U2 By U2 Scans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoFox1 said:
we should start a book club around this book:hmm:

I'm there for it! I keep making myself *not* read it...very difficult, I must say! But like you said, I want to take every paragraph and savor it. It's so delicious! hee! :wink: And I keep cracking myself up, too, remembering the parts I have read! (Er, yeah, and I'm keeping notes too! :reject: )

I got my copy at Target Tuesday, the first one out of the box at the store by my office! It was $27. I also picked up the cd by Tony Bennett, Duets which has a duet with Bono. The cd was $10. I'm still waiting for my ZooTV dvd to come from Amazon. They better hurry up, I need to watch some dvd's over the weekend!

Bono Mot said:

I'm there for it! I keep making myself *not* read it...very difficult, I must say! But like you said, I want to take every paragraph and savor it. It's so delicious! hee! :wink: And I keep cracking myself up, too, remembering the parts I have read! (Er, yeah, and I'm keeping notes too! :reject: )

Okay, at least I'm not the only one, I was thinking of doing notes too :giggle:

Sicy said:
edgesian.jpg

Sicy said:

These are officially the Sweetest Edge Photos Ever. :cute: :love:

Seriously, is there anything more adorable than a man cuddling his newborn child?

Bono Mot said:

Well Mot if you and anyone else wants to we can open a disscussion around this book...mabey favorite quotes/stories ect...what forum should we do it in????

And thank you Comet and Sicy for the cscans..I need to set up my scanner ...Ill try to do that this Saturday:)

***Larry..Is this a Punk band??
***Are we a Punk band??
***I dont want to be in a Punk band!!!!! ............:lmao:

Bono:: Guilty your honor!!! ((on naming the band Feedback than The Hype)) :lol:

ect...............ect..............ect...................!!!!!

BonoFox1 said:

Well Mot if you and anyone else wants to we can open a disscussion around this book...mabey favorite quotes/stories ect...what forum should we do it in????

Good question! :hmm:

"Forget about a bad-hair day, I was having a bad-hair life." :giggle:

You and me both, Bono! :hug:

I just got my copy last night. I didn't realize how huge the book was. this is gonna take a while to read through! :hyper:

OMG!!! I just saw it in the store. I was standing in the check-out line, and I saw it in the New Releases. I literally had to stop myself from screaming and running out of line to go look at. Being the mature adult that I am (LOL), now that I'm 18, I went through the line THEN screamed (not that loud) and ran over to to it. It's so frickin' beautiful. I'm ordering if off Amazon ASAP, b/c I get a deal w/it and ZOO TV Sydney. I'm going insane!!!:banghead: : :combust: :coocoo: God Bless!!

"What no man can own...No man can take.": Yahweh-U2

I just got mine yesterday! I thought it wouldn't be here until next week, but my mom surprised me with it when I got home from school. :hyper: :heart:

Thanks Kelly!! :bow: Those audio clips were great! Can't wait to read the book that I bought tonite! :hyper: I tell ya the book weighs a ton! I was walking around the mall carrying it (in a bag) and my fingers went numb after a while...:(

I have a question to those who are reading it.

While you are reading it do you imagine or should I say hear their accents telling the stories, I caught myself doing it the other night. Please say I'm not the only crazy one! :coocoo:

Bono's Betty said:

While you are reading it do you imagine or should I say hear their accents telling the stories, I caught myself doing it the other night. Please say I'm not the only crazy one! :coocoo:

Nope you are not alone in that!!!
I love reading and do read a lot..I have a fantastic imagination and Yes I read it as if they were talking..accent, attitude and all:D:up:

BonoFox1 said:

Nope you are not alone in that!!!
I love reading and do read a lot..I have a fantastic imagination and Yes I read it as if they were talking..accent, attitude and all:D:up:

:yes: and I feel as if I am getting to know Adam and Larry .

Bono's Betty said:

You are not alone! :wink: I do that too.

Bono's Betty said:

I don't have the book yet:madspit: , but I'm ordering it this week:hyper:. However, I definitely do that when I'm reading other U2 books/interviews. I thought I was the only one. Thank God, I'm sane! Alright, as long as we're confessing, I sometimes read aloud in an Irish accent trying to get the feel:reject: :reject: :coocoo:. Feel free to laugh at my pathetic U2 "problem" LOL. God Bless!

Currently Listening: "The Saints Are Coming/U2 and Green Day

just got my copy yesterday. read for 6 hrs almost. I'm sick with a nasty cold, so my excuse is i'm on the couch resting and "readin'recovering.......".
Did anyone start in the back by any chance and check the Thanksyou's?
Bono would like to thank: My brother Norman for teaching me guitar. Edge, Adam and Larry..for not letting me play guitar. :D
and then....... my babies for showing me how to grow up, Ali for love friendship and patience.........:cute:

he also mentions some interesting people, such as Sean Penn (might anyone know why him? I happen to be a SP fan too.)

It's probably redundant to say how much i've enjoyed the book so far. I LOVE IT!

Its interesting to read about larry, that they even had another drummer sit in for him at practices during a period of time. how Larry was torn between staying with the band and fulfilling his promise with his family to get a job, until his mom died, and then he knew that "there was nowhere else i wanted to be". It was a good thing that he had Bono who understood what he was going through. I was actually surprised that Larry up until that time didn't know that Bono had lost his mother at age 14. (pg 70)

Last edited:
^^ yeah, i found the larry parts interesting. I mean, they had been friends for about 2 years by then. He must have known that bonos mother was dead. Maybe he meant that bono was talking to him about what he felt when his mother died and what he went through?

I finally opened the box last night and looked at all of the pictures--I've never seen some of them! :love:

As time permits, I'll read from the front. I'm impressed by the size of this book and the amount of material in it. Thanks for all of the scans, everyone.

U2isthebest said:

Alright, as long as we're confessing, I sometimes read aloud in an Irish accent trying to get the feel:reject: :reject: :coocoo:. Feel free to laugh at my pathetic U2 "problem" LOL. God Bless!

Currently Listening: "The Saints Are Coming/U2 and Green Day

I've done that too!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom