Tour Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great, but haven't these O2 rumours been circulating for some time now? As far as I know, the band has already denied.

But IF this should turn out to be true, I'm really getting excited.

My mobile provider is O2 i get texts and emails alerting me to buy tickets a couple of days before they go on general release so ill be waiting with bated breath end of spetember begining of october

last unicorn said:
Great, but haven't these O2 rumours been circulating for some time now? As far as I know, the band has already denied.

But IF this should turn out to be true, I'm really getting excited.

Exactly.

This makes me cry because I am sure it will be denied and now I am daydreaming at work about getting out of work and take the tube to greenwich and go see them.:sad:

Its a Sun article, Read: Bullshit tabloid. So I smell shit. Also, I wouldnt put U2 down as a band who'd sit in the same place doing 20-odd gigs. Unless they do it in different counties theres bound to be hissy fits from everyone else.

:huh:

if it were true... but umm no way U2 is going to do that many shows at one venue... I could see a rehersal show there maybe being that the album is due out in the fall.

uh, The Sun... wasn't that the article about Bono's Bowler hat being flown in to Italy, because it was his 'favourite' hat and he wanted to wear it that night, while he wore his green armyhat that nigth and doesn't even HAVE a bowlerhat?
Oh and wasn't it the same paper that had a picture of super tall Bono with his beautiful blonde wife?

right, that paper..:|

I'm not buying it..

Galeongirl said:
uh, The Sun... wasn't that the article about Bono's Bowler hat being flown in to Italy, because it was his 'favourite' hat and he wanted to wear it that night, while he wore his green armyhat that nigth and doesn't even HAVE a bowlerhat?
Oh and wasn't it the same paper that had a picture of super tall Bono with his beautiful blonde wife?

right, that paper..:|

I'm not buying it..
Like I said, its a tabloid of the lowest kind.

You know the lyrics in Last Night On Earth? "Shes at the bus stop with the News of the World and The Sun"? yeah, same paper. :lol: NOTW is pretty much the same quality.

U2 for O2?

(Thursday January 31, 2008 01:14 PM)
U2 are considering a mammoth residency at the O2 Arena in London, it has been confirmed.

The Irish rock heroes have previously been linked with a series of gigs at the former Millennium Dome, to top Prince's 21 summer 2007 dates.

However, manager Paul McGuinness has now confirmed talks for the concerts are ongoing, as the band near completion on their new album.

"It's got great potential for U2 and because it's undercover you can do a run of shows in the autumn", he admitted.

In recent months, Bono and co have been working on their currently untitled 12th studio album with super-producer Brian Eno.

i just saw this on YAHOO ?

jaynejenjune said:
U2 for O2?

(Thursday January 31, 2008 01:14 PM)
U2 are considering a mammoth residency at the O2 Arena in London, it has been confirmed.

The Irish rock heroes have previously been linked with a series of gigs at the former Millennium Dome, to top Prince's 21 summer 2007 dates.

However, manager Paul McGuinness has now confirmed talks for the concerts are ongoing, as the band near completion on their new album.

"It's got great potential for U2 and because it's undercover you can do a run of shows in the autumn", he admitted.

In recent months, Bono and co have been working on their currently untitled 12th studio album with super-producer Brian Eno.

i just saw this on YAHOO ?

Woohoo, bout time the UK got a decent amount of shows :wink:

I can't see the band doing that many gigs in the Uk. They seem to prefer everywhere else instead. I'm not sure but in the past they've only done a handful of dates in England.

It'd be nice but somehow I can't see it.

Mind you if it is true I'll be first in the queue.. (Move over Wild. I'm first...:lol: ).

:eyebrow:
I'm very, very sceptical, what with this being in the Sun and all. Lots of rumours are going to be circulating at the moment and it's hard to pick out what's true and what's a load of bullshit. :crack:

But if it IS, then OMG. I wish I still lived in England!!!

I can't see this happening either, it's just not like U2. But on the flipside if it DOES happen, I better figure out a way to hop back across the Pond real cheap-like! :wink:

It would be great if they played a couple of shows in London, just like in MSG. I can see them doing about 5 or 6 shows, for a week or so, but certainly not 21, that's ridiculous.

I start to save my money now, just in case ...

I really really hope this is true... What is so mad about U2 playing multiple gigs in the UK - it is not that bad here you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The O2 is an amazing venue and EVERYONE is playing there.... I am sure U2 will want to as well...

Back
Top Bottom