U2 are my guardian angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallDownJulie

General purpose wench
ok, it's been decided that the boys are my guardian angels.... well, with the exception of Mr. MacPhisto. he can be my "Ambassador of Safety"
smile.gif

i have been listening to U2 and only U2 non-stop for the past month or so since i got my first cd of theirs(i'm a rookie fan). this past weekend i decided i should take a break and listen to other cds and the radio for a bit- not saying i wanted a break! don't hurt me! *pathetically shields self* i simply decided that it would probably be heathy to take a small break from the boys.

Well, was i ever wrong!

i was on my way to a friend's house when i thought, 'ok, time for a break.' and took my cd out of the cd player and settled on a radio station. halfway to her house i got into my first car accident! since the crash, every time i drive somewhere i have them playing. even when i am in someone else's car, they show up over the radio to keep an eye on me. i honestly haven't had a car ride since without U2 playing!
smile.gif

well... i was hoping my story would turn out more dramatic or glamorous or magical, but you get the point.

please share your stories. any story will do.
smile.gif

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"I'm just trying to find a decent melody
A song that I can sing in my own company"

that is a sweet story. i hope you were okay.

------------------
?Hard as it is to keep it together, it is still possible to have those moments when it?s just the four of you being able to keep the rest of the world out... and that?s what it?s all about.?
-Adam

Love,
Emily

She wore lemon, but never in the daylight...

Thats a really cool story!

Bono must be your soulmate - he's a terrible driver! I met someone in GA who nearly got run over by him in Dublin!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

yea, i'm fine, but the cars did get a little hurt. thanks for your concern, tho!
smile.gif

(((hugs to all)))

Bluey!!! you HAVE to share your story!!! trust me, i won't think you're a freak.

*story time with bluey*

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:

Bluey!!! you HAVE to share your story!!! trust me, i won't think you're a freak.
*story time with bluey*
Okay, But I am not a freak lol.
I already emailed some of this to Mrs Edge, so nevermind Jess...
I don't know if it's U2 or who but someone out there is watching...
And i am not crazy, or saying what this means. I am a scientist and know that this is just a series of coincediences which happen to be amusing, so enjoy...
-My radio in my car turns up and down by itself. All the time. For instance, if I am driving and the radio is quiet and I say "hey good song" it will turn up, if It's loud and I go "BLAH" at a song or say " I have a headache"..it will turn down without me touching it.
-My computer will just turn on and off by itself...last week I walked in and my completely shut down computer was on and at the end of something I just wrote. No one else was home, I said as a joke out loud "Okay, just turn that off when you're done" i came back five minutes later...it was off.
- I found everything for my costume for halloween in weird ways..I'm going as an angel for one night (i celebrate as much as I can) and I said aloud..."you know, I would love to have that old dress I used to have back, except in a really nice cream color". I went to a random thrift store ten minutes later on a whim and found my old dress but in cream. Not even going to start about the jacket.
-The other stuff is just too weird for me to type here...and means nothing, so what's the point, right?
-Bluey, the rational (really! I am!)

whoa. bluey that is pretty freaky.

!!! i mean the things that happened! not you! lol

but i completely believe you. i've had those kinds of things happen to me, but not that often.

crazy wild.

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

Clumsey Julie,
I'm not sure if you would call them guardian angels, but whenever I am lost or everthings going wrong, U2 always seems to come on the radio, and I can't help but smile. It makes everything seem a little less overwhelming for a few minutes, and that alwasy seems to be just enough to break the bad luck. One time I was lost in New Jersey, and I mean really lost, my co-pilot had not been payng attention and we had missed our exit by like 20 miles, we were trying to decide if we should turn around or just exit and ask for directions from this new location, and U2 came on and I was like "Bono is telling me it's this exit" my friend who is not a U2 fan, and thinks I need counseling over my U2 obsession, was like "Oh Lord." But guess what? The guy at the gas station said our original directions were wrong and they had put a new road in and it would take us right to the theme park, and that was the road at that exit! I was like "See, my boys saved the day!" Haha, I am laughing at myself for that one!

Fishy <><

------------------
Fishy
The Bedazzled Merch-Maid and Fashion Chair of Orgasmatron
and
The Original Hot Potato of LAYS

You put on the leather pants and the pants start telling you what to do. -Bono

That is freaky blueeyes! Weird stuff happens to me too...okay ghost (or whatever) story time:

When I was 13 I went to a 5-week long dance camp thing in Santa Fe, New Mexico (first of all, a really weird-feeling, spiritual, UFO-sighting kind of place in the middle of the desert). We had to stay in these dorms on a college campus.

Getting to the point...a million weird things happened.
1) My friend was in the bathroom all alone, turned around and looked in the mirror, and saw the back of my head in the mirror ( I was on another floor at the time).

2) I would knock on the wall to mess with our neighbors, and I would hear them knocking back, but in the morning they had no idea what I was talking about.

3) Me and my roommate would hear coins dropping above the ceiling at night, when no one was staying in the room directly above us, because we checked.

4) My mom came to visit, and the next morning she asked us if we had come into her room in the middle of the night and went through her stuff because she thought she heard someone....and obviously we hadn't. FREAKY!!!

5) The girls staying in the room next to us woke up morning after morning with their chairs on top of their desks, and their stuff moved around. (I am so not joking around).

Alright, anyway...back to the subject...
I think its weird how U2 music follows their fans around. Is it just me? When I'm in a store, U2 starts playing really often. And when I'm in my car U2 starts playing almost every time! (That is- when I'm not listening to a U2 cd!!)
smile.gif

Damn!!
redface.gif
This is the longest thing I've ever posted!

------------------
*Men should not be forced to wear pants if its not cold* ~Adam

*Larry's always been noticed cause he's the pretty one*

"Do you have a final message for the crowd today, something they can take home with them...as if this wasn't enough?"
Larry: "Something they can take home with them?...I'm not taking off my clothes."--MuchMusic tv show, May 2001

Fishy! i love your story!!! that is so great! i swear they MUST be angels. they watch over their fans.

*sigh*
smile.gif

even if you don't believe it at all, it's still a really comforting and pleasant thought!

...now i must go and learn how to spell.

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

YOU HAVE A U2 VOODOO CURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~ the Shamrock n' rolla
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Joe Houdini!" ~Charlie Brown~

"What you don't have you don't need it now. What you don't know you can feel it somehow." -U2-

Originally posted by Bonoforever:
Bono must be your soulmate - he's a terrible driver! I met someone in GA who nearly got run over by him in Dublin!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

!!!!!!!!

how did i miss this last time??

smile.gif
smile.gif
"Crash... into me. yea, baby..."
~ non-U2 band, DMB

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

Hooleeah sign on your IM thing!

------------------

"What you don't have you don't need it now. What you don't know you can feel it somehow." -U2-

!

i have a new story! just a few minutes ago like, "i need music". hmmm.... Zooropa or Natalie Imbruglia? i listened to Zooropa last night. how about Natalie?

*puts cd in*

*computer dies*

wha-?!?!

*takes cd out, puts in Zooropa*

*computer is all better, beautiful music plays*

hmmmmmm.... perhaps Mona is right. that there wasn't no pertection... seemed more like a threat~ listen to U2... or else!

eh, i like the guardian angel idea much better. maybe they're just forceful angels. angels who love attention...
biggrin.gif

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship to the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of the light"

you have a hex!

------------------

"Summers when the money was gone you'd sing
all your little songs
that meant every thing to me"~Remy Zero~

Back
Top Bottom