U2 & I Gallery Opening Today in NYC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbird

War Child
Is anyone going to the gallery this afternoon to see the boys? The opening reception is at 5:00 or something, I imagine they'll show up?

Details were in the post on Friday. Not sure I'm up for hanging out in the rain when I'm sure that if Larry was there he'd just breeze by and not even stop for the fans....

I wish I could go but I kinda doubt the boys will show up :shrug: Anton will probably be there though. I guess you never know!

I'll probably stop by the gallery next Friday though, when I'm in NYC!

I would tend to think that if the band is showing up for the gallery opening it'll be a closed event...there really hasn't been much definitive info on this, as far as I can tell. Usually they post if a gallery open is private, I think, and I haven't seen anything saying that it is. Kind of strange.

ETA: It's the Stellan Holm Gallery at 524 W. 24th St

Anton also signed his books in Munich, but the band did not come. - But they arrived in the city only hours before the concert, so that's a different story....
And only Adam showed up at the gallery in Berlin... (as far as I know)

Sorry I can´t go.
BUT I bought the book! :rockon:

I will invite Anton next summer to come over to my house for tea and biscuits, then he can sign my copy of the book :lol:

Bono and Ali did show up. I understand that the gallery was closed to tthe public while he was there, but on his way out he stopped and kissed a couple girls through a glass window! :cute:

I heard that Ali did witness this and was highly amused :lmao:

i was at the gallery opening tonight. we were kinda given wrong information- the gallery had said that it would be open to the public, but then we got there and they informed us that it would be closed from 5-6 pm. bono and edge both showed up, signed some autographs and shook hands with fans. ali is gorgeous! michael stipe was there, as was orlando bloom (with kate bosworth), and dave gahan (from depeche mode). they let the public in around 7, and anton was still inside, chatting with everyone. very cool experience- my first NYC gallery opening! :up: :)

also, the guy working the door was hilarious. he had HUGE lindsay lohan-esque sunglasses, and was carrying around a purse with a little dog inside... such a character! ;)

Some Photos ....
Anton signing my book

IMG_0057.jpg

Last edited:
There is a few of Edge standing by a picture of himself on Wire Image. Can someone post those? :D I don't have an active account with them right now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom