U2 blurbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallDownJulie

General purpose wench
i just bought 2 magazines today-

*splurge* lol

-and they both mention our boys!

in US (with hothothot ethan zohn on the cover
wink.gif
) there is a little thing about the American Music Awards. you guys already know this, but in an article it said:

"Justin Timberlake and his 'N Sync bandmates recieved jeers from some audience members when they beat U2 and the Dave Matthews Band to be named favorite band, duo or group. 'Quit booing,' Timberlake told the crowd. 'U2 's goning to get Grammy's.' "

Then in the February SPIN (KISS on the cover, headline: "the 50 greatest bands of all time"~ you KNOW they had to be in there
wink.gif
)...

#13~ U2
"Alternately the world's most sincere and insincere rock stars, Ireland's U2 went from flag-waving Christians to America-fixated artist to stardom-mocking, stadium-rocking provocateurs. During recent years, Bono, the Edge, Larry Mullen Jr., and Adam Clayton, just into their 40's, reminded youngsters what a rock band looks, acts, and sounds like, embracing the original passion that made millions want to follow.
INFLUENCED: Negativland, the 1980s
CLASSIC ALBUM: The Joshua Tree (Island, 1987)"

hee hee~ i found a type-o in it.

anyway, it is an EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT top 50 list. very good bands and very good judgement. i truely recommend picking one up!
biggrin.gif

*promotion*

i swear~ i don't work for SPIN. lol

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

I don't know what the heck you're doing sitting in front of a computer in NYC on a Friday night. But if this is what you have planned for tomorrow do me a favor, get off your ass and go to CBGB's to check out this band, Starr mentioned and is actually very good, called Waking. Thank you much, and have fun out there.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

my boss's mom brought me a newspaper from her winter vacation in florida that has like two lines in it regarding U2!!!

but i thought it was very sweet of her to think of me and my love for the greatest rock band in the world.

Oh oh! I too have a U2 magazine story...

Today my roomie was on the phone with her mom and her mom was reading the latest issue of "O" magazine...well, her mom said, "Hey, when I get done with this magazine, do you think Kim would want it?"

Or maybe my obsession is too evident...considering I'm the first person my roomie's mom thought of when she saw Bono...if only that was what I thought of when I see Bono...
wink.gif

------------------
BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

You can dream, so dream out loud!

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

i have another blurb story. and this one is maybe the shortest/most obscure blurb.

i was at OfficeMax buying a new chair for my computer table. and i saw Bono on the cover of Yahoo magazine. Yes, there is a Yahoo magazine. It was just a tiny headshot. so i opened to the "Best of" section and there was a teeny tiny picture of the band and like four words.

BUT IT WAS U2!!

LOL! Maybe it's just a sign that I talk about my roomie and my friends (
wink.gif
) to my family too much that Mom wanted to give Kim the magazine!

So a group of kids are at the bookstore last night. Hippy heads off to the magazines. I turn to the others and say "I bet you that in less than three minutes she's looking at the pic of Bono in O"

She turns around and says "I hear you talking about me. And I already looked at it back when we were in Virgin"

Curses, foiled again!

Man.... I had a Teen People w/ a tiny blurb about Bono in it, and it got thrown away......

It was Bono! And it even had a pic of hime (sure it was the size of a dime, but still...)
frown.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
A honey child to a swarm of bees...

Take me to that other place...

I refuse to be ashamed of that story because I know other people here who have done the same and worse than that!!!!

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by elizabeth:
i have another blurb story. and this one is maybe the shortest/most obscure blurb.

i was at OfficeMax buying a new chair for my computer table. and i saw Bono on the cover of Yahoo magazine. Yes, there is a Yahoo magazine. It was just a tiny headshot. so i opened to the "Best of" section and there was a teeny tiny picture of the band and like four words.

BUT IT WAS U2!!

indeed! i have that magazine! (thank god my dad subscribes to it!!
biggrin.gif
)

part 2:

in the SPIN magazine, right after the countdown of the 50 greatest bands, there is an interview with No Doubt and the first page of questions are all about U2!!! for example: "what kinds of things were in their jet? mostly food and alcohol. shrimp, lobsters, and bloody marys." LMAO!!!

you boys!

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

Back
Top Bottom