Tour Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
last unicorn said:
It would be great if they played a couple of shows in London, just like in MSG. I can see them doing about 5 or 6 shows, for a week or so, but certainly not 21, that's ridiculous.

I agree, there's no way they would play 20+ shows in one place.
:shame:
I think they appreciate their fans so much, and realize that many wouldn't see them unless they play more concerts in different countries and places.

But it's sure exciting to hear rumblings about tour news.. :yippie:

21 shows in one place?
That wouldnt be very fair.
Thats pretty random though isnt it?
I mean theyre tour for this album is going to kick off in 09 whats the point of these gigs?

I had a very distressing dream last night: There was this discussion going on here on the board about the O2 rumour and I left and when I returned the thread had 577 pages and the rumour had turned out to be true and everyone was already having their tickets and I was slightly panicking because I was late. Then I woke up and checked.

Oh wow, if this is true then I'm going to have to really start saving my pennies! :ohmy: There's this link that was on myspace:-

http://www.overlandtouring.co.uk/pages/eventDetails.asp?id=253

Now surely they wouldn't be advertising if it wasn't true?!

Although I don't think U2 would do 20+ shows in one place, they didn't care much for the experience during the Lovetown tour and I doubt if they would want to repeat it, but maybe 4 or 5 shows. :shrug:

There weren't many shows in England on the Vertigo tour and America got two legs! But if it did turn out to be vaguely true, I think it would be for a handful of dates and not 20! If it were 20 I would be remortgaging my house hehe :wink:

hcbiggs2002 said:
Oh wow, if this is true then I'm going to have to really start saving my pennies! :ohmy: There's this link that was on myspace:-

http://www.overlandtouring.co.uk/pages/eventDetails.asp?id=253

Now surely they wouldn't be advertising if it wasn't true?!

Although I don't think U2 would do 20+ shows in one place, they didn't care much for the experience during the Lovetown tour and I doubt if they would want to repeat it, but maybe 4 or 5 shows. :shrug:
Its not an official ticket site. You get adverts for tickets in the Newspapers for tours that havent even started or been announced.

Like others have said, its a crock of shit until its officially announced. Or at least sited in a more respectable paper. :rolleyes:

So do you all think this weeks NME is trash too? :wink:

“The O2 has] got great potential for U2," he said, "and because it’s undercover you can do a run of shows in the autumnAccording to CMU Daily Paul McGuinness has said the band, who are expected to return with a new album later this year, may consider playing multiple dates at the venue.

Link is here

Now what do you say? :ohmy: Anji goes and buys a piggy bank, an extra large one at that :drool:

Edit

Just found this Here

Despite previously denying the rumours, the Irish band's manager Paul McGuinness has confirmed he's looking at options for a series of concerts later this year :evil: :shocked:

Last edited:
^ It's the same thing that has been posted at the beginning of this thread. Of course they are looking into options, but so far, it's only a rumour. I just don't see this happening.

Yeah, Its the exact same quote on every mag. :| Soo, I still dont buy it. Considering it was in the Sun first and everyones copying the article it makes it all the more spurious.

bonoishot said:
I suppose if it's true we will find out over the next few months. :wink:

A few gigs would be nice. :drool: Couldn't see 21 gigs though. :lol:

The more I think about it, the more this makes sense..... Whoever would have thought they would release a greatest hits album, let alone two?..... So, why wouldn't they play a whole series of shows in one place, within easy flight range of Dublin? Cut the transportation and logistics costs, be more environmentally friendly, and earn mega bucks at the same time.... The guys all have pads in London, they're getting on in years, not too keen on travelling..... Makes sense.

They're always surprising me, so doing a residence doesn't really sound all that surprising ;-)

This was posted in u2com fourm by Max Tsukino .
U2tour.de contacted Principle Management about this ... according to what they posted, any and all rumors about U2 in concert this year is false.

They also were told that the album is not finished, and that U2 is back in the studio .

IsDinnerReady said:

The more I think about it, the more this makes sense..... Whoever would have thought they would release a greatest hits album, let alone two?..... So, why wouldn't they play a whole series of shows in one place, within easy flight range of Dublin? Cut the transportation and logistics costs, be more environmentally friendly, and earn mega bucks at the same time.... The guys all have pads in London, they're getting on in years, not too keen on travelling..... Makes sense.

They're always surprising me, so doing a residence doesn't really sound all that surprising ;-)

No, IMO, U2 is not the band to do this. They don't want to play so many gigs in one location. They still love to travel and play many concerts around the world. I think a setting like this would be rather boring for them. I could see them doing a number of shows there, maybe 5, but certainly not SO many. U2 is a band that is still dynamic, they don't need to settle for a Las-Vegas type permanent show.

bella88 said:
They also were told that the album is not finished, and that U2 is back in the studio . [/B]

Well this is not really true;) I mean- nothing is going on in the studio. Or maybe they really has changed location now. There was a plan to move to some other studio. It's quite possible they really did it.

yeah, they could anywhere as far as going back into the studio, maybe just not hanover quay... It could be any part of the world as far as they are concerned.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
yeah, they could anywhere as far as going back into the studio, maybe just not hanover quay... It could be any part of the world as far as they are concerned.

exactly.
One is sure- they are not in the HQ studio now. So I think they really have changed location.

Since they took out all the stuff at HQ in November and someone said they'd continue recording in another place, this might be very true. Maybe in France, or maybe in a different studio. I guess as long as they are at work, it's all fine.

I'm still not buying it..... I'm not surprised more magazines post it now tho, I bet it's copied straight from the Sun instead of verifying the source first :shrug:

I am sure that U2 will play the O2... My guess is that it will be as part of the Uk/Europe leg of the next tour...

Also, I thought that the band were still going to use Hanover to finish recording this album...

Lisa

last unicorn said:
Since they took out all the stuff at HQ in November and someone said they'd continue recording in another place, this might be very true. Maybe in France, or maybe in a different studio. I guess as long as they are at work, it's all fine.
Thought they were in Fez recording? Its been reported already. :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom