Trip to Dublin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larrykin

Babyface
Hi, I am going to Dublin for a day before we drive to the south-west and I was wondering if there was anything U2-related that I must see. I have heard of a U2 trail which takes you to all the important places ie Windmill Lane etc, but I don't have any specific details. Please can you post any information as soon as possible because we are leaving on Wednesday!
Thanks

windmill lane

gosh, you just have to ask someone in Dublin where Windmill Lane is--they all know; they'll ask if you're going to find U2. It's amazing though--really touching once you get there, knowing the history as I'm sure you do.

bloody hell i love dublin......beautiful.....ok good places to go:

temple bar
the Clarence
bonos house (but you have to take a dart)
the shopping is freaking amazing
any hop on buses....those are great...but mind you i was a real tourist..im from Canada!!

hope that helped:p

Oh! I was just there, it was amazing! There is a website that lists all the U2 sites in Dublin with a map (not sure if I'm allowed to post the link)
The main sites are the ones that people have already posted... Windmill Lane, The Clarence, Hanover Studios, the Bonavox store and lots lots more. There's also a really great music store just south of the liffy near the clarence that is basically devoted to the boys. Lots of great vintage stuff to buy (I got a vintage War patch!!!)

Sorry I didn't post earlier, I hope you get this in time!

Thank you for all your advice. I managed to see The Clarence and I went to the record shop on the Liffy (did you mean Rhythm Records, shaynar?) where I bought two U2 posters. As I was only there for a day I couldn't see Windmill Lane or the Bonavox store which sucked but hopefully I will go there again sometime.

If you get a chance go to the hardrock cafe in temple bar (its either in temple bar, or near) because its brilliant - theres a giant trabant, and various u2 artefacts. Plus while I was in there they were having a u2 marathon, so we got to watch u2 videos on the screens whilst having our meal. Too cool!

I didn't go to the Hard Rock cafe but there's a place quite similar called Captain America's Cookhouse on Grafton Street which has Bono's green guitar, one of Edge's and Larry's signed drumkit. So that was pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom