this week's misc. U2ey-ness...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Dang, I've been so busy lately, my time with the Pleba gals is getting shorter and shorter. Blargh. But the last few days have had their shining U2ey moments:

Last Sat. night, I finally did what I've wanted to do for awhile: got up and SANG in front of people!
eek.gif
Yeah, it was only karaoke, but still! There were NO U2 songs to be had (the noive!!) so I did the next best thing: Daydream Believer! I even did the little Davey Jones/Axl Rose snake dance! (Mona should be so proud o' me)

Driving around w/my friend Karen the other day, BD comes on the radio. she says, Oh, I love this song, can you turn it up? TURN UP U2??? But of course dahling! She likes the song SO much, she thought it was on the JT album, so went and bought the JT DVD...and she doesnt' even have a DVD player!
biggrin.gif
*must find way to get self invited over*

Then tonight, stopped at Ross for a mo. Not in the mood to buy when suddenly (fanfare), there it is. A ruffled shirt. In my size. Very cute. $6.99. That puppy was gone with the wind!
biggrin.gif

So...what U2 mayhem you gals been up to this week?

*+*disco*+*

what colour is the ruffled shirt??

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

I played the droooms day before yesterday...i went to MikeSt's uncle's house and he had a drumkit and I sat down and started banging on it
biggrin.gif
Next thing ya know I was playing Sunday Bloody Sunday, I will follow and I still haven't found
biggrin.gif
I didn't know I could play them but it was really awesome but my arms still hurt today
frown.gif
Oi I dunno how Larry can play so many songs

------------------
THE Larry Mullen Jr Page

Member and Creator of Larry's Angels Harley Club.

"I hit things for a living. I hit things and people clap!" --Larry
larry%20kicking%20ass.gif

[This message has been edited by Mullen-Girl (edited 03-13-2002).]

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Aw Disco!! Snake dancing reminded you of ME?
biggrin.gif

P.S. I WANNA DO KARAOKE!!!!

P.P.S. *struuum*

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Kick start my rock 'n rollin? heart. ~J.E.W.

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

?Naughty pop star? ~Bono Get on the Boos

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 03-13-2002).]

Originally posted by Discoteque:

Axl Rose snake dance!
B]

i love that dance. good on u 4 getting up and singing, i would never b able to do that which is a good thing since well my singing isnt exactly ahem, up to bono's standerd. in other words i sing like a crow

------------------
i'm already gone, felt that way all along

Hey Disco! That's cool that you did kareoke! I'm the drooomer in my band...and I don't have any idea how my friend Karina (the lead singer) can get up there!
biggrin.gif

PS-MG I looove your sig!
tongue.gif

She's alive!!!

hehe. Seriously tho, Disco, I was just about to post a thread saying how much you were missed and where were you anyways???

Nice to see that you're still having a good time and rocking to U2.
biggrin.gif

Disco~ I found a RUFFLED SHIRT this week, too!
It's BLACK!
And it has these cool cuffed sleeves that when you turn them down, they make.....
BONO SLEEVES!!!
biggrin.gif

Also, I caught my Mom talking to my aunt (who was visiting)this past weekend about Bono. We were in the Mustang listening to ATYCLB & I was in my own little world, singing away, when suddenly:

Aunt Joy: I like this song... what is it?
Mom: Beautiful Day... It's my favorite! This whole CD is really good!
Aunt Joy: His voice is so good! I loved the one he did with Frank Sinatra.
Mom: I think he's SEXY! Don't you think so?
Aunt Joy: Oh, yeah! Next to Elvis, he's the cutest thing I've ever seen!
(side note: my aunt was, is, & will always be an ELVIS FREAK, so this is a great compliment coming from her!)

I just sat back, giggling the whole time!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~
** Official Minister of Swagger for L.E.A.T.H.E.R. **

[This message has been edited by Julyfly (edited 03-13-2002).]

Originally posted by WildHonee:
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Aw Disco!! Snake dancing reminded you of ME?
biggrin.gif

P.S. I WANNA DO KARAOKE!!!!

P.P.S. *struuum*

Hey, whatever happened to the band? Then you wouldn't have to do karaoke, you could sing with the band. *breaks out castanets* I'm ready...

------------------
Every question possesses a power that does not lie in the answer.

Me too!

Disco, you're not going to believe this.... I'm seriously considering buying a freakin' drumkit. I'm not considering it, I'm actually going to buy one.
biggrin.gif

Yay. I've been playing on my best friend's boyfriend Sal's drumkit and I'm soooooo in awe.

Hey, Mullen Girl.... how the heck do you get Larry to move like that? Can you e-mail me? That would totally make my day...
biggrin.gif
dkscully03@yahoo.com

Rock on!

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Ah, yes...a wonderfully U2-ey week so far! I've been able to listen to my heart's content anytime I wanted because I haven't had school to interfere with my addiction!
biggrin.gif

So anyway, here's my VERY U2-ey moment that just about tops all the U2 moments I've had so far
biggrin.gif

So my mom's boyfriend works at Aerosoles (a shoe store) and he brings home this catalogue and I'm looking through a just about have a heart attack/ spaz attack because this is what I see:

DISCO TEC
000001679.jpg

Baring, daring slides for dancing chic to chic. Strippy knotted straps with metallic glints atop the sleekest 3" heel; Aerosoles` flexible sole assures comfort all night long.

And then I see this:

SASSY TASSY
000001625.jpg

Tailored and tasseled mule with fresh lines highlighted by contrast edging. Comfortable flexible sole with 1 1/2o heel.

I was LMAO and my family couldn't understand why! I mean, who would have thought that the people naming the Aerosoles shoes would be U2 fans!
wink.gif

I thought the Disco Tec shoes were incredibly appropriate for this thread! (Glad to see you back Disco! You've been missed!)

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I wish you all much U2-ey-ness and love!

------------------
When you've seen beyond yourself
then you may find peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come when you see we're all one
And life flows on within you and without you.

"You say 'erbs' and we say 'herbs' because there's a fucking 'h' in it!"

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

hippy~ LMAO! Who knew? I want some of those shoes!

OOH! I remembered something else from this past weekend! I was looking through the Sunday paper and all the sale ads.
CVS (drugstore) had the CUTEST little outside grill on sale....
It's called "Sparky"!
biggrin.gif

Isn't that the cutest thing?

------------------

oh my gaw! how hiLARRYous, hippy!! Well, I must be getting old cos whereas I USED to like the Disco shoes (duh!), I actually want a pair of them thar sassy tassles shoes!!
biggrin.gif

Moonie - you're buying a drum kit? Girl, you're freakin me out!
eek.gif
GOOD FOR YOU! I love the way U2 rubs off on us and makes us stretch ourselves all for the love of the boys...and you better let me know about your first gig!
smile.gif
(but I'm wondering if you're going to ever take accordian lessons again???) Bwahahaha...

Originally posted by hippyactress:
Ah, yes...a wonderfully U2-ey week so far! I've been able to listen to my heart's content anytime I wanted because I haven't had school to interfere with my addiction!
biggrin.gif

So anyway, here's my VERY U2-ey moment that just about tops all the U2 moments I've had so far
biggrin.gif

DISCO TEC
000001679.jpg

000001625.jpg

*bump for Hippy*

Hippy, thanks again for making me aware of the snooty booty. i wore them to work today and they are really causing a lot of guys heads to turn..lmfao...the funniest thing happen as I was walking in to my office building this morning. Since it is raining outside, i decided to go into the building a different way and well needless to say there was this man smoking his cigarette outside the enterance i was walking towards...when he saw me walking up to the door he quickly jumped to open the door and said with a big smile "I like your BOOTS!" lmao..i said "oh why thank you" and walked in acting all cool, well since it is raining the floors are slick and well, I found myself almost busting my ass in front of this man...Gah what a funny moment, i was trying to act all cool in the snooty booties and i almost bust ass. leave it to me!
wink.gif

This morning on my way to work, I was behind this big 18 wheeler truck. I happened to notice this in the very top righthand corner:
U28825

I have no idea what this means, but in my mind, it's definitely U2-ey.

------------------
I THINK, THEREFORE, U2

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
*bump for Hippy*

Hippy, thanks again for making me aware of the snooty booty. i wore them to work today and they are really causing a lot of guys heads to turn..lmfao...the funniest thing happen as I was walking in to my office building this morning. Since it is raining outside, i decided to go into the building a different way and well needless to say there was this man smoking his cigarette outside the enterance i was walking towards...when he saw me walking up to the door he quickly jumped to open the door and said with a big smile "I like your BOOTS!" lmao..i said "oh why thank you" and walked in acting all cool, well since it is raining the floors are slick and well, I found myself almost busting my ass in front of this man...Gah what a funny moment, i was trying to act all cool in the snooty booties and i almost bust ass. leave it to me!
wink.gif

LMAO Iris! That's so funny!
biggrin.gif

Thanks for sharing with me!
wink.gif

------------------
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Hey Hippy,
I was checking the aerosoles site for shoes since you mentioned it and look what I also found

Party Curl
333%3B643523232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D89%3C%3D959%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A373%3A%3B%3B%3Bot1lsi

It does seem that they are U2 fans.
smile.gif

Oh wait another thing

Disco Tech Bag
333%3B646%3B23232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A%3B%3E868%3Ewsnrcg%3D323239465547%3Cnu0mrj

Party Curl Bag
333%3B646%3B23232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A%3B%3E868%3Ewsnrcg%3D323239465%3A92%3Anu0mrj

BTW Miss Velvetdress, I saw your boots online at aerosoles.com and am considering buying them, they are cute! Are they comfy?

[This message has been edited by Lise (edited 04-09-2002).]

Originally posted by Lise:

BTW Miss Velvetdress, I saw your boots online at aerosoles.com and am considering buying them, they are cute! Are they comfy?

[This message has been edited by Lise (edited 04-09-2002).]

yes, they are very comfy. i wore them all day from 8AM-12:30AM and not once did i complain about my feet hurting.
biggrin.gif
buy them, they are great! the site at the time of purchase stated that they were onsale for $19.99, but when i got the both pairs that i ordered, i was only charged $15.99..Woohoo, what a deal.

------------------
AIM: MissVelvetDress

Plug for Aerosoles:

I have a couple of pair of Areosoles shoes (sandals that is, but they have other ones) and they are comfiest pairs of shoes I have ever owned. I would reccommend them to everyone!
biggrin.gif

------------------
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Back
Top Bottom