Tunes that stick..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youvedonewhat

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Have you ever been in one of those moods where one line of a U2 song just keeps going round and round in your head all day?

Today all I keep singing is: But I still haven't found what I'm looking for. I dunno why...

I had the line, "She's the refugee I see your face I see you staring back at me War, war", stuck in my head all yesterday. What I think is weird is when you hear one of U2s songs in your head, and you turn on the radio that exact song is playing. Everyone I know says I have U2 radar.
It is kind of stupid, but I can't hear the song, One Last Breath by Creed without laughing. Hold me now I'm six feet from the edge, I don't know why but I always laugh when I hear that part of the song. I know, I have a weird sense of humor. :coocoo:

I've had "This is the moment that we share" from Always stuck in my head all day. And I don't know why. I haven't listened to that song in ages.

"Stuck in a moment, and you can't get out of it." At Notre Dame in 2001, you could clearly hear Edge and Bono (especially Edge) pronouncing "can't" as "cain't" the first couple of times. It was so sweet! :love:

the one i normally get stuck in my head it where the streets have no name, which is probably cuz i'm learning how to play it on guitar so i listen to it like a million times trying to get it right.

edge's girl said:
the one i normally get stuck in my head it where the streets have no name, which is probably cuz i'm learning how to play it on guitar so i listen to it like a million times trying to get it right.

I do that too but for me it was All I want is you
The chorus just kept repeating over and over in my head

I always have a line going through my head. I like it, and it doesn't bother me. Well, there was this one time I was writing a physics exam, and the ENTIRE time I had, "Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose, the doors you open I just can't close" going over and over...not too good for concentration...

there was a time when i kept repeating the line "hey throw a rock in the air youre bound to hit someone guilty" over and over in my head just walking around going about my business... great im doing it now

I've had "Mercy" stuck in my head yesterday and today. I was in math class this morning, and randomly I started singing, "Feel nothing! I feel nothing! Feeeeel...." Everyone stared at me funny, until my friend said, "Damn right you don't." :|

I agree about 'Mercy' being catchy, especially the chorus. I find Discotheque chorus and the beginning of Summer Rain ('when you stop seeing beauty...' etc) dangerously contagious too.

I've had "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" stuck in my head since Monday. Not that I'm complaining, but I need to get a new song.

:lol: I was looking for my glasses at the time, lol. It just popped in my head all of a sudden and I started singing.

My dad thinks I need therapy. :slant:

Last edited:
clementine_rose said:
... Hold me now I'm six feet from the edge, I don't know why but I always laugh when I hear that part of the song. I know, I have a weird sense of humor. :coocoo:

He-he, whenever my mates say "you to" I can't help but giggle and laugh and say "you said.... U2!!" and that's when they groan and roll their eyes and slowly back away from me :rolleyes: and anything with Edge in it I can't help but squel 'The Edge!' Yes I know I'm sad and obsessed. *grins* Lately I've had just the 'OoOoO' from Bullet the Blue Sky, it refuses to go away!

-Nikki

beau2ifulday said:
I agree about 'Mercy' being catchy, especially the chorus. I find Discotheque chorus and the beginning of Summer Rain ('when you stop seeing beauty...' etc) dangerously contagious too.
I get the last verses to Summer Rain tumbling around in my head a lot. It's not why you're running, it's where you're going etc.

Cute!

For me, its various lines or often also basslines or Edges shredding sound that I hear over and over.
From Thursday till now, it's been:
* " All I got is a red guitar, 3 chords and the TRUTH!"
* the bass line in "Love comes tumbling" and then the line "all roads lead to where you are"
* God Part II , but no mystery there, I played it over and over and over and then some yesterday.

WHY do I remember stuff like this! :huh:

Back
Top Bottom