U2 3D next year....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For anyone in the Minnesota area, tickets for the show have been on sale for about a week or so now at the Imax close the Minneapolis, Minnesota. (Apple Valley IMAX Theatre at the Minnesota Zoo to be exact) But yet to hear any promotion around here either.
If it hadn't been for this thread, I wouldn't have been as aware about the release of the film, except for U2.com. That is sort of weird, since everything else playing at the Imax there right now was advertised as usual (I Am Legend, Beowulf and Sea Monsters). :shrug:

Question? Does anyone know if the show will only play one week? I can't see more than one week posted at the time and I'm working almost all of it. :(

Anyone from Pleba heading to the MN show?

thankyou said:
For anyone in the Minnesota area, tickets for the show have been on sale for about a week or so now at the Imax close the Minneapolis, Minnesota. (Apple Valley IMAX Theatre at the Minnesota Zoo to be exact) But yet to hear any promotion around here either.
If it hadn't been for this thread, I wouldn't have been as aware about the release of the film, except for U2.com. That is sort of weird, since everything else playing at the Imax there right now was advertised as usual (I Am Legend, Beowulf and Sea Monsters). :shrug:

I noticed that too ( I live in Mpls). The way I see it, the less it's advertised the better chance I have of buying my tickets for the show(s) I want to go to! :D Also, regarding your other post, I noticed on that website it only is listed for the one week but they do only show 3 weeks at a time. I can't imagine this would only be played for 1 week and that's it. I'd check back after the previous week is off the website to see what the following week looks like.

They haven't been promoting anything for Cleveland but just found out tonight that they are going to show it at Valley View Cinemark's 3D theater - (Independence, OH). They had a big banner today when we went to the movies. Talked to an employee and they confirmed - they just weren't sure when it's coming. Maybe Feb?

We have a brand new IMAX just about 2 miles from me. I asked about tix over the weekend & the lady told me she's doesn't think it will be showing here. Needless to say my daughter had to calm me down just a little bit after that news. My next option is 110 miles away. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bono's Doll said:
We have a brand new IMAX just about 2 miles from me. I asked about tix over the weekend & the lady told me she's doesn't think it will be showing here. Needless to say my daughter had to calm me down just a little bit after that news. My next option is 110 miles away. :mad: :mad: :mad:
I've calmed down a bit--I called the manager & he says the show will open Jan 23. :love: :happy:

Theaters showing the film next week are now up on the U23dmovie.com website... I am bummed that there will not be an NYC showing...but am half tempted to go to Nyack since a certain blonde drummer has a house up there.

tbird said:
Theaters showing the film next week are now up on the U23dmovie.com website... I am bummed that there will not be an NYC showing...but am half tempted to go to Nyack since a certain blonde drummer has a house up there.

I called the IMAX theater near Lincoln Center, and the woman I spoke with wasn't sure they'd be getting it. Maybe if more people call and request it...

arw9797 said:

I noticed that too ( I live in Mpls). The way I see it, the less it's advertised the better chance I have of buying my tickets for the show(s) I want to go to! :D Also, regarding your other post, I noticed on that website it only is listed for the one week but they do only show 3 weeks at a time. I can't imagine this would only be played for 1 week and that's it. I'd check back after the previous week is off the website to see what the following week looks like.

:up:

tbird said:

:evil:

do it, do it ...gooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!girly!!

:drool:

It's showing in my area (Ft. Lauderdale) on the 23rd :dancing: :applaud: :dancing: :applaud: although I can't get to the theater that day :( They're not showing anything past the 23rd...Hopefully, there'll be more times posted for the weekend tomorrow or Wednesday.

Manchester is the nearest according to that site.
But I might take a trip down to London town and see it at BFI Imax :)

I live in South Carolina, and there is no showing anywhere near me. I am so bummed about this. It would be quite the birthday present if the hubby could manage to get me to a showing, but I just don't know...:sad: (My birthday is January 28th.)

:wave:OK LA FOLKS!! The Bridge is going to post the all the info about U2-3D on their website tonight after 5pm...
**Tickets will go on sale TONIGHT!!!!**
I am waiting to the woman who will tell me about group sale tickets to calll me back.

http://www.thebridgecinema.com/guide/guide.asp?l=7801

P.S.
Lets make arrangments in the Discotheque thread so we can all meet up and plan this movie viewing party out:yippie:

Last edited:
thankyou said:
Question? Does anyone know if the show will only play one week? I can't see more than one week posted at the time and I'm working almost all of it. :(

Anyone from Pleba heading to the MN show?

it's listed for 2 weeks at our theater now

BonoFox1 said:
:wave:OK LA FOLKS!! The Bridge is going to post the all the info about U2-3D on their website tonight after 5pm...
**Tickets will go on sale TONIGHT!!!!**
I am waiting to the woman who will tell me about group sale tickets to calll me back.

http://www.thebridgecinema.com/guide/guide.asp?l=7801

P.S.
Lets make arrangments in the Discotheque thread so we can all meet up and plan this movie viewing party out:yippie:

It's gonna be at the bridge, the manager called me back and said that group tickets are not available for concert movies:madspit:
None the less she told me that they were loading the tickets and would finish within an hour and that was a 1/2 hour , she said check the website after 5:30 pm Pacific

looking at the seating chart Lila posted :

imax-auditorium.gif

What do you guys think of the seats from rows D through F seats 11 through 23? that way we will be in the same seat cluster and talk to each other :)

BTW The thread for the LA fans was moved to Gatherings ;)

BonoFox1 said:
looking at the seating chart Lila posted :

imax-auditorium.gif

What do you guys think of the seats from rows D through F seats 11 through 23? that way we will be in the same seat cluster and talk to each other :)

BTW The thread for the LA fans was moved to Gatherings ;)

BF1, that's like our map and the seats in the center from row F and up are going at our Imax. (Already on sale)
I may have to go for center row E for Zooey and I...I want to be able to see Bono's chest hair close up!! HAHA!!

Any other Phoenix Plebans going??? There are only about 10 seats bought so far.

Back
Top Bottom