thoughts on the sunglasses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like Bono and his blue eyes so much. I wish he would take his sunglasses off more, but if he has a sensitivity to light problem then he should wear them.

I have blue eyes as well and people even ask what color lenses do I have. I wear lenses but clear ones. My eyes are extremely sensitive to the bright light and I always wear glasses. I have them all over the place! I even have a similar pair of the rose ones.
I like with glasses and with out and I don't think it has to do with age.:madwife:

from the Paul Morley interview re: the glasses :)

'Well, I'm quite happy for it to offend the kind of people who find it offensive... Look, there are practical reasons, it's body armour, it's a note of necessary insincerity, and the eyes are a giveaway, and although I have got used to the stares I get, I quite like not having people who I don't know looking right into my eyes, as if they might find something out about me. They do, they walk right up to you, and stick their head right into your face. So it's good that there's a barrier. And of course, the light, and the drink, makes my eyes go red, there's bit of vanity there, I don't want people to see me all puffy. Yeah, they're really handy, for a myriad of reasons. You go and tell people that!'

http://forum.interference.com/out.p...rdian.co.uk/omm/story/0,13887,1667368,00.html

I don't know - I kinda like them on... :reject:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
But Gr@cie! You didn't quote the next bit:

'It should be OK, for God's sake! But, you never know, it might be time for the naked face. It might be coming. The naked stare.'

:drool:

and THATS^ the reason I believe in Santa:bow::bow:

I love the glasses but Bono.....I miss your eyes:drool: :drool: :drool:

and I swear *holds up right hand...I will not look at you in the eyes...or stick my head in your face:shifty::drool:

Galeongirl said:
I think he wears the shades for OUR protection! I mean, if he takes them off, looks you straight in the eye, would you be able to breathe ever after? they are a lethal weapon!

Yeah, apparently, well this is what he told me, if he takes them off, women's clothes drop off, so he keeps them on cause he doesnt want all his loyal fans catching the cold!So yeah it's definately for our protection!

:wink:

Lil'Bono said:

Yeah, apparently, well this is what he told me, if he takes them off, women's clothes drop off, so he keeps them on cause he doesnt want all his loyal fans catching the cold!So yeah it's definately for our protection!

he's so kind:drool: :drool:

but I think I'm ready for that risk:shifty:....

The naked stare.... :combust: :drool: :wink:

meaneyes.jpg

Last edited:
Lil'Bono said:

he really told you that????? Hehe so bono is well aware of his sexyness...
hm, but who wouldnt want to stare in those beautiful eyes? sad thing that he doesn't like that... hmmm Bono, I promise I won't stick my face in your eyes, how about my mouth on yours then? or my tongue in your mouth? I promise I won't stare at you! :drool: *closes eyes*

Galeongirl said:

he really told you that????? Hehe so bono is well aware of his sexyness...
hm, but who wouldnt want to stare in those beautiful eyes? sad thing that he doesn't like that... hmmm Bono, I promise I won't stick my face in your eyes, how about my mouth on yours then? or my tongue in your mouth? I promise I won't stare at you! :drool: *closes eyes*

*dies

1.gif

I promise that too:hyper::drool:

*dies again...I just noticed your avatar:combust:

Dismantled said:

*dies again...I just noticed your avatar:combust:

oh that happened to many many many PLEBAns before you... and also people on Livejournal... oh I'm so cruel that I love it! :evil:
I cannot deny I didn't die when I saw it for the first time... now the only thing is, I'm addicted to my avatar... is that really bad? :drool:

^no:drool: because I am addicted to mine..the thought of ever parting with it is really depressing to me:(

Dismantled said:
^no:drool: because I am addicted to mine..the thought of ever parting with it is really depressing to me:(

agreed. same with me... love yours too... neck.... for That neck, I'd turn into a vampire! :drool:
do you have the original picture of it?:drool:

Galeongirl said:

agreed. same with me... love yours too... neck.... for That neck, I'd turn into a vampire! :drool:
do you have the original picture of it?:drool:

I don't:( I did...I dont' know what happened to it though....it was a big beautiful pic:drool:

neck:drool: :drool:

Dismantled said:

I don't:( I did...I dont' know what happened to it though....it was a big beautiful pic:drool:

neck:drool: :drool:
I wonder if Ali ever has the urge to bite him... I never see any scars tho :p or even hickeys... never seen them on him either... hmmm I would place them if he'd want some :drool:

Galeongirl said:

I wonder if Ali ever has the urge to bite him... I never see any scars tho :p or even hickeys... never seen them on him either... hmmm I would place them if he'd want some :drool:

I'm sure she does:combust:

she can bite him whenever she wants:angry:*jealous

Galeongirl said:

I wonder if Ali ever has the urge to bite him...

Well, she did at least once! Here's a quote from a great interview Bono did for Hot Press magazine in 2001:

"Ali doesn't like violent movies. In fact she often becomes violent at them. She bit me once during Scarface. She literally bit my shoulder and I had to leave!"

:lol:

biff said:

Well, she did at least once! Here's a quote from a great interview Bono did for Hot Press magazine in 2001:

"Ali doesn't like violent movies. In fact she often becomes violent at them. She bit me once during Scarface. She literally bit my shoulder and I had to leave!"

:lol:

:combust:

Obviously, he needs them to control his laser vision....Without them there would be beams shooting out all over the arena. How would you like to go to a concert and your friend doesn't make it back alive because they got charbroiled by Bono's uncontrolled "special-gift". I for one, thank Bono for his restraint.:combust:

I personally think that the shades Bono's wearing at the moment are cool and suit his face perfectly unlike the shades a wore during the Elevation tour or the Pop era! :yikes: They don't hide his face or eyes too much unlike the shades from the ZooTV era. :bono:

Bonosmile.jpg

Last edited:
I own a pair of the D&G sunglasses Bono wears on the cover of the 'Bono on Bono' book and on the cover of Spin. I think he has them on the HTDAAB cover art.....

anyhoo...I can tell you that these glasses are very minimal in the sun protection department....

I was wondering if his assistant is his 'sunglass' wrangler. And does he travel with a suitcase full. And do designers just send him kinds that they would think he'd like? Since he seems not to favor one brand over another. Now he's wearing Prada, he's worn the d&g's and he's been in versace.

I think waaayyyy tooo much about the glasses.....

Back
Top Bottom