U2 Buddy icon and 'interesting' comments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
So lots of people want me to get AIM, and am going to so I went looking for a buddy icon. Well, somebody I know found me a cool U2 one! I don't know if you've seen it, your probably have. But that's only half the reason for my post- the other is the literally idiotic comments of some of the people! I was outraged and stunned and the ignorance. Now of course we all get told how we have to respect everyone's opinion but I swear some of these airheads seem like they have let the rent on their brains expire for so long they don't have a right to one. Oh I know we shouldn't let it bother us, but just for the heck of it, read those comments which range from mildly uninformed to complete stupidity. :crazy: Yes there are some people there who take up for U2! :up:

http://www.ballericons.com/index.php?pg=comments&icon=33056

NO, he isn't not that there's anything wrong with it, but he isn't. That's the 'mildly uninformed' one. The rest are just plain assholic or moronic. :rolleyes: I mean, of the bad ones. There are some compliments too:)

adamswildhoney said:
:scratch: Bono isnt into Scientology, is he???

psst not that I have a problem with him if he were!!

I don't think so. He's a pretty big believer in Christianity. Not that I'm slamming people who are. Just saying.

I think it's a shame some people feel it's best to slam others like that. I think some people forget that just because they're in the public eye does not give them the right to start speculating. I think perhaps they don't think about what it'd be like if the shoe was on the other foot, and they were the ones getting the insults. :(

Last edited:
adamswildhoney said:
Yes I was laughing when I read that the girl thought he was involved in Scientology bc I knew that she was WAY off with that one :lol:

No kidding. I was reading that one and I was like: ":eyebrow:...where'd you get that idea?"

I liked this reply:

"People who diss U2 need to realize that they are doing SOMETHING right, they have been around for all these years, and the bands they listen to will fade in a few. Just watch."

Very true.

That link was...interesting...to say the least.

BTW, speaking of buddy icons...I found one for my AIM, and I was chatting with someone, and they said they couldn't see it. Anyone have any idea as to why it won't show up?

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

BTW, speaking of buddy icons...I found one for my AIM, and I was chatting with someone, and they said they couldn't see it. Anyone have any idea as to why it won't show up?

Angela

Sometimes AIM doesn't show the icon when people immediately change it. I'm not sure why. Try one or all of the following:

a)changing it to another avatar and then changing it back.
b) restart AIM and see if it loads.
c) Also tell your friend to close their IM box and then reopen it to see if that works.

I've had that problem before with AIM. Hope my suggestions help. :)

Limp Bizkit and Simple Plan fans aren't going to like U2 so why did they even comment except to be rude? Most of them write like first graders. No wait, I could write better in the first grade. Considering they must be teenagers or older it is indeed a sad statement about education. Functional illiteracy runs wild. I'm glad to see some of the posters put them in their place.

Seabird said:
Most of them write like first graders. No wait, I could write better in the first grade. Considering they must be teenagers or older it is indeed a sad statement about education. Functional illiteracy runs wild. I'm glad to see some of the posters put them in their place.

ja. *nods*gotta love their way of spelling things.."sux" for example. kinda better than "wut" instead of what and r u instead of are you

haha, i like how all the people that we're ragging on U2 couldn't spell their way out of a paper bag and ignore all the rules of grammer and syntax :lol:

I know, I swear, what happened to learning basic grammar and spelling? I remember, at my high school, when my creative writing class got our class booklets at the end of the year, I'd be reading through all the poems and stories in there-lots of great poems and stories from the kids, but my god, some of the kids' spelling was just... One kid spelled the word "dying" like this: "dieing".

And of course there was the constant mix-ups with "your" and "you're" and "their", "there", and "they're" (that's my personal pet peeve when it comes to spelling).

:tsk:.

Bonofied U said:

Sometimes AIM doesn't show the icon when people immediately change it. I'm not sure why. Try one or all of the following:

c) Also tell your friend to close their IM box and then reopen it to see if that works.

I've had that problem before with AIM. Hope my suggestions help. :)

Okay, I'll try those suggestions.

Thanks. :).

Angela

The path our society is taking simply scares me.... My personal favorite from that link is "To the ppl who hate U2, that's fine by why do you have to bash them so much? Do they not swear enough? do they not strip like britney? what?"....at least there are some intelligent people out there! :)

Originally posted by Bonofied U

I've had that problem before with AIM. Hope my suggestions help.

Make sure that u and whoever ur talking to are on each others buddy list...

Back
Top Bottom