Through The Sleet And Driving Snow : Part Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
Yep there's more. I've made it so everyone's single too. Just in case, I don't really know if it's going to turn that way or not.. but just to be safe I'll keep it that way. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Disclaimer: Not true, tis all a work of fiction.

---

"Adam are you going to help me here or are you just going to stare at the birds all day?" Larry was quite pleased with the amount of snow he was able to clear mostly by himself since his fellow bass player became enchanted by the woodland creatures. This wasn't so bad afterall, it was nice to be able to get out and stretch the legs. Well, he was stretching more than legs now. A complete workout was this. But it was worth it, and that girl, she needed it. He watched as his breath rose from his mouth and on up into oblivion. This was a nice corner of the world, for sure. Maybe playing here wouldn't be such a bad idea afterall. He'd have to inquire about where to get a jacket like this too.. he really liked the jacket. He still wasn't sure about the toque.. but he wore it anyway and was secretly glad there were no photographers around. He grimaced at the idea of his fine face gracing the front page of the Irish times in a rather tacky glorified beanie. But the girl was right, it did keep his head warm. Though right now, it felt like there was something on top of the toque. Something other than that godawful pom pom thing.

"There's a bird on your head, Lars" Adam pointed out. "A real pretty one too. Black and white and gray.. and a hint of yellow. My is he ever a pretty bird."

Oh well, this would make the perfect picture wouldn't it. Oh and if Bono and Edge were looking from the window, he knew the taunts of "Larry is a birdbrain" would never end.

"A bleedin' bird?"

"Nope, he's not bleeding.. just landed on your head. Must've needed a rest."

The bird let out a hearty chick-a-dee-dee-dee from the drummers head and then flew off to the feeder.

" I hope he didn't have a crap on my head."

--
Serena now was laying against the end of the couch, a bag of ice propped on her head that Edge had put together. She had giggled when he had asked whether she wanted a bag of frozen peas or a bag of ice. Edge had also took it upon himself to fill the kettle and put in on and now was coming in with two cups of piping hot tea. He handed one to Serena and sat down with his own. She thanked him and sat up.

"Hey, where's mine?"

"You've legs haven't you B, go out there and get it yourself and bring some of those cookies with you while you're at it. They look rather yummy. That is if Serena doesn't mind"

She smiled. "After all that you've done for me today, cookies and tea is the least I could do. Help yourself"

Edge slurped his tea, rather loudly. These guys were a gas! Bono sprinted into the kitchen.

"Cookies! Yes!" he exclaimed. "I'll call the lads in and see if they'd like a break. Probably need it. Well, Larry anyway. I'm sure our resident ornithologist hasn't been working out anything other than his eyeballs."

"Bono, tell them they don't have to do it all. Seriously, you've done so much already and I'm very grateful. I'm sure you're likely on a schedule, I don't want to make you late."

Bono had opened the window a tad.

"Hey, lads! Tea and cookies in here for the taking if you want them." He closed the window and sat beside Serena once again. " Sweetheart, if there's one thing we did with this trip it was that we didn't plan anything. We aren't on a schedule. Which is just as well since Edge has managed to get us lost at least a dozen times now."

"Oi! You're the bastard with the map Bono!"

"Yea, but Edge I thought you knew better than to listen to where I told you to go. Believing I could read a map. Yeeesh."

"Aye, that is true. I guess I had a lapse in judgment." Edge winked at Serena.

The door opened with Lars and Adam returning from outside.

"Did someone say something about cookies? I loves me a good cookie" said Larry. He kicked off his boots and trumped up the stairs, Adam behind him.

" I can't see a bloody thing" said Adam, removing his now fogged up glasses. "Thank you so much for the offering of food, Serena. Very kind of you. Feeling any better?"

" It's the least I could do guys, seriously. Don't you even consider going back out either.. I'll finish up the rest myself later. Yes, thanks to Edge's Miracle Ice Pack.. the swelling is going down nicely."

Larry shook his head and swallowed. "I'm just about done, notice I didn't say we, old Ads has a fascination with your birds. Couldn't get a lick of work out of him. Anyway, I can finish it up. I don't mind, really."

Adam plunked himself down in the chair that was usually designated for the cat, and the cat alone. The furball was at his feet, eyeballing him angrily.

"Is this your seat kitty, oh now come on. I'm sure you won't mind if I sit here for a few." And he patted the cats head, and the cat began to purr and the cat forgot all about his chair.

"Look Lars, now he's talking to the cat!" chuckled Edge.

The tylenol was finally beginning to kick in and Serena was able to truly enjoy watching these men playfully bicker like a bunch of teenagers. She was trying to come up with some way to thank them for all they'd done. For all she knew, if they hadn't passed by.. she might still be out there lying motionless in the snow. Tea and cookies were nice ,yes, but not what she had in mind. Supper maybe.. yes, a supper at the Big Stop would be perfect. Probably right up their alley too, good food, big portions and she could probably get a table out the way if they didn't want to be bothered, but something told her that they probably wouldn't be. . Well, that was a good idea. Now how to trick them into letting her pay. Ah, probably wouldn't be that hard. She gazed around the room. Adam was cleaning his glasses on his sweater , Larry was sneaking another cookie like a little boy who didn't want to get caught, Edge had gone across the room and picked up her guitar and was now tinkering away on it and Bono had picked up the pen that was laying beside her sketchbook and was writing something in U2 by U2. She leaned over to get a closer look and he closed the book up.

"Nope"

She fake pouted "Why not?"

"I want you to read it after we've gone."

She sat back into the couch and only then did he reopen the book and continue scrawling down his message. She wondered if it would be appropriate to ask for a picture. Or should she just go and get her camera and take them. She really never wanted to forget this day, though she was quite sure that she wouldn't. She couldn't get the nerve up right now to ask, she'd ask later she decided.

"That'd make a nice picture" said Edge.

Did he just read her mind?

"What?"

"You and Dr.Bono sitting on the couch there. Have you a camera?"

She nodded.

"Well, B is not getting her to himself. I want in the picture too!" and Larry crossed the room to sit on the other side of Serena. She wasn't used to this kind of attention, ever! Adam had even took to standing up and squeezing his arse onto the couch. "I know you think I'm cool, quiet and reserved but I want in too dammit!"

Edge's face spoke of false dejection. "Ah, well, no room for Nurse Edge is there."

"The camera has a timer" stated Serena. "We can all get in. Now, I have to go get it. Will Dr.B allow me to fetch the picture taking contraption?"

He put down the book again and turned to face her. He put two fingers on her neck as if he were checking her pulse. He had a fairly serious look on his face, for second she couldn't tell if he was playing or not. Then his lips widened into a smile.

"The patient can retrieve the infernal contraption, but only if the doctor can accompany her. You know, in case she trips or something."

Larry rolled his eyes.

She went to stand and there a moment of dizziness, but it passed quickly. She felt relieved because at least she knew she wasn't injured too badly. A trip to the hospital wasn't necessary. She wandered down the hall, arm in arm with Bono thinking that if she were dreaming, this would be the point where she would wake up. Still laying in the snow. But as she turned into a room, nothing happened. This wasn't a dream, this was real. She couldn't help but let a tiny smile emerge. She definitely never considered that the day that she got smacked in the head would turn out to be the best day of her life. She opened a drawer and hauled out the camera. She turned to leave but Bono was staring at a guitar case.

"Can I bring this along?" and upon her positive reply and picked it up in one hand while still holding onto her with the other.

Back in the living room, Edge was now writing something in her book. Larry had slumped back into the couch and was drifting off a bit. Every few seconds he'd wake up, slightly startled before repeating the process. Adam was looking out the window, at the birds again. He couldn't believe how lovely there were, and gentle. He was completely mesmerized by this place. At this point, he didn't really feel the need to check out the field in Moncton. He had his answer to whether they should play here and he had a sneaking suspicion that the other lads felt the same way. Maybe they could get the girl involved with the planning or something. Yes, that sounded like a good idea. She wouldn't have to queue for tickets for certain, that would most definitely be taken care of. She kept thanking them, over and over. But when he looked by chance at her CD and DVD rack, he saw all of their albums.. and DVD's. There was other stuff too, but it was apparent that their band meant alot to her. He was also secretly grateful too to learn that she wasn't overbearing in the least. Not a crazed fan, as it were. Yes, this was a good place to be.

"Gather round everyone!" called Bono as Serena set up the camera and hit the timer, then dashed to the couch squished in between Edge and Bono with Larry and Adam kneeling in front of her. Just before the picture took both Bono and Edge turned and the flash went just as they both laid a kiss on either cheek. Well, Serena thought, that one is going to be framed for sure!

---

"Larry had slumped back into the couch and was drifting off a bit. Every few seconds he'd wake up, slightly startled before repeating the process."

:cute: This is sweet, RB! :applaud:

:up: I've finally gotten around to reading through this whole story so far. And since I'm late for commenting on the first few chapters, I'll compile my bulk comments here:

Chapter 1:

I like it so far! Just seeing the title gave me an idea for a story which will probably never be written, but I'm still glad to see my idea is different from yours :)
I like your use of the Vertigo lyric when she blacked out :up:

Chapter 2:

I love it. I want Bono to come rescue me like that :drool: Funnily enough, the 'band rescuing the damsel in distress' thing is similar to the beginning of my Twist of Fate story... except in that one the girl needed rescuing because Bono almost ran her over :lol:

Chapter 3:

Adam and the birds :lol: And Edge's nightmares about MacPhisto. Great chapter! :up:

Chapter 4:

Best chapter so far! :drool: And the funniest too! :up: I love the way you write the personalities of all the boys. I'm jealous of Serena though :sigh:

RavenBlue said:
"A bleedin' bird?"
"Nope, he's not bleeding.. just landed on your head. Must've needed a rest."

:laugh:

this chapter was so funny and cute :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom