U2 at Hanover Quay 2008 pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonoishot said:
Thanks for the pics Wayne. :hyper:

Gonna try my luck in Dublin today. Its only a half hour flight from here. Only booked last night. Only a quick 24 hour trip coming back tommorow afternoon. Try my luck meeting them at the premiere, then down to The Clarence for a cocktail. :drool:

Then Grafton Street in the morning, then im gonna try HQ maybe. :hyper:

Will keep you all updated as im taking my laptop. :hug:

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

My friend bailed on me and Wild couldn't come. :sad: Am sure there will be people at the cinema though. Yay for waiting for hours in the cold. :wink: I wish ihad a ticket though.

Nice one!! Good luck and have fun! :rockon:

Does anyone know when the premiere is starting tonight and when U2 are expected to appear? I know there was a thread here somewhere about tonight's events in Dublin but I cannot seem to find it. Thanks.

bonoishot said:

Gonna try my luck in Dublin today. Its only a half hour flight from here. Only booked last night. Only a quick 24 hour trip coming back tommorow afternoon. Try my luck meeting them at the premiere, then down to The Clarence for a cocktail. :drool:

My friend bailed on me and Wild couldn't come. :sad: Am sure there will be people at the cinema though. Yay for waiting for hours in the cold. :wink: I wish ihad a ticket though.

You crazy chick!!! Hope you get to meet them again!!!! :wink:

We met Bono and Edge as well and most of our photos are like these BUT from the bottom of my heart I would just like to thank those selfish twats that we are HQ and even though I took photos of them with BOTH Bono and Edge and they got dozens of items signed they would not fucking move so that everyone else could get a photo.
I had to talk to both Bono and Edge from over their heads, these so called fans pushed and shoved their way in front of us and made a small group meeting feel like being in the middle of a bloody scrum!!
THANKS A LOT!! :mad:

edit; I am talking about the certain "fans"that where there on Tuesday afternoon with the exception of the 2 Irish guys who tried to help us out thanks guys! we appreciate that you tried!

Last edited:
Hi Julie
SO pleased you managed to meet Bono and Edge again but
why do some "fans" always have to spoil things for the
more genuine fans like us. Pathetic.
Anyway what did you say to them?
love
Heather:)

What pissed off some of them was the fact that Bono recognised us and they didn't like that so we all got shoved around.
Pathetic!

Like you say Julie that is quite pathetic behaviour from
some so called "fans". I suppose Bono was a bit annoyed at
you being shoved around.
Glad he recognised you - what did he say?
love
Heather

bonoishot said:

Good luck Jem!!! :hug:

Bono's Tart said:
We met Bono and Edge as well and most of our photos are like these BUT from the bottom of my heart I would just like to thank those selfish twats that we are HQ and even though I took photos of them with BOTH Bono and Edge and they got dozens of items signed they would not fucking move so that everyone else could get a photo.
I had to talk to both Bono and Edge from over their heads, these so called fans pushed and shoved their way in front of us and made a small group meeting feel like being in the middle of a bloody scrum!!
THANKS A LOT!! :mad:

edit; I am talking about the certain "fans"that where there on Tuesday afternoon with the exception of the 2 Irish guys who tried to help us out thanks guys! we appreciate that you tried!

:hi5: Bravo!! Can't wait to see some pics! :hyper:

Those fans you described reminded me of the Brazilians who were there when I was :mad: :|

Nice one Wayne :bow:

Good Luck, will keep everything crossed for you Jem that you get to meet da Bomb :drool: Sorry I meant Bono :wink:

Anji goes to look up flights to Dublin :sexywink:

Thanks for the good luck vibes. Today has been tiring and cold. :wink::lol:

Didn't meet any of them. The side i was stood on that didnt get anything signed, had our barried moved back for the press. :mad: So between the press and the people behind us most of my pics are really blurry. 95% of those people who had got something signed had all turned up in the last hour and a half. Kind of disheartening when i'd waited 4 hours and got nothing. :( The whole thing was that crazy i didn't even spot morleigh and catherine owens going in. :huh:

Gonna try HQ tommorow though. Can't see my luck getting any worse. :lol:

BonosTart those fans sucked. :tsk: Still at least you got to meet them. :up:

This guy gave me sum U23D sunglasses on the way out which was cool and his ticket for a keepsake. :cute:

really going to bed now. :crack:

Last edited:
bonoishot said:
95% of those people who had got something signed had all turned up in the last hour and a half. Kind of disheartening when i'd waited 4 hours and got nothing. :(

I know the feeling, bonoishot. In Chicago in 2005, my best friend and I waited for 4 hours in the sun behind barricades and ended up being pushed out of the way by people who showed up 2 seconds before Bono got there or 2 seconds AFTER he got there. Those people got stuff signed and got to interact with him, while we just stood there in shock and disgust. It happens all to frequently. Just know that you're not alone! :hug:

waynetravis said:
Lets post all the upcoming pics of the guys at the studio here.

2py6r12.jpg

I found my small message I wrote in 2006! :hyper:

bonohero said:

I know the feeling, bonoishot. In Chicago in 2005, my best friend and I waited for 4 hours in the sun behind barricades and ended up being pushed out of the way by people who showed up 2 seconds before Bono got there or 2 seconds AFTER he got there. Those people got stuff signed and got to interact with him, while we just stood there in shock and disgust. It happens all to frequently. Just know that you're not alone! :hug:

:hug: Was that outside the arena or hotel?

Chicago was sooo hot. I got sunburnt waiting for the band to arrive. :lol:

Just to update everyone. I got to HQ about 12pm. There were some lovely spanish fans and and english guy waiting who informed me they hadn't arrived. More and more people arrived until there were about 8 of us at 1.30pm. We saw Daniel Lanois who seemed like a really nice guy and Sam. Sam informed one of the fans there, they're finishing the album up at the moment and he mentioned a world tour next year. :D :hyper:

I had to leave about 1.40 to get to the airport but i assume that the people i left have met them or a few of them by now. Happy for them, but so sad i had to leave. Was so close. :( :sigh:

Did get some souveniours fromt his guy who came out of the movie. Sweet of him. :cute:

Ticket guy exiting the premiere gave me. He also gave me his 3D glasses which i will post in a minute
P1000105.jpg

P1000106.jpg

Originally posted by bonoishot more pics of the ticket., which i didn't look at properly last night. Was half asleep. It could have got me into the aftershow party. :lol:

WHAT? :shocked: Oh Jem what bad luck you didn't notice last night :banghead: You could have been our chick in the know :wink:

Anji said:

WHAT? :shocked: Oh Jem what bad luck you didn't notice last night :banghead: You could have been our chick in the know :wink:

:lol: U2 didn't turn up anyway, to the party. :wink: 2 people at HQ told me as they had waited. There was i suppose a party for friends/family. Maybe the other 1 was a Jameson's party and they just wanted to be with family. :shrug:

more pics

P1000093.jpg

P1000098.jpg

P1000099.jpg

Thats all i have everyone. :hug:

Didn't get to meet the band but it was nice being in dublin and i met some really nice people. 2 Aussie girls adopted me on wednesday night and took me to the pub. :lol:

Am so tired. Need another cup of tea. :yawn::drool:

Last edited:
bonoishot said:

:lol: U2 didn't turn up anyway, to the party. :wink: 2 people at HQ told me as they had waited. There was i suppose a party for friends/family. Maybe the other 1 was a Jameson's party and they just wanted to be with family. :shrug:

On VIP it says they didn't go to the party too and just had pix of some Irish celebs.

http://vipireland.com/editorial/item.php?item=1928

Hey, what an awesome try!!! At least you got to seem them thats exciting too! And you got to see all of them!!! Thats a feat in its self.
(and Brian too :giggle:)

Thanks for posting all the info and pics from the Sundance gig, hey at least you were there and able to let us all know what it was like!!! :hyper: :drool: We are grateful for that :up:

I just love this picture.....Bono standing in from of one of the graffiti walls.

bonohanover.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom