Trippin through wires: Embarrassing moments pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHonee

Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner
I remember many moons ago we had a thread about embarrassing / klutzy moments that related to U2. I think we should have another on!

1. The other day in school I was doing my MacPhisto impression walking down the hallway with some friends on our way to an assembly. I was calling the duchess of wales or whatever and singing 'i just called to say I love you' and on "you" I pointed in a random direction and there stood the janitor I am in love with! I ran!

lol I don't even know this janitor's name, but it's fun to see him
biggrin.gif
*needs a man*

------------------
~*Mona*~ / ~*Moaner*~ / ~*MonaPhisto*~
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Joe Houdini!" ~Charlie Brown~

"I feel like trash. I AM trash! Recycle me, baby!" ~MonaPhisto~

"You wanna play my guitar? Then you just come up here and play my guitar" ~Bono~

lol bluey! I forgot about that! I prance around school saying

"Ay, ey wint down t' Dooblin en ey wint to th' pub, en ey haad me a pint. En thin ey wint to slane castle and haad me sum fish n chiips. Ay." lol

2. In art class we were talking about radio jingles and the bennegan's one came on where the irish guy is all

as I put on my daily attire
I got my button flys out of the dryer
next thing you know I'm a wealthy man of means
I found 10 bucks in the pocket of my jeans

and we were singing and I said "Whenever I try my irish accent i sound like a pirate. French accent, too." Everyone found that HILARIOUS and forced me to do a Bono monologue. a bonologue. *sigh* My teacher calls me a magpie.

------------------

"Have you been to church? This is church." ~Bono~

I had a pretty embarassing moment today but it's not U2 related. However, I will bore you with it anyway.
20 people from the stables where I work were doing this ride through the town to highlight road safety with horses. I got dragged along on this scruffy little horse. i thought to myself "It will be fine, if I see anyone I know I will hide"
So anyway I am riding along and who turns up but the bloody local TV people. I think "aaaahh no one can see me on this horrible little horse".
So I conjure up a sneaky plan to ride past them really fast so no one notices me. But oh no just as I get in front of the camera the damn beast stops in the middle of the road and has a shit!
Needless to say everyone found this hilarious except me. grrrrrr. I am not watching the news tonight.
Sorry to bore you all but I just thought I would share that with you. It has not been a good day.

Originally posted by WildHonee:
lol bluey! I forgot about that! I prance around school saying

"Ay, ey wint down t' Dooblin en ey wint to th' pub, en ey haad me a pint. En thin ey wint to slane castle and haad me sum fish n chiips. Ay." lol

2. In art class we were talking about radio jingles and the bennegan's one came on where the irish guy is all

as I put on my daily attire
I got my button flys out of the dryer
next thing you know I'm a wealthy man of means
I found 10 bucks in the pocket of my jeans

and we were singing and I said "Whenever I try my irish accent i sound like a pirate. French accent, too." Everyone found that HILARIOUS and forced me to do a Bono monologue. a bonologue. *sigh* My teacher calls me a magpie.

OKAY!
That settles it darling!
You MUST simply MUUUST come to a Canadian University, then we can be freaks together, you can talk like a pirate and I can do my macphisto dance in public ...again. Sigh.
I was dancing like that on a speaker in a club last night.
-Bluey (Lonely for other freaks)

Originally posted by blueeyes:
OKAY!
That settles it darling!
You MUST simply MUUUST come to a Canadian University, then we can be freaks together, you can talk like a pirate and I can do my macphisto dance in public ...again. Sigh.
I was dancing like that on a speaker in a club last night.
-Bluey (Lonely for other freaks)
Ey jist got baack frum bein oot with me mum (Is that pirate or canadian? BLUEY THE CANADIAN PIRATE) We wint to Chuck Levin's ind we wint to blockbuster forr ey moost watch "th' color parple" for inglish claaaass. (NOW I'm scottish) I got me a bottle'f peech iced teeee, ey do. Ay.

~Mona of the Shamrock n Roll~

I've never done a MacPhisto dance. I could do a MacPhisto strut! *hairball* I can't keep singing so much and performing like this all the time. My voice is weird now. *wquhd* Em....also I can do a mean Bonoesque "ONE HUNDRED! TWO HUNDRED!" from bullet.
biggrin.gif
That hurts your voice too.

------------------

Ok, we're talking about embarrassing moments. I have a CLASSIC from high school. After our winter concert my senior year (i was in virtually every ensemble that was performing) I was carrying a piano bench back to the choir room while my crush and his father pushed the baby grand piano down the hallway in front of me. I went to go past them to hold the doors open so they could get the piano through and I didn't realize that there was a trophy case sticking out from the wall on the side I was passing on. So I'm carrying the bench about at chest level with the legs sticking out in front of me and I go to pass my beautiful man and his father (my anatomy teacher and a 30 year paramedic) and the bench legs hit the trophy case, stopping dead while my feet kept going, sending me flying up into the air with my feet totally over my head and me onto my back in my long black dress and heels. Meanwhile as I'm on my way to the floor, the first thought going through my head was, "OH MY GOD, GET YOUR ASS UP BEFORE MATT TURNS AROUND AND SEES YOU!!!!" As I'm rolling immediately up off my back so precious beautiful Matthew wouldn't see me, I see his father coming at me like a bat out of hell and naturally Matt had seen the WHOLE THING. On top of all that, my best friend (still is) and a bunch of my other friends are standing at the end of the hall behind me laughing their ASSES off and I'm as red as MacPhisto's shirt, Matt's wondering if I'm okay and eventually laughs too while his father dotes over me like a paramedic of his stature would. I wanted nothing more than to crawl under a rock and DIE right there. Of all people it had to happen in front of it had to be Matthew.

After our spring concert Matt was pushing the piano back to the choir room by himself and I went to go past him again to prop the doors open (no bench this time) and I said passingly, "I promise I won't trip this time," and he said teasingly, "No, the piano bench isn't here..." But he meant it in good fun... then to top this all off, a week before I had to audition for the School of Music here at U of I, I find out that Matt's attending college WHERE? U of I. I almost lost my lunch when I found that out. He lives about 3 blocks away from me. I still talk to him on occasion, but he's got his priorities and I have mine. But I'd have to say that's the single most embarrassing moment I've ever had...

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

"Sunrises are God's hit singles. Do the big number first and then just get on with the rest of the show." -Bono.

My feeble attempt at a website:
U2's Heartland

Haha! Jody that is hilarious! I dont get on too well with horses- I have tried but they have minds of their own, unfortunately.
And Bluey, dont worry about being a 'freak' you are not alone I assure you
evilgrin1.gif

(WildHonee I wish I could hear that pirate voice!)
pirate2.gif

lol! i wanna see the macphisto dance! that sounds so fun!

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

Bedevere: What makes you think she's a witch?
Peasant: Well she turned me into a newt!
Bedevere: A newt?
Peasant: I got better.
Crowd: BURN HER ANYWAY!
~Monty Python and the Holy Grail

LMAO!
mdrbig.gif

My embarrasing moment has to be when I went rollerblading with a friend two years ago. We didn't know how to stop so we were relying on flailing our arms and grabbing onto anything we could reach.

Anyway - I got hold of this traffic post (with a huuuge yellow dome on top) in the middle of my local high street but instead of stopping me it wobbled and the plasic dome on top flew off and bounced down the road!

I thought it was hilarious until a police car pulled up and told me to pick it up. Much to the amusement of everyone who was now watching - and my friend who was doing nothing to help - as I went to get it I tripped over a coat belonging to this guy selling the Big Issue (who also happened to know me) and ended up flying into the middle of the road - my audience were too busy laughing to help me up and to this day my friend won't let me forget it!

Originally posted by Bonoforever:
LMAO!
mdrbig.gif

My embarrasing moment has to be when I went rollerblading with a friend two years ago. We didn't know how to stop so we were relying on flailing our arms and grabbing onto anything we could reach.

Anyway - I got hold of this traffic post (with a huuuge yellow dome on top) in the middle of my local high street but instead of stopping me it wobbled and the plasic dome on top flew off and bounced down the road!

I thought it was hilarious until a police car pulled up and told me to pick it up. Much to the amusement of everyone who was now watching - and my friend who was doing nothing to help - as I went to get it I tripped over a coat belonging to this guy selling the Big Issue (who also happened to know me) and ended up flying into the middle of the road - my audience were too busy laughing to help me up and to this day my friend won't let me forget it!

LMAO. I would have loved to have seen that.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:
lol! i wanna see the macphisto dance! that sounds so fun!

Ahhh yes,
It is a thing of beauty.
Since some of you, especially the Lovely Fall Down Julie were not here to witness my stupidity the first time I told it, I shall risk boring all of you and tell you my klutzy Macphisto story again.
Last halloween I dressed up as Macphisto, (see the infamous pictures...) and I was really getting into the character with the strut, the expansive hand gestures, the smirk...
I walked into my friends house where there was a bunch of people having a good time, and made my grand enterance into the living room everyone went "Oooohhh" appropriately.
I was soaking up all this adoration, strutting to my heart's content across the hardwood floor when I must have hit a patch of snow or water or something in front of the T.V. because suddenly, both of my fantastic gold shoes were in front of my head, and I fell on my ass infront of the T.V. really really hard.
Once I collected myself and saw them all laughing at me, I tried to make it look like I was supposed to be lying down there watching T.V. ... but I don't think they bought it.
Oh well ... the severly glamourous have moments too...lol.
-fall down bluey

Originally posted by blueeyes:

Ahhh yes,
It is a thing of beauty.
Since some of you, especially the Lovely Fall Down Julie were not here to witness my stupidity the first time I told it, I shall risk boring all of you and tell you my klutzy Macphisto story again.
Last halloween I dressed up as Macphisto, (see the infamous pictures...) and I was really getting into the character with the strut, the expansive hand gestures, the smirk...
I walked into my friends house where there was a bunch of people having a good time, and made my grand enterance into the living room everyone went "Oooohhh" appropriately.
I was soaking up all this adoration, strutting to my heart's content across the hardwood floor when I must have hit a patch of snow or water or something in front of the T.V. because suddenly, both of my fantastic gold shoes were in front of my head, and I fell on my ass infront of the T.V. really really hard.
Once I collected myself and saw them all laughing at me, I tried to make it look like I was supposed to be lying down there watching T.V. ... but I don't think they bought it.
Oh well ... the severly glamourous have moments too...lol.
-fall down bluey

LMAO! "Look what you've done to me"
biggrin.gif

LOL, bluey! even though what happened wasn't such a good thing, that is a great story! i would have loved to see that. i bet you played it off quite nicely, considering the situation.
smile.gif
Mona and i thought it would be fun to be Mr.Mac for halloween, but you're a pretty tough act to beat. if we dressed up that way for our school on halloween... well, devil in a catholic school... lol.
smile.gif

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

Bedevere: What makes you think she's a witch?
Peasant: Well she turned me into a newt!
Bedevere: A newt?
Peasant: I got better.
Crowd: BURN HER ANYWAY!
~Monty Python and the Holy Grail

lol Bluey!!!!!!! I remember that story!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom