Tonight on American Idol *song choice spoiler*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I added a spoiler to this thread title, as there are a lot of Idol viewers who would rather be surprised by the song choices when they tune in. In the ongoing American Idol thread in Zoo Station, people share spoilers like song choices by using the same color font as the background so that people have to highlight to see them.

OMG I cannot wait to see this. I am so in love w/ David Cook. I think he will do the song major justice. I have faith in him!!!

smk1379 said:
I also have a question who wrote American Prayer? Was it Bono? :banghead: :shrug:

From U2wanderer site:

American Prayer: Written by Hewson and Stewart. Performed by Bono, the Edge, Beyonce and David A Stewart.

So that is Bono and Dave Stewart. It was performed by the above artists at the 46664 concert in South Africa and Bono performed it accompanied by a boom box on the Heart of America bus tour that he did in 2002 through middle America to get people to work on the AIDS projects for Africa.

I don't know why but when they did it as a group performance on Idol last year someone in the press started reporting that Bono had written the song specifically for American Idol which was total bullshit.

Dana

We'll, it's all subjective. I liked it. A LOT! I mean no it wasn't Bono but it was damn good.

I'll be downloading it :)

Archie was good, too. He's not really my cup of tea, but he does have "the voice".

oktobergirl said:
We'll, it's all subjective. I liked it. A LOT! I mean no it wasn't Bono but it was damn good.

I'll be downloading it :)

Archie was good, too. He's not really my cup of tea, but he does have "the voice".

I will too. I have all his songs. I hope they put the Collective Souls song too for download. It gave me goose bumps..

From U2wanderer site:

American Prayer: Written by Hewson and Stewart. Performed by Bono, the Edge, Beyonce and David A Stewart.

So that is Bono and Dave Stewart. It was performed by the above artists at the 46664 concert in South Africa and Bono performed it accompanied by a boom box on the Heart of America bus tour that he did in 2002 through middle America to get people to work on the AIDS projects for Africa.

I don't know why but when they did it as a group performance on Idol last year someone in the press started reporting that Bono had written the song specifically for American Idol which was total bullshit.

Dana

I remember that I saw him in Indiana! He keeped talking to Edge in the boombox!!:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom