U2 at Sears!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ballykissangel

The Fly
Well, it's a boring Saturday afternoon, so....just got back from Sears and on the Muzac system, they were playing...."Kite"...
Now U2 is elevator music? ...or is that Elevation music...:sexywink:

It's always funny when you are out, and in the background you hear something and stop, and you can't figure out what is wrong, when you realize.. oh.. they're playing a U2 song :D

I've heard In a Little While and Mysterious Ways recently in department stores :heart:

Cool, thanks for telling us! I've noticed more U2 on Musak too, and even Led Zeppelin! It's cool that rock is so accepted now it's put on in businesses like that and recognized by the tune alone! Years ago, when I was growing up, there was never any rock on piped in music- it was still too controversial and I guess they thought it wouldn't be good for business. We've come a long way and now the rock fans are the main consumers!

As an afterthought, LMAO@ how Limp Bizkit and some of the other rock/rap stuff could ever be on muzak! With little or no tune to speak of how could you ever play an instrumental of it? :lol:

GypsyHeartgirl said:
As an afterthought, LMAO@ how Limp Bizkit and some of the other rock/rap stuff could ever be on muzak! With little or no tune to speak of how could you ever play an instrumental of it? :lol:

:lol: :lol: That WOULD be very amusing to hear, wouldn't it?

Cool that Kite was Musak...I've only ever heard songs from JT that way.

"Dancing Barefoot" was playing at Bath & Body Works once...I've also heard "Kite" at Home Depot.

[color=royal blue]Last time Fishy and I were in Nordstrom Pete Yorn's "Strange Condition" video came on, on like 20 TVs together. I FROZE.

I also heard Sweetest Thing one time in a store :)
[/color]

Bonochick said:
"Dancing Barefoot" was playing at Bath & Body Works once...I've also heard "Kite" at Home Depot.

Me too!! We walked into Home Depot last week just as the first notes to Kite started to play...we walked to middle of the store and stood under the speaker so we could hear it better. Then, an employee had the NERVE to start cutting a piece of wood for a customer and I couldn't hear the end :mad:

I was flying international on a 747 back in 1997 and listened to the music they had provided, and "If you wear tat velvet dress" played on there. It suprised me because I wondered why they didn't pick a more well known tune.

Me and Hippy were at a Best Buy once and Stay with.. the one guy.. the new thing came on. Had we movable ears, they would have perked up... we went on a mission to find where it was coming from and hoping it was a TV. Alas, no, it was a speaker.

i heard kite in the frozen foods section of the grocery store.

i am going out for a drink. i am sick of being alone in this frickin town....

I've never heard U2 muzak. I've hear Madonna muzak all the time, but never U2.

I usually don't recognize U2 right away when they come on in a public place. Like one time, I was at Houlihan's (restaurant) and I Will Follow came on. I WILL FOLLOW! I couldn't place it at first. How often do you hear that song anywhere but out of your home stereo?

one time ellen, lies, and i were in the car and the beginning of walk on was on...we got out to go in the store, and when we walked in we all froze and burst out laughing cause the beginning of walk on was playing in the store...needless to say we sang along very loud and offkey...good times good times

o yeah...and when i was at busch gardens in williamsburg, VA, there was a section that was supposed to be like ireland...and they played all this traditional celtic music and whatnot, but suddenly i will follow came on, and i stopped dead in my tracks and sand along (loudly) to the whole song...everyone thought i was nuts...maybe they were right...;)

ooh...i thought of another one...i was in gap body, and when the stars go blue came on...i sang along loudly to that one too, only i went in the dressing room so i'd stop getting the dirty looks...:D

I worked in a grocery store last summer, and I heard U2 songs fairly frequently: WOWY, Walk On, MW, EBTTRT, One, ISHFWILF were played the most often. I also was in blockbuster last week, and they were playing the When the Stars Go Blue video on the TVs.

Back
Top Bottom