This is meant in good fun, but....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starsgoblue

Blue Crack Addict
I was wondering if anyone had the video or pics of when our Bono took a tumble off the stage at the opening show of the Elevation tour. It came up in conversation somehow tonight and my friend thought I was making it up, so can you help me prove her wrong?!

I don't have the video clip saved but I know it exists. Maybe she'll believe Edge? :wink: Here's a chat transcript where he mentions it.

http://www.u2station.com/documents/transcripts/edge_transcript2.txt

Peter asks: What would you do if you fell off the stage? - Answer: I don't know,
probably climb back out and carry on. I did have a slight shock when Bono fell of
the stage on the opening night, but he didn't fall very far fortunately. I have
fallen off stage on a couple of occasions. The first thing is to protect the
guitar, because you can fix an ankle, you can fix a bruise, but when you break a
guitar that's the end of it.

Save the guitar, not the ankle... :laugh:

:lol: That's cute! "The first thing is to protect the guitar"
Well, with my luck, if I fell with a guitar it would be the guitar that injured me:huh:
How do you protect a guirat while flalling? Just make sure it lands on top of ya? lol.

Protect the guitar. :yes:

That's the first thing I would be concerned with, too.

And if it were me, who4life, yes, I would try to have the guitar land on top of me, if there was no way I thought I could land on my feet.

He did look really shaken for a few seconds. Climbed back up on stage and then just lay there trying to collect himself. He managed to hang on to his dignity, which is more than most people could have. I really wouldn't want to see that clip again; it's not Bono at his best, that's for sure.

I remember that! It was two nights before my show in Atlanta and I had goosebumps anticipating what I was in for! I'd forgotten the Dewey Decimal System at work. Concentrating at the library that week was tough, to say the least.

I want to see it, too.

Do you ever wonder why some of us want to see this kind of stuff? Maybe it has something to doing with making him/them seem more human or something. I'm a klutz and I do that kind of thing all the time. Well, not falling off stages, but you get the idea. Kind of relate to him, in a small way.

What do you think?

That's probably what it is. I also love watching America's Funniest Home Videos when "ordinary" people do that kinda stuff. I must be a sadist! But Bono is a god to me, the idea the guy can fall off a stage and still recover smoothly...I don't know if that'd just improve the thought or not! If I fell off a stage I don't know what I'd do!

Eh I just watched it out of curiosity I guess. If I find it again I'll share it for you girls. :)

The only things I've really felt weird/bad about looking at were some of the family photos (like the vacation ones, etc) and especially of Bob Hewson's funeral. :sigh:

neutral said:
Eh I just watched it out of curiosity I guess. If I find it again I'll share it for you girls. :)

The only things I've really felt weird/bad about looking at were some of the family photos (like the vacation ones, etc) and especially of Bob Hewson's funeral. :sigh:

Yeah if you could track it down that'd be cool.

Yeah I wouldn't feel right either about Bono's fathers funeral....If I were a celebrity and camerapeople actually showed up to take pictures of my mourning, I would flip right out and crack some heads. It must be hard to control yourself in times like that if you're a celeb.

My mom took me somewhere with her when i was little and it was sometin important that she had to go to and she was talkin to some woman, and i went over and peed in the corner cause my mom wouldnt take me to the bathroom :lmao: Memories... I SWEAR!

Oh, santa always scared me, I've never sat on him, NEVER I always cried when my mom tried to get me to lol.

Last edited:
Ok you knowwhat...I'm going to tell you guys something I did when I was little that I've never told anyone....

I did worse than pee...I did something else in the middle of a bookstore. :reject: I don't remember any of this but apparently I went and told my poor mother what I did, and loudly!

Back
Top Bottom