Thought for the day.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Long weekend... :drool: We won't get another one until Queen's birthday in June. Then nothing till November... but I'm going away in August :D

Anyway, hope you're having a great weekend, and don't stress! :hug:

Alisaura said:
Long weekend... :drool: We won't get another one until Queen's birthday in June. Then nothing till November... but I'm going away in August :D

Anyway, hope you're having a great weekend, and don't stress! :hug:

Thanks...It's nice to have Monday off but I know come Thursday I'll be crapping myself...ack.....

Find that rescue remedy!!! You know we're all here for you anytime day or night, one of us is always around to lend an ear and give support. Remember you're not alone :hug: and just keep baby or JT Bono in your mind while going through the tests....remember it's his birthday!!! And if all else fails, write like there's no tomorrow..... :evil:

gluey said:
Find that rescue remedy!!! You know we're all here for you anytime day or night, one of us is always around to lend an ear and give support. Remember you're not alone :hug: and just keep baby or JT Bono in your mind while going through the tests....remember it's his birthday!!! And if all else fails, write like there's no tomorrow..... :evil:

Thanks, Gluey. It means a lot. :hug: And I will find out about that remedy. I'll need something to calm my nerves by then...ack.... My family (parents, sister) are being very good. They're doing what they always do in the face of something unpleasant - they make jokes about it and see the funny side of things. It might sound bizare but it's the way we cope with things in our family. Make the person concerned laugh. (I think maybe that we're all a little mad..:lol: )

Hubby keeps telling me I've got nothing to worry about and that 'they'd' have found something by now if it was bad news but I never believe anything until I get it in black and white. My parents are elderly and don't know what tests I'm going for, only that they're tests. They don't need that kind of information at their age so me and my sister are keeping it quiet. Hopefully I can tell them later that it was all just a scare...

ok...I like I said at the begining of the thread; I 'll probably end up rambling...:reject:

Anyways, I'm doing what you suggested: writing like a mad person. Got quite a bit more Christine done and a little Diaries... and maybe in a few weeks I'll feel cheery enough to write some more Drawers...until then...thank you.. :kiss:

BTW, I will think of JT and Baby B during the tests... :evil: The only problem with that is the technicians will probably be wondering what I'm smiling about...hee hee..

Your family sound exactly like mine. When faced with problems, stresses or trauma we turn to humour. Some people think we aren't taking the situation as seriously as it deserves, but we are, and we're using the humour to help us cope. It works for us, like it does for you, and that's the main thing. We always joke and say "It helps to be mad!". When my Dad was going through his illness, surgery and complications the last couple of months, the scarier things got, the more we joked over it. My brothers girlfriend had a go at us for belittling the situation, but that was never the case, and I think she sees that now although she still won't share a joke with us!

Oooh more Christine & Diaries!! Just don't be too greedy and keep them to yourself for too long....it's nice to share :evil:

I sooooooo get the thing about smiling during the tests....:giggle:...:evil:

Ok, it's obviously my turn to ramble... :D

I meant to say too, that you're doing the right thing by not worrying your parents. I had a melanoma (skin cancer) scare when my Dad was very sick. Only my sister and my husband knew about it. I had it removed and waited a week for the results to come back which were thankfully clear. It was scary, but it was far better to tell them after the event when we KNEW things were ok, rather than to give them extra stress when they couldn't handle it

:hug:

here's a :hug:. I know it's closer to 'D-Day' and I just want to let you know that you're not alone. And I KNOW you'll be just fine.

YDW,
I understand your anxiety... I'm waiting on some test results right now from a procedure on April 28. We really expected to hear from my Dr. by last Friday & every day that goes by when I don't hear from her is one more with a revolving door of emotions: worry, ambivalence, anger, worry, optimism, ambivalence..... you get the picture. :D

Try to take the advice I give Mr. Blu (and should follow myself!) when things like this come along: Don't create problems by worrying what MIGHT or MIGHT NOT be. Get the facts of the matter, then deal with that - nothing more or less.

Easier said than done, I know. But we'll all be sending good vibes your way on Thursday & like it's already been pointed out - that's B's birthday, which has to be a good omen! :bono: :up: :hug:

gluey said:
here's a :hug:. I know it's closer to 'D-Day' and I just want to let you know that you're not alone. And I KNOW you'll be just fine.

Thanks Gluey..Ack I'll be glad when this is all over. Still, like you suggested, it'll be fun lying there and thinking of Bono (good job I ain't going for any 'ladies' probs isn't it..how would I explain that away! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: ).

Anyway, this time tomorrow I'll be lying there like a chicken on a spit, turning this way and that so that they can xray my insides... I guess I'd better not turn up sloshing with vodka then!

..and of course, now I know I'm gonna be thinking of Bono, I'm gonna be thinking of you girls as well and grinning like a Cheshire cat! :lol:

BluRmGrl said:
YDW,
I understand your anxiety... I'm waiting on some test results right now from a procedure on April 28. We really expected to hear from my Dr. by last Friday & every day that goes by when I don't hear from her is one more with a revolving door of emotions: worry, ambivalence, anger, worry, optimism, ambivalence..... you get the picture. :D

Try to take the advice I give Mr. Blu (and should follow myself!) when things like this come along: Don't create problems by worrying what MIGHT or MIGHT NOT be. Get the facts of the matter, then deal with that - nothing more or less.

Easier said than done, I know. But we'll all be sending good vibes your way on Thursday & like it's already been pointed out - that's B's birthday, which has to be a good omen! :bono: :up: :hug:

BRG; thank you for your message. I totally agree with you when it comes to not worrying about things until they happen, but it's not that easy sometimes, as you know. Luckily for me I've a great sense of humour which should help me although I guess there are some things that humour just won't reach.

As for your results, I work within the medical area; admin, not professional, however, I do know that if you pester them they'll get so fed up of you that they'll get your results organised quicker. Don't wait until they contact you - you contact them. Sometimes things get left on a back burner and it takes the pt to push it through. I'm not saying this happens all the time but it does happen occasionally.

Sometimes the results end up at the wrong surgery/medical centre and then they have to go all through the system again to find the right place. So, if you haven't heard yet, get on the phone and tell them exactly where you went, what you went for, the date, the consultant( if you had one), your date of birth and address. That way they can't get you mixed up with someone else and will also be able to locate your records quicker.

Mostly, the health service works very well but like everything else, there can be hiccoughs..

I hope everything is ok with you. I think sometimes everyone goes through 'a scare'. Maybe it's just our turn...:hug:

Thinking of Bono/U2 is always a good plan... I was doing a similar thing when I got a whole bunch of fillings done a couple of months ago. (Except it was a lot harder to smile then! :giggle: )
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow (or the next day, these time zones are doing my head in) - I'm sure you will be fine, and Bono won't want you to be stressing on his birthday. :wink:

:hug: Here's some good luck hugs for today. I KNOW you'll be fine, and like you say, thank goodness it's not womens problems...I daren't imagine the thoughts of Bono that would be going through your head with THAT examination!!! :giggle:
I will be thinking of you, good luck... :hug:

Thanks again girls for your concern. I've been, gone and come back. The tests took just under 2 hours and they were ok. The consultant said they look normal so far but he'd be taking a closer look later.

And yes, I thought of you and Bono whilst lying there in my Bridget Jones knickers and wishing the guy who performed the tests wasn't so young...:reject:

I did get to wondering what the B was gonna get for his birthday..:drool: so I sent some vibes from the hospital his way wishing him a good one....(it just has to be better then my day!!)

youvedonewhat said:

Thanks. :kiss: I'm glad that those are done. Just gotta see if the consultant wants me to have any more...I hope not...:yuck:

YDW, I hope everything turns out okay. Sometimes it seems like "it's just one thing after another", doesn't it?

Sending hugs and good vibes your way! :hug:

MsPurrl said:

YDW, I hope everything turns out okay. Sometimes it seems like "it's just one thing after another", doesn't it?

Sending hugs and good vibes your way! :hug:

Thanks MsP.. I know what you mean about one thing after another... it just seems to go on and on sometimes doesn't it...:angry: I try to put it into steps on a ladder, one step up and then forget it until the next one. Not that easy though..ack...

It helps coming in here and drooling over our delicious B, I have to admit. And the ppl in here are very special. They're all so nice. :hug: Thanks again.

youvedonewhat said:

Thanks MsP.. I know what you mean about one thing after another... it just seems to go on and on sometimes doesn't it...:angry: I try to put it into steps on a ladder, one step up and then forget it until the next one. Not that easy though..ack...

It helps coming in here and drooling over our delicious B, I have to admit. And the ppl in here are very special. They're all so nice. :hug: Thanks again.

Back at you, lady! :hug:

Hey there....How are you doing? :hug:
I hope your weekend has gone ok and you're taking the time to look after yourself!!! :wink:
I don't know if it's relevant, any use, or just plain nonsense, but I thought I'd share with you something I learned while nursing my dear father in law through 5 months of Acute Leukaemia......I was stressing, letting everything get on top of me, and not coping very well at all with what he was going through, and the fact we were going to lose him. I was the main support person for him and my mother in law and spent literally every day with them, helping them. I got to the point where I suddenly realised that I needed to have a 'mental shift'. That there are things in life you literally have no control over, and stressing about things you cannot change only puts more burden on what sometimes can already be a troubled soul. I decided that I was going to live and enjoy the 'here and now', and no longer stress and be chewed up by the stuff in life I can't change or control. I tell you what, although it doesn't solve a lot of stuff, it helped me incredibly and I was then able to 'enjoy' those last precious months with a wonderful man. It put things in perspective, and although there were many horrible hospital visits in the visiting sense, it changed my focus....then of course I would blast my U2 cd's in the car on the way home for therapy! :D

Sorry if I've babbled on, but I just thought maybe sharing with you might open up another window for you, then again, maybe not!! :hug: But at the end of the day you're not alone, because we'd never let you escape from our clutches :evil:!!!

gluey said:
Hey there....How are you doing? :hug:
I hope your weekend has gone ok and you're taking the time to look after yourself!!! :wink:
I don't know if it's relevant, any use, or just plain nonsense, but I thought I'd share with you something I learned while nursing my dear father in law through 5 months of Acute Leukaemia......I was stressing, letting everything get on top of me, and not coping very well at all with what he was going through, and the fact we were going to lose him. I was the main support person for him and my mother in law and spent literally every day with them, helping them. I got to the point where I suddenly realised that I needed to have a 'mental shift'. That there are things in life you literally have no control over, and stressing about things you cannot change only puts more burden on what sometimes can already be a troubled soul. I decided that I was going to live and enjoy the 'here and now', and no longer stress and be chewed up by the stuff in life I can't change or control. I tell you what, although it doesn't solve a lot of stuff, it helped me incredibly and I was then able to 'enjoy' those last precious months with a wonderful man. It put things in perspective, and although there were many horrible hospital visits in the visiting sense, it changed my focus....then of course I would blast my U2 cd's in the car on the way home for therapy! :D

Sorry if I've babbled on, but I just thought maybe sharing with you might open up another window for you, then again, maybe not!! :hug: But at the end of the day you're not alone, because we'd never let you escape from our clutches :evil:!!!

Thank you for this, Gluey. :hug: I know what you're saying. I'm quite good at telling other folk not to worry over what you can't change but am I any good at doing it myself? No, not especially. I am trying to change who I am when it comes to worrying. I'm much better then I was and I do try to see things from different angles now. Things don't worry me as much as they used to. I learned that last year when I ended up being off work due to stress...ack.... I simply took things far too seriously, got weighed down with all the things I have to do and they kept on piling it onto me until I finally lost it.

Now, I try to think; 'bugger it' only not quite so politely! :evil:

I guess I'll always be a worrier... I just have to remind myself that not everything is as 'bad' or as 'important' as I first think. And regarding accepting things you can't change makes a lot of sense. It's getting there that's the problem. Still, I am trying. I am trying to be more laid back. And I wish I was the laid back type. I'm sure they live longer then the worriers... :giggle:

And it's so nice to come in here and spend a little time with ppl who share my likes (and drools) and interests. And it goes without saying that loosing oneself in U2 is the best tonic one can have. I thought it was only me whose mood lifted whenever I heard the band on the radio or blasted them when I got home. (I've only got a crappy tape deck in the car...:reject: and that runs slow. Bono sounds like he's dropping off to sleep, hee hee), so I have to wait til I get home to do some serious damage to my eardrums.

....I know, I'm rambling again. I seem to be getting worse as I grow older..ack.. Anyway, thanks again Gluey. ;)

BTW, I'm almost ready to post... I'll tell you here so that you don't venture over to fanfic to find I'm just rabbiting..

Last edited:
Sleepy Bono... :hmm:

:hug: I second what gluey said, but I'm the same way; I can tell others not to stress, but it's another matter for myself. :wink:

U2 mood-lifts :up:

From one rambler to another... :hug:

Back
Top Bottom