh-U2

u2trinity said:
can someone please scan the inside cover pic ?
This is the best I can do...
inside.jpg
inside2.jpg

u2trinity said:
would someone please scan pg. 57 ?:cute:

p57.jpg

I'm kind of surprised people aren't mentioning the picture with Pope John Paul II. I thought the Vatican ordered those photos destroyed. :huh:
pope.jpg

Of course, all I've done is look at the pictures so far. Haven't really read anything yet. :shh:

Thanks for those scans Lemongrrrl. Actually didn't the Vatican finally release that photo and the others we've seen awhile back?
I love that pg. 57 pic. It's nice to finally see another one of those bigger than a thumbnail! :)

bonocomet said:
Thanks for those scans Lemongrrrl. Actually didn't the Vatican finally release that photo and the others we've seen awhile back?
I love that pg. 57 pic. It's nice to finally see another one of those bigger than a thumbnail! :)

You're welcome! :wave: The others that I've seen seem to have been fakes, or at least PhotoShopped, which is still fake...Idunno. Anyway, I had to splice the p.57 pic. When I first scanned it, Edge's pointy elbow got cut off, so I had to scan just his elbow and splice it in - that's why it looks kind of weird at his feet. :reject: I didn't want all the Edgers to get all :madwife: on me for cutting off his elbow! :wink:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

You're welcome! :wave: The others that I've seen seem to have been fakes, or at least PhotoShopped, which is still fake...Idunno. Anyway, I had to splice the p.57 pic. When I first scanned it, Edge's pointy elbow got cut off, so I had to scan just his elbow and splice it in - that's why it looks kind of weird at his feet. :reject: I didn't want all the Edgers to get all :madwife: on me for cutting off his elbow! :wink:

:lol: I wondered what was up with his legs! How sweet of you to go thru all that trouble for Edgy's elbow! :laugh:

and the Pope pic... That pic and a few others I've seen before, I'm pretty sure. But this one is bigger at least! Not sure about photoshopped pics... hmm.

edge.jpg

In case you can't guess, I couldn't wait until Christmas. I went to Barnes & Noble last week. I held the book in my hand. I scoffed at the 20% off - I didn't even open the book! I thought, wow, I've got a lot of restraint. (By the way, they have U2 Show there for $10. I may go back and get that come payday.) Anyway, I went home that night and ordered from Amazon and saved $5.

Back
Top Bottom