U2 3D next year....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, I've got a huge view...

u2veu3023r1881099cccz5.jpg

Looks like is gonna be a hot movie! :drool:

For anyone in northwest england I enquired to the Odeon who have the only IMAX theatre in the Northwest which cinema/s would be showing U23D. The reply said Manchester Odeon IMAX is the only cinema in the northwest showing it. They have a date for their cinema of 16th february, though its not a confirmed date yet. They hope to have more info in the new year.

:waiting:

Looks like I will be taking the 2 hour train ride every weekend while this is showing to go see it. :drool::lol:

I wish my local cinema would show it, they have 3D screen now. :grumpy:

U2FloridaFan said:
I was at my local theatre 2 days ago and they have a poster advertising it and I know it's supposed to have its US premiere at Sundance on January 25 (I think this'll be the full version, unlike the Cannes abbreviated version), so I guess it'll be in locally equipped 3D theatres after that. Can't wait!!

I used to live in Utah, oh man, wishing i could fly out there and see it at the festival. that means also that very likely the band will be in park city during that time, or at least a possibility, right?

so for you plebans who have the possibility of stomping the streets of park city, get yourselves over there!!! wish i could !! :(

U2Fanatic4ever said:
I found where it is playing in my area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yippie:

tix go on sale 1/9/08!!!

:hyper:

is there a special website you looked up? or did you just check out each local IMAX theatre in your area?

kafrun said:
Well I found only one theatre in California with any kind of confirmation that they will be playing U23D - http://www.imax.com/sacramento/

Tickets aren't on sale yet, but it does say 'coming soon' and it will be released Jan. 23rd at that particular location. As for the other CA theatres, all I can see listed is Hanna Montana :waiting: Oh, and find any information on what theatres will be playing it is ridiculously impossible right now :mad:

sweet...I live about 20 minutes from that IMAX. Can't wait.

bonoishot said:
For anyone in northwest england I enquired to the Odeon who have the only IMAX theatre in the Northwest which cinema/s would be showing U23D. The reply said Manchester Odeon IMAX is the only cinema in the northwest showing it. They have a date for their cinema of 16th february, though its not a confirmed date yet. They hope to have more info in the new year.

:waiting:

Looks like I will be taking the 2 hour train ride every weekend while this is showing to go see it. :drool::lol:

I wish my local cinema would show it, they have 3D screen now. :grumpy:

Manchester :grumpy:
Looks like I'll be taking to same 2 hour train ride too.

waynetravis said:

Manchester :grumpy:
Looks like I'll be taking to same 2 hour train ride too.

Is not there an IMAX in the Leeds area? Its probably worth asking? :yes: I only asked about northwest, didn't ask about yorkshire.

I know 2 hours on UK trains. :grumpy:

Is working on getting boyfriend to take me so we can go in his car. :shifty:

:lol:

ETA: Bradford has an Imax theatre.

IMAX
National Media Museum
Bradford
Tel. 0870 7010200 (8.30am - 8.30pm)

If thats nearer it might be worth finding out if they will have it.

Are Bono prompters visible in this concert film?

Is that a TV beside Larry so he can watch himself or is it for when B&E are on the walkways?

Is his drum seat heated or are the wires for his ear monitors?

thankyou said:

is there a special website you looked up? or did you just check out each local IMAX theatre in your area?

i just googled "imax theaters in maryland" and got the main site that listed about 3 different sites then I went to the individual sites and looked at the coming soon listings.. Two of the 3 places had the movie listed.

bonoishot said:

Is not there an IMAX in the Leeds area? Its probably worth asking? :yes: I only asked about northwest, didn't ask about yorkshire.

I know 2 hours on UK trains. :grumpy:

Is working on getting boyfriend to take me so we can go in his car. :shifty:

:lol:

ETA: Bradford has an Imax theatre.

IMAX
National Media Museum
Bradford
Tel. 0870 7010200 (8.30am - 8.30pm)

If thats nearer it might be worth finding out if they will have it.

Thanks Jem!!

A new theatre opened in Hull this week. And they're showing I Am Legend in 3D.
So I really hope they will show U2.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

i just googled "imax theaters in maryland" and got the main site that listed about 3 different sites then I went to the individual sites and looked at the coming soon listings.. Two of the 3 places had the movie listed.

thankyou for the info! i'll keep my fingers crossed that the movie pops up somewhere!

U2FanPeter said:
Are Bono prompters visible in this concert film?

Is that a TV beside Larry so he can watch himself or is it for when B&E are on the walkways?

Is his drum seat heated or are the wires for his ear monitors?

Could let my imagination run riot here...........:wink:

Tv is for Larry to watch his fav programme while Bono is doing his long speeches - note also looks like he has an ashtray and pint of cloudy cider on the table to his right. He does often have his cigs in his shirt pocket.......

Maybe he has a vibrating chair - so has a quick massage while Bono is lecturing.......

Must stop now :drool: :drool:

Yet more questions to ask him if I ever meet him face to face :drool:

Pamelakellett said:
note also looks like he has an ashtray and pint of cloudy cider on the table to his right. He does often have his cigs in his shirt pocket.......

While that does look like an adult beverage and I think Larry still smokes, but that cilinder looking thing is most likely a roll of duct tape. For all your quick fix drum needs(seriously!!)

Maybe Larry watches old episodes of Red Green during Bono's speeches, the acoustic set and encore breaks.

u2fp

My local (if you can call 2 hrs. away local) IMAX just posted U23D on their website!!!

I've never been to one of their real concerts, so I'm soooooo excited to go see this! Though, considering how excited I get when I just watch their concert dvds, I could potentially embarrass myself/friends quite immensely. :coocoo: :lmao:

kafrun said:
Well I found only one theatre in California with any kind of confirmation that they will be playing U23D - http://www.imax.com/sacramento/

Tickets aren't on sale yet, but it does say 'coming soon' and it will be released Jan. 23rd at that particular location. As for the other CA theatres, all I can see listed is Hanna Montana :waiting: Oh, and find any information on what theatres will be playing it is ridiculously impossible right now :mad:

Kaf, Im going to call the IMAX at Universal City Walk, other than that there aare quite a few IMAX theaters around the LA/Hollywood area. I'll post more info soon ;)

U2jesusgirl- Thank you for scanning that!!! I am bursting with anticipation even more.... I can't wait to see this again and again when it releases here on Long Island in New York.

Get ready for the road trip LI'ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

hey! Just wanna ask- which imax will play the movie in London? -BFI London IMAX Cinema or Science Museum IMAX Cinema? Does anybody know?

Does anyone want to meet up and see it in Manhattan? We should get as many tri-state fans as possible in one theater!

The only IMAX screen (in the metroploitan area) that says "coming soon: U2 3D" is at the Palisades Mall in West Nyack.

circa1992 said:
Does anyone want to meet up and see it in Manhattan? We should get as many tri-state fans as possible in one theater!

that would be awesome

When anyone of you knows something more about London premiere, please just let us know as quick as possible:)

Girafe said:
When anyone of you knows something more about London premiere, please just let us know as quick as possible:)

Yes please! I'm also waiting for an announcement for the London premiere. Going there soon so I would like to know where to go :)

Back
Top Bottom