U2 at church

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stephannv

War Child
at least 200 ft away from Bono at all times!
:lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:

Random story:

My friend's church plays u2!!!!
NO joke!!!
She said last week, they had the whole congregation bustin' out with STREETS!!!!
That is soooooooo coooool!
Can you imagine a church getting down with U2?!?!
BWAHAHAHAHH!!
Imagine the old folks siging with Bon-ohhhhh!
I've tried to get my church to accept U2, but they won't,
even after many informative debates........oh well :ohmy:

anywhoooo.....just thought I'd share :D

Wow! U2 in church! I can't imagine this happening in my church. It sounds like this church is seriously cool. I love my church but it's a bit on the conservative side.

In R&H the wee singers in the church (was it a church?? LMAO if it wasnt then this was pointless lol) were singing WITH u2 :drool:

I have not been to church....in about 4 years :eek:...mostly due to where we live is v.mixed and my mum fears us being shot or something....they riot near the church closest to our house after the other one that was 5 mins away was burnt down :huh: And i know=im pretty sure they never play U2

My sister used to belt out U2 songs in our church while she waited for me to get out of school. One time i even walk in on her singing ISHFWLF in the church and it sounded awesome. I have done that a few times when im waiting for a ride at the church its so much fun to do that. I havent quite gotten the nerve to ask the priest if i could sing during mass bc i dont know what the parshioners would think about it.

The church has high ceiling and its the perfect echo to sing in there its so awesome to hear anyone singing in the church but it is really cool to here a U2 song in there.

I went to six PM mass last nite at church and I think the priest was drunk but that isnt the point, anyways, they played ISHFWLF last nite, I was like "Yay! Good song!" Muhehe.

That's cool! Hey, if the Catholic Church takes up singing U2, maybe I'll go back to it. :angel:

maybe not.

madonna's child said:
That's cool! Hey, if the Catholic Church takes up singing U2, maybe I'll go back to it. :angel:

maybe not.

LMAO I know what you mean, Saturday was my first day back to Church in six years.

i heard u2 last night at my church actually...

Cool...actually...I am in Belfast right now on holiday and have been going to a city area church called Crescent church for the past few weeks....and two of the 5 sermons duing a series called unshakable are based around u2 songs..last night it was walk on..and in the intro they played a video that had the 9/11 tribute performance of walk on...and the whole theme was about walking on in your christian life....very cool...i think next sunday they are doing a similiar thing with "I still haven't found what I'm looking for"

Originally posted by Lara Mullen
I have not been to church....in about 4 years :eek:...mostly due to where we live is v.mixed and my mum fears us being shot or something....they riot near the church closest to our house after the other one that was 5 mins away was burnt down :huh: And i know=im pretty sure they never play U2

:( your reasons makes my reasons for not going to church seem very very lame and ridiculous. i haven't been to my Catholic church in awhile because I do not like the congregation. :|

:yes: WOW! that is sooo cool! i wish that would happen at my church. every now and then we have to sing a song based on psalm 40 but my sis and i always add "how long to sing this song"...quietly though b/c my mom wonders why we're singing those different lyrics and holding up pretend lighters. LOL.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

:( your reasons makes my reasons for not going to church seem very very lame and ridiculous. i haven't been to my Catholic church in awhile because I do not like the congregation. :|

No i never went to mass before that only at Christmas but then we moved house and my mum was really scared in that church- that was in the church that was burnt to a cinder! so we never went back she always wants to go to midnight mass @ Christmas tho but never does :ohmy:

I dont really believe in going to church- i dont think that it makes me any more of a better person- :huh: :eek: I was never brought as a child so i never really felt the need to go

Popsadie oh you are in my town :D!!!! Hey :D!!! That church is beside my dentists....i think......is it near the Lisburn Rd???

popsadie said:
yes I am..i'm sytaying i na flat on 33 sandhurst drive...right on stranmillis road...yes, that is the church:)

Ah i know it well!!! :)

Thats a v.nice part of town!!!

Its near my school too!!

:D

do you like it here?

miserable weather isnt it lol

Back
Top Bottom