U2 bracelets- What do you think???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2SJ

Refugee
Just posted this in EYKIW forum, thought I'd post it here too...
Hi everyone!
I have been working on an idea for a long time now...and I finally found a wholesaler that can get me these bracelets at a good price- I have been working on my website, which is not complete, but as soon as it is, I will show you all. It should be up and running within 2 weeks.
Before I give you all the details, I just wanted to show you a couple of the styles I have been creating, and see what you all think. This has been in the works for almost a year now, so I am very excited about it! I bought my own "U2 bracelet" about 2 years ago in Italy, and ever since have been trying to find a way to share them with other U2 fans.
They are made in Florence, Italy, and they are stainless steel with 18 kt gold/enamel charms. They are excellent quality with lots of detail.
Please give me your feedback - I would really just like to know what you all think of this idea, and what you think of the bracelets...
Thanks! I have more styles, but here are a few samples...
I hope you like them as much as I do!

This is the basic U2 bracelet:
U2bracelet%201%20basic.jpg

This would be the "Interference" bracelet, notice the tiny Martini glass charm!
U2bracelet%20Style%204%20Interference.jpg

Good times!

------------------
It's the puppets that pull the strings.

*You're very kind. Most people laugh when they see my googly eye.*

+fabulous+

The Edge, it's a direct object.

Wow those are gorgeous. I'd definitely be interested.
icon14.gif

My honest thought is that it sucks!!

If the boys doesn?t get any money for as far as I am concerned you are just another greedy person trying to profit on their sucess and what they built up!

But maybe im wrong.....

------------------
"Master of sexual innuendo"

"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

do you want an honest answer??? I think they?re pretty, but too expensive for most of us around here
frown.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by AM:
do you want an honest answer??? I think they?re pretty, but too expensive for most of us around here
frown.gif

Oh, wow...I just checked the prices, and I agree.

Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love one, but I am a poor college student barely gettin' by. I'd never be able to splurge on somethin' like that. My only possibility is to wait until Christmas and ask my folks...so you bettter still be around by then! *lol*
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by Julyfly:
I'd love to get one! (...with elvis' approval, of course.)

Well, Elvis might object to the PLEBA and Interference ones, but the other U2 ones seem fine. That basic U2 one is great...nice and simple...I'd like that, if I had the money.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Well, LemonBoy, I figured some people might think this way. Honestly, I am just bringing these bracelets to people IF they are interested in them, at almost HALF the price of any store or any online vendor. I know that I would spend 50.00, but not 90.00 that the basic bracelet would cost anywhere else... I spent 75.00 on the Elevation sweatshirt and it is one of my most prized possessions. And I LOVE my U2 bracelet, even though it cost me more than I am charging for mine, because I bought it at full price. I have found this supplier in Italy that will offer them at this price, and thought I would do just that....offer them.
I hope I didn't offend anyone, becuase that is NOT what I intended to do.
I know that they seem expensive, but they are good quality, fine jewelry, not cheap stuff.
So, anyways, someone can basically go into any Hallmark store, or here in Calif go into any Kiosk, and purchase one with 4 links for about 76.00 plus tax. Since I know that others here have bracelets with their favorite bands' name on them, I thought I would try to work out a deal in Italy, where I could bring them to U2 fan's at a better price. Oh, and the PLEBA one and the Interference ones, maybe I should take off if Elvis does not approve...I know they are expensive, thats because they have SO many links.
Well, again, hope I didn't offend anyone, don't want Interference hating on me...
frown.gif

Originally posted by Lemonboy:
My honest thought is that it sucks!!

If the boys doesn?t get any money for as far as I am concerned you are just another greedy person trying to profit on their sucess and what they built up!

But maybe im wrong.....

Originally posted by U2SJ:
Well, LemonBoy, I figured some people might think this way. Honestly, I am just bringing these bracelets to people IF they are interested in them, at almost HALF the price of any store or any online vendor. I know that I would spend 50.00, but not 90.00 that the basic bracelet would cost anywhere else... I spent 75.00 on the Elevation sweatshirt and it is one of my most prized possessions. And I LOVE my U2 bracelet, even though it cost me more than I am charging for mine, because I bought it at full price. I have found this supplier in Italy that will offer them at this price, and thought I would do just that....offer them.
I hope I didn't offend anyone, becuase that is NOT what I intended to do.
I know that they seem expensive, but they are good quality, fine jewelry, not cheap stuff.
So, anyways, someone can basically go into any Hallmark store, or here in Calif go into any Kiosk, and purchase one with 4 links for about 76.00 plus tax. Since I know that others here have bracelets with their favorite bands' name on them, I thought I would try to work out a deal in Italy, where I could bring them to U2 fan's at a better price. Oh, and the PLEBA one and the Interference ones, maybe I should take off if Elvis does not approve...I know they are expensive, thats because they have SO many links.
Well, again, hope I didn't offend anyone, don't want Interference hating on me...
frown.gif

Well I wasn?t attacking you personally!
Im just sick and tired of people who try to rip the fans off and the band doesn?t even see one cent of the money!
And if your do it just to be kind and not make money out of it then it?s ok by me...so do you actually earn anything???

And I gotta give this to you,the bracelets look really great!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Master of sexual innuendo"

"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

Just a thought as I'm reading through here...

Is there a way to contact the shopping department of U2.com and request that they make bracelets? That way, they'd be officially endorsed by the band, and the band would make the money from the use of their name.

Just a curious question. I still think the one's U2SJ designed are nice.

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

Thanks for the thoughts and advice guys...
LemonBoy, I understand...thanks for not being mad at me!
and HeartLand girl, just wrote an e-mail to U2.com to see what they think. Great idea!
thanks again...

Back
Top Bottom