Those PLEBANS that have been to Dublin....please help me!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
Mom and I just got back from Dublin last week. We had a rental car, and one day I told her I wanted to find Mount Temple. We took the directions I had which were "On Malahide road" along with the information from the phone book "Malahide road" and took off. We were coming from the north(Malahide)and never found it. We found Malahide road, all sorts of schools, no mount temple. I even asked someone...they sent me in what seemed the opposite direction, but maybe it was the right way.
It's been driving me nuts because I feel like we were so close. Mom did not want to get into town, because she didn't want to drive in downtown Dublin(I don't blame her), so when we got within 1km, we turned around.
The walking directions I have are from the city center, but once you hit malahide road, the directions don't say anything else.
I guess I just need help from someone who has been there...

Mrs.Clayton

I wish I could help you but, while I was in Dublin in Sept I didn't go to Mount Temple. I had heard it's private so I thought what's the use?

Anyway, I did get to see 10 Cedarwood Road and got great pics as well as lots of other U2 sites, Windmill Lane...Dockers etc.

I don't blame your mum for not driving in city centre. I thought about renting a car until I got into the airport and saw the roads. NO WAY! Maybe in the countryside or Galway but no way in dublin.
Besides the DART and buses get you where you need to go. I took a bus right to Cedarwood Road for about 1 euro!

I miss Dublin.

I loved it!

Mount Temple was about 5 minutes away from the bed and breakfast we were staying at... the owners of the place actually took us, by car, to go see the school.

I know it's on Malahide road or something like that.... but it's really really hard to find... really easy to miss... maybe that's what happened.

If you don't know exactly how to get there, it's practically impossible to get there easily. :huh:

Hi Mrs. Clayton,
when I had my stay at Dublin the information on atu2.com where very helpful in finding U2ey places. This is what it says about Mount Temple.

dublinmap.gif

Address:
Malahide Road. North side of town. From the Point Depot (see #7 above), go north on East Wall Road. Go past Fairview Park, and turn right on Annesley Br. Turn left onto Malahide Road, and the school is a half-kilometre up the road on your right, just past Copeland. (source: atu2.com)

Good to know for the next time! I am cooooooming hoooooooome!

Jenny;) :adam:

Thank you all for your help....I think Melpop is right, it must be easy to miss. I too had the directions from atu2.com, but I noticed the bit about "half kilometer up, just past copeland"-I didn't have that small detail.
Oh well, there's always next time.
Thanks again!! :wink:
Mrs.Clayton

You gals will never believe this...
I'm 100% positive my mother and I drove by Mount Temple 4 times...I remember seeing this golf course twice(at least)and the other times, I was looking at the fire brigade training center because it sort of looked like the school....I even had mom pull into the fire brigade just to settle my mind
:mad: :banghead: :mad:

map1.jpg

I guess the entrance to the school was somewhere near the golf course...we also went down Howth road...

Only I could miss something like this....
Oh well, like I said...next time I'll know........
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Melpop said:
Mount Temple was about 5 minutes away from the bed and breakfast we were staying at... the owners of the place actually took us, by car, to go see the school.

I know it's on Malahide road or something like that.... but it's really really hard to find... really easy to miss... maybe that's what happened.

If you don't know exactly how to get there, it's practically impossible to get there easily. :huh:

Hi Mel! Do you remember the name of the BnB where you stayed? I'm leaving for Dublin in like a week and a half and would love to do some U2 touring. :) Any other Dublin advice anyone has is welcome, too! :)

Thanks,
Sherry Darlin

Back
Top Bottom