Those little Yahoo! dolls you can design yourself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laurel Hill

The Fly
If you have a Yahoo! email, you can do this. When you log in and it says 'welcome -------' there is a little outline of person's head. Click on this and you can start to design a little doll of yourself! It's so much fun, you get faces, hair, clothes, and backgrounds. I was thinking, instead of yourself, you could make a band member for fun! The problem is, I can't find a way to save them to post them. When I try to right click, it only says 'about macromedia flash'. So if any of you computer geniuses can figure out a way to save them, let us all know! I thought everybody might have fun doing this and showing off their dolls.

Mine looks just like me ... bitchy look and all :lol:

yahooav.jpg

I did something completely different, Jules. You can send your avatar pic as a postcard email. I then saved the pic, and uploaded it to photobucket. That should work.

I stole this from QB :wink:

Queen Bee said:

1. Press the Print Screen key on your keyboard.

2. Open an image editing program, such as Microsoft Paint.

3. Go to the Edit menu and choose Paste.

4. If prompted to enlarge the image, choose Yes.

5. Go to the File Menu and choose Save As.

6. Navigate to the folder where you want to save the image.

7. Type a file name for the image.

9. Select a file type.

10. Click the Save button.

or, try what Thora suggested :)

Not sure what I did to make it blurry, but here's mine with an actual recent picture for comparison.
3468873%3A5%7Ffp339%3Enu%3D3243%3E872%3E7%3B4%3EWSNRCG%3D323366%3B36%3A9%3B6nu0mrj

And the expression in this shot was 'You're not seriously taking my picture with that camera phone, are you?" The answer, obviously, was 'Yes'. :eyebrow: :happy:

3468873%3A5%7Ffp345%3Enu%3D3243%3E872%3E7%3B4%3EWSNRCG%3D323366985%3A%3A97nu0mrj

I usta use the face for my avatar (I did the postcard thingy above). I tried the QueenBee version that Souly posted above, and it worked.

YahooLila-full.jpg

Here's mine that I made last autumn! The pumpkins in the background have a double meaning, I'm a gardener by proffesion (even though I've never grown pumpkins!:wink: ) and my birthday is on the same day as our Larry's! And I'm sure you can all guess who inspired the cowboy hat!?! :sexywink:

And I actually own jeans that colour and a similar styled blouse and prefer to go bare foot whenever the weather and surroundings will allow!! :D

Last edited:
ThoraSEB said:
I did something completely different, Jules. You can send your avatar pic as a postcard email. I then saved the pic, and uploaded it to photobucket. That should work.

I'm going to try that, nothing else has worked :huh: Thanks for the advice everyone. All your dolls are great!

Back
Top Bottom