Too old?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Salome:
when they are 80 they might not be able to run away from you anymore

LOL! Well, maybe they'll all have motorized wheel chairs so they can speed away from us!
biggrin.gif

wow, truecolors....and all the others who responded...

so many people have said things i agree with. I guess what I mean by lusting after them...well, it's not really that I would ever have sex with them, because I am married, and I would NOT like to be a woman they cheated on with, or used, or whatever. So it is not the actual having sex with them but it is more like "the idea" of having sex with them. I should've written that more clearly in my initial post. When does that idea disappear or fade?

And I think a lot of people made some very astute observations, about the differences between sexy and pretty, about what really makes people sexy....inner beauty and external glamour....very interesting stuff to think about.

Bono himself wants sexuality in his music, I believe. So I don't think it is somehow wrong or evil to perceive or experience the sexuality he is often trying to convey. I think that is part of the message he wants to send. He wants us to feel the connections between sex and love and religion and music and evil and then he wants us to examine those connections. He's not trying to be all sex, but he is not trying to deny sex exists. And he wants us to think about the ways sexuality and religion and love and hate and power are all intertwined in our lives and our world. And he wants us to think about it...and decide if the mixture is working...or not. Is there something different we could be doing with all of those experiences?

I am really enjoying this string of ideas!!

Back
Top Bottom