Toronto's Grammy Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinninghead77

Refugee
Okay, I put a similar message in the Grammy Party thread, but I figured that people would stop reading that soon!!

I just wanted to say that I had an awesome night. I attended a Grammy Party for the Greater Toronto Area U2 Fans. There was a U2 Tribute Band called 'Elevation' and they were incredible. The lead singer had all of Bono's jokes and line's down pat, and the guitar player was great. I can't wait to see this band again.

Mrs. Edge, and her hubby were there too. Mrs. Edge is awesome. For the first time in my life I had a conversation about U2 with someone and they knew where I was coming from. She got up and danced for us during Mysterious Ways, and myself and another girl joined in.

It was a great night, and even though I got less then 4 hours sleep last night, I feel great!!!

I hope that you all had as much fun as me last night!!

U2 fans are the best
biggrin.gif

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

There you are Spinny, bright and early!
smile.gif
It was a total treat meeting you too! A Pleba gal at such close range! Yeayyy! I too had 4 hours sleep, and an 8am meeting! GAH!! But it was SO WORTH IT.

I am telling you gals, Spinny is right. This band was AMAZING, and I don't just say that to be supportive of a Toronto band. I had a healthy dose of skepticism coming in to see them. First, I admit that despite their best costuming efforts, you can't find 4 men who look LESS like U2. Actually, the "Bono" looks like Val Kilmer! But the SOUND was incredible (especially Bullet, One, Bad, In God's Country and I Will Follow), and all this with just one guitar! Sometimes if you closed your eyes, you'd swear it was U2.

And the patter...he did his Bullet rant, he did the kissing the Edge, the hugging Adam, the intros to Stuck and Stay and Bad (a la Live Aid)...and his voice! Sometimes he sounded really authentic. He even had a vein popping out of his neck!

As for the dancing, this is quite funny. I was sitting there at our table, when suddenly "Bono" came up to me and introduced himself. He recognized me from my pic on the Toronto group site. Anyway, of course I asked if they wanted a belly dancer and he agreed, even inviting me to their St. Pat's Day gig in Sudbury!

Unfortunately, last night I was wearing VERY tight pants, and VERY high heels, and I haven't taken class almost 3 months due to injury. That all conspired to make proper dancing impossible, so we all did ordinary dancing. However, the band does have a gig near here in April, so I am thinking of asking if I can bring a costume and do the whole thing. I'll discuss it with them and see what they think!

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 02-28-2002).]

Actually, I think that the lead singer looked exactly like Guy Pearce. If you don't know who he is, he is a totally hot Australian Actor (go see Count of Monte Cristo playing now)!!!

Mrs. Edge is soooooo right. Bad was absolutely incredible, and I can't belive how good his Bullet rant was. He had every single word (except he said Rock n' Roll Stinger, of course) down pat. Hell, this guy knew the words even better then Bono does
biggrin.gif

Mrs. Edge.... You soooooooo have to buy an outfit and dance for them!! That would be great to see!!! Maybe even worth the drive to Sudbury on Saint Patty's day!!
wink.gif

------------------
***Spinny***

I spin so ceaselessly
"

Damn I wish it wasn't such a good time. Damn I wish I didn't have little ones sometimes. Damn I wish hubby was in town. Damn *whack* *whack* *whack*

Don't mind me, just mad for missing out. Sounds like you guys had a blast.

Jess, that's ex-c-ell-ent girl. And I tell you I'm looking forward to April already
wink.gif

Sounds like you had a ball! Thats awesome.

I also live in Toronto...how can I get in on the fun, the next time there is a party like this?

PearlJam_U2

Originally posted by PearlJam_U2:
Sounds like you had a ball! Thats awesome.

I also live in Toronto...how can I get in on the fun, the next time there is a party like this?

PearlJam_U2
You need to sign up for the GTA-U2 Group. Just follow this link
http://64.4.30.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=EN&lah=5f307f12174b96858731eed309b1d4b1&lat=1014988978&hm___action=http%3a%2f%2fgroups%2eyahoo%2ecom%2fgroup%2fU2_GTA

The tribute band 'Elevation' is playing in Etobicoke on April 5th. You will have to come and check them out!!!

------------------
***Spinny***

I spin so ceaselessly
"

Back
Top Bottom