Today was a great (and exhausting) day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack In The Box

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
This way it happened

In my school, for months had been organizing a campaign of support in order to help children with leukaemia of a local hospital

We go out to gather money, were joined 3,000 dls., did a theater work (that ultimately didn't have coherence and was more funny) and did toys for the children

Later, another organization that supported our campaign gave toys to some children, but some of them didn't receive it, front to me and to a class mate was a girl like of 4 years old to that didn't receive toy and began to cry, our organizing teacher had not given the sign of that we could deliver the toys already, but my class mate and I, at the same time treat to deliver the gift to the girl who was crying

Our teacher said to us that was ok, that we could deliver it already, my class mate and I look ourselves mutually, I said to her that we 2 should deliver our respective toys to the same girl

I don't know how to explain it, but it's something that marked my life, the little girl on having seen her gifts changed her expression, of crying changed to a smile like only a child can

My class mate yes cried, I not, but I didn't lack desire

When all this campaign began I saw it as a waste of time, but only the smile of this little girl was worth the effort

One more thing, what so exhausting day was today :|

(And that is my relevant experience of today :) )

Jack In The Box said:
When all this campaign began I saw it as a waste of time, but only the smile of this little girl was worth the effort

(And that is my relevant experience of today :) )

I think making a child smile, or any person for all that matters, is one of the most rewarding experiences ever. :yes: :D

In spite of having had double work for a few days (campaign and school at the same time) I enjoyed it very much, you're right Niamh, make forget these children everything what they have suffered, though is for a few hours is an inexplicable feeling

Back
Top Bottom