Throwing stuff at U2 on stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL I was extremely careful with my cell too! lol. I did call my mom during sometimes so she could hear it, but i held the phone down really low :|

ramblin rose said:
Yeah, one more thing not to do when Bono's around. I'm already pretty paranoid about taking out my cellphone in front of him during the show. :crack:

I guess I'd better be careful next month. :uhoh: I told my friend I'd call her so she could listen in on a few songs.

Some chick threw her bra onstage at the second Philly show last month. Bono just said, "Oh my goodness" and picked it up like he was grossed out and threw it back at her. It was a riot.

We were given red balloons at Barcelona, Madrid and Lisbon. There were people throwing them to the stage and it didn’t upset Bono, he just kicked them off. I brought some of those balloons home.:p

kellyahern said:
Yeah, the cell phone thing was kind of weird :huh: (I still wonder if there was something more to it than that) , but I think "do not throw stuff at band" is kind of a no brainer :yes:.

I don't recall hearing about the cellphone incident. What happened? :eyebrow:

it's a shame many fans don't realize that getting something thrown at them isn't exactly the most respectful thing to do.

people pay hundreds of dollars to see them play, and yet people throw who knows what at them for who knows what reason. I'm grateful that Bono actually has a sense of humor the majority of the time and is able to be so patient about stuff like that :yes:

:yikes: imagine if water wasn't thrown at them but some other clear substance. sometimes I get so worried for Bono and the boys.... :huh:

U2SJ said:
The girl that threw the water at Bono last nite in Oakland, was TAKEN OUT OF THE ELLIPSE with 2 top U2 security in front of her and 2 in back of her, her and her husband were both taken out, she was hysterically crying....so I think its safe to say, Bono does not like having things thrown at him, he was VERY angry last nite. :(

GREAT!!!!!!! The dumb bitch got what she deserved.

DON"T THROW THINGS AT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

Personally I know I wouldn't want someone to throw stuff at me if I was on the stage! It's dangerous and completely disrespectful. Oh and that's hilarious with what his reaction was to the bra! :lmao: I wonder at times if people who do that actually respect themselves.

:tsk:

People never cease to amaze me.

That person who threw the water must have been SO embaressed, I would not want to be her right now...:no: Serves her right though...

KiteKate said:
I don't recall hearing about the cellphone incident. What happened? :eyebrow:

I haven't heard of anything like that either... what happend? :huh:

anjarw said:
reading this reminded me that i still had a clip from milan where the same thing happened

http://s47.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=2ZRNAF7CXBEX81FDTZSETL7WW5

he said the f word loads of times apparantly, and i'm still not quite sure what he's doing with his hands there when he comes back..well at least he does look pissed..wonder if that's gonna make the dvd :eyebrow:

boy that was one pissed off little Irish man! I wonder if the band was thinking "quick get the next song started NOW!"

girlcalledparty said:
Some chick threw her bra onstage at the second Philly show last month. Bono just said, "Oh my goodness" and picked it up like he was grossed out and threw it back at her. It was a riot.

Does this mean no underwear for Adam? :grumpy:

Fresh, new, lacy, red.

And at the live from Sydney video when Bono walks on the catwalk before the start of the Streets everyone throws little things like caps from bottles from the one side of the catwalk to the other...It's really
cool...
Right now I remembered this chick from the first L.A. shows...:drool:
What did she have in her head..?
I guess nothing...

aislinn said:

:applaud:

And not just by throwing things at them onstage, either...but that's a whole other discussion for another time.

Yes, I would love to have a free, open, frank, mature conversation about that.

Change cabs twice, then come after midnight to 1-2-4 Derillo Street -- ask for Mo and tell him Schultze sent you. I will be wearing a grey beret and reading a copy of "The Screwtape Letters." You will say, "I am allergic to red wine," to which I will reply, "But I bet you'll drink it anyway."
:D :wink:

Merc said:

I haven't heard of anything like that either... what happend? :huh:

I think the poor guy wrote down the whole story somewhere on this forum, he had a camera phone and was holding it up, among 2000 other people, to take a pic, and Bono went apeshit on him, like he was bullshitting on the phone instead of getting into the music. And then I think he took it from the guy, and later gave it back and made some sort of apologetic gesture, and the poor guy was still trying to gesture to him that he was taking a photo and not having a conversation. With the nonsense that goes on that has beans to do with the music, I do wonder why Bon chose to get excited about this one guy -- maybe he thought he was a Sinn Fein supporter, he never gets that right!!:wink:

u2forlife said:
Personally, I fear that he may slip, fall, and then I would have to jump onstage and give him mouth to mouth resuscitation. :drool:

That's for a slip and fall, right? :wink:

I saw Bono fall out the stage at the first Elevation tour concert, in FLorida... he was walking backwards... and puff! he wasn't longer in the stage! everybody was like :ohmy: but he didn't stop signing down there and he climbed back. The edge was playing the guittar but he was looking at bono. I have to recognize that I'm not a good person when i see someone falling and when I see bono again on the stage (and well) I giggled :uhoh:

and I have to say that bono almost blind me when he was using that light proyector while "bullet the blue sky" :rockon:

i heard about the water-throwing incident from someone at the show and heard it was the guy who threw the water--and that basically ALL of U2's bodyguards dove into the ellipse and removed them, and Bono pointed at them to signal where they were.

It's so awful that people do this kind of stuff.

I was laughing remembering the bra incident. Bono did indeed pick it up like it was a rotting animal carcass and threw it back. :laugh:

:combust:

Can't hear the fuckety fucks, but just watched that video from Milano, and I gotta say

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Thanks Anja....

Oh and that man has prayed me with water a couple times and Champagne in Pittsburgh... All I can say is bring it on! :drool:

Ok, back to work now :angel:

Miroslava said:
:combust:

Can't hear the fuckety fucks, but just watched that video from Milano, and I gotta say

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Thanks Anja....

Holy hell.....a girl crawls out of the sick bed and finds out she's missed all the good stuff.

Hey Miro! I guess I won't ask how the rest of the tour is going....it's pretty obvious it's action packed.......:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom