U2 3D next year....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonohero said:
I live in South Carolina, and there is no showing anywhere near me. I am so bummed about this. It would be quite the birthday present if the hubby could manage to get me to a showing, but I just don't know...:sad: (My birthday is January 28th.)
Come on over to my neck of the woods--Depending where you live in SC, Chattanooga or Knoxville, TN is not that far. I still can't believe they are showing it here. :eyebrow:

Yeah it's kinda weird !
I live in a village in NY State and instead of showing U23D in NYC theaters, the projections will be in another town called White plains... ><'

:grumpy: at least they're showing it SOMEWHERE in your country.... I am still clueless wether it'll EVER play here... and the damn people of the only IMAX here haven't replied to my mail....

circa1992 said:

I called the IMAX theater near Lincoln Center, and the woman I spoke with wasn't sure they'd be getting it. Maybe if more people call and request it...

Lincoln Center IMAX is now on the updated list!! Giddy up!

I looked on the National Geographic webpage & they have added alot of other theatres--not just IMAX but also those with Digital capability.

bonohero said:
I live in South Carolina, and there is no showing anywhere near me. I am so bummed about this. It would be quite the birthday present if the hubby could manage to get me to a showing, but I just don't know...:sad: (My birthday is January 28th.)

UPDATE: There have been theaters added in SC! Yay! I can't see the movie until February 15th, but I am not going to complain over that because at least I only have to drive an hour to see it now! :happy:

just an fyi.. over 95% the theaters that have feb 15th.. are not IMAX theaters they are the digital 3D theaters.. (standard theater with digitial 3D capabilities). If you are looking to see it in a IMAX theater you might want to double check..

Last edited:
chemgirl said:

Any one know why its just on wednesdays and thursdays?
They are going to start recognizing me when I call--but I checked & since the Movie times change (usually on Friday) They don't have Friday's schedule yet. :eyebrow:

chemgirl said:

Any one know why its just on wednesdays and thursdays?

I'm so totally bummed!

Work is sending me to Durham, NC for Jan 21-23, AND Jan 27-Feb 1st. If U2 3D keep up this only showing on Wed-Thursday thing I'll not get to see it until the end of feberuary, and the IMAX theatre is only 15 minutes from my apartment! ARRRRUUUGGGGHHHHH.

Wait... is the digital 3D different from... the other 3D? And if it's shown in 2D, does it look weird?

I'm looking at the Charlotte, NC, Imax and they show films that are filmed in 3D but are they shown in 3D? I'm so confused...

And their site doesn't mention U2...

Wahhhhh!

Rini said:
Wait... is the digital 3D different from... the other 3D? And if it's shown in 2D, does it look weird?

I'm looking at the Charlotte, NC, Imax and they show films that are filmed in 3D but are they shown in 3D? I'm so confused...

And their site doesn't mention U2...

Wahhhhh!

ok, the IMAX version is different in the equipment, ie the screen, sound system and overall size. Whereas the digitial 3D version which is playing in digital 3D theaters (regular theaters with 3D capability) is a lot smaller version of the movie in the size of the screen and sound system.. I think the experience between the two is pretty different. I don't think the 3D technlogy changes just a condensed version. NO, they are not showing it in 2D.
Are you going to the www.u23dmovie.com site to check theaters in your area?

U2Fanatic4ever said:

ok, the IMAX version is different in the equipment, ie the screen, sound system and overall size. Whereas the digitial 3D version which is playing in digital 3D theaters (regular theaters with 3D capability) is a lot smaller version of the movie in the size of the screen and sound system.. I think the experience between the two is pretty different. I don't think the 3D technlogy changes just a condensed version. NO, they are not showing it in 2D.

I did, and it looked like regular theaters, which is what confused me. I could be wrong; so I'm driving there next week and will ask at the windows.

So there's 3D and 3DOMG? It seems some of the IMAX don't do 3D. I am so slow figuring this out, and I'm hopping foot to foot to see this movie.

Thanks for responding!

yeah, a lot of the imax theaters are not showing it.. For reasons i don't know of. Maybe it has something to do with the 3D technology or just scheduling issues.. The reason for the limited release is to put it out in IMAX theaters first and then in mid february to a wider release in regular digital 3D capable movie theaters.. I don't know if by the time it hits wider release whether it will still be playing in IMAX theaters, my guess is that it won't by this time.. Usually movies that hit IMAX theaters have a short running time, say 2 weeks or less.

There is a radio station big1059.com here and I won a contest to see it today, in a few hours. I will keep you guys posted and let you know how it goes!

Saw it last night.. I don't even want to give anything away... but whatever you read in the reviews, it's exactly as described.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Thanks, U2Fanatic4ever! I appreciate the help.

The closest IMAX doing it right is a four hour drive away... so DH is taking the day off and driving us to see it January 31! I got the tickets today. Yayyyyyy!!! <hopping foot to foot> I've never been to a U2 concert so this is going to be such a treat.

Ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom