This is going to sound funny......................

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
But when people in this forum go to meet the band "at their hotel" or "downtown", how do you even begin to guess where they might be?
I've known for awhile now that when they were in Seattle in April, they were here for three days. Three days!!
I try to not think about it, it really makes me angry. I had days off from work when they were here, and I didn't even try to find them. What kind of fan am I??????
Anyways, back to my original question.......
how do you know where they guys are going to stay??? Do they always stay in the same hotel, or do they change each time they visit??
Just wonderin' for next time.

Slow night.....................
Seriously, I haven't brought up the topic because it's like pouring salt on a paper cut.....it really upsets me, frustrates me.

Maybe I'll just play "Oh, I'm visiting Seattle from ______ and when U2 is here, do you know where they stay or eat?" I could go to every major hotel and pull that one, I wonder how far I could get?????

I have no clue....I guess that's one of the reasons I've never met them yet. *sigh*

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I have no clue....I guess that's one of the reasons I've never met them yet. *sigh*

Same here. My guess would be a fancy hotel. You might have better luck finding them at the actual venue, because they are sure to be there
wink.gif

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

during the tour...they were staying at the 4 seasons hotel...or the omni (spelling???)...

i knew about this and i haven't met them!!!
frown.gif

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

want to know something really frustrating and sad? I found out they spent some time the afternoon of the Pittsburgh show at the Andy Warhol Museum here in town. I am an employee of the Museums and could've gone. It was an open reception for management...and I had just been promoted that January...*sigh*

I was so distraught when I discovered....

------------------
***ALOTWU***

The only thing I know is that they apparantly only stay in 5 star hotels, and 4 star if you town has no 5. Unfortunatly though, in a large city there are most likely more then 1 5 star hotel.

Sorry, I know that was no help at all
biggrin.gif

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Well, I heard they stayed at the Seattle Four Seasons hotel............and they went to the EMP(a music museum here). I sat next to a girl on the return flight from Vegas who told me where they eat dinner in Seattle, but she couldn't remember the name of the place(that helps a lot).
Their plane was about a mile away from my house for 3 days, but did I try to see it?
NO
This is really making me mad........

If the town does not have a fancy enough hotel, they will not stay there! They did not stay in Charlotte, they flew from Miami and headed to Atlanta. They did not stay in Lexington, they flew from Cleveland and back. I have never met the band and don't know how so many people do. I'm not that lucky. I think the ones who meet them several times must know something/somebody. I have found the band very inaccessible.

I've heard many people say that they stay in "Four Season" Hotels (like Madamc mentioned)... and that's where they stayed when they were in Toronto....

------------------
You're taking steps that make you feel dizzy
Then you learn to like the way it feels
You hurt yourself you hurt your lover
Then you discover
What you thought was freedom is just greed

[This message has been edited by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen (edited 03-08-2002).]

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
But when people in this forum go to meet the band "at their hotel" or "downtown", how do you even begin to guess where they might be?
I've known for awhile now that when they were in Seattle in April, they were here for three days. Three days!!
I try to not think about it, it really makes me angry. I had days off from work when they were here, and I didn't even try to find them. What kind of fan am I??????
Anyways, back to my original question.......
how do you know where they guys are going to stay??? Do they always stay in the same hotel, or do they change each time they visit??
Just wonderin' for next time.

Very good question! I've often wondered how people figure out where they are staying and stuff.. I tried to meet them as they drove in for the Philly show in Nov. I waited, but they were running late, and I had to get back in the GA line. It was either get inside the Heart or have the chance to meet them... I opted for the Heart!!

I guess alot of it is being at the right place at the right time.. I have a friend who met Bono while he was in NYC. This was back during the JT era. He was just walking down the street, and there was Bono passing him on the street... I don't think I have that kind of luck...

That's it with me too Shygirl, I mean if you leave the GA line for a chance to meet them you will miss your spot. I missed out meeting them greeting the fans 3 times because I was in the wrong spot and was afraid if I left I'd lose my spot. I waited for awhile, and while I was gone the line moved up. Luckily someone moved my stuff up for me and didn't throw me out. If you leave the arena grounds for hours it's too risky to lose your spot, and I know with my luck I'd lose BOTH, my spot AND miss them anyway! Waiting after the show never paid off either. I have had no luck with 'inside info' like I say some people must know something. About your friend just 'bumping into' JT Bono, I WOULD DROP DEAD!!! AAHHHHHH!!

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 03-08-2002).]

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
That's it with me too Shygirl, I mean if you leave the GA line for a chance to meet them you will miss your spot. I missed out meeting them greeting the fans 3 times because I was in the wrong spot and was afraid if I left I'd lose my spot. I waited for awhile, and while I was gone the line moved up. Luckily someone moved my stuff up for me and didn't throw me out. If you leave the arena grounds for hours it's too risky to lose your spot, and I know with my luck I'd lose BOTH, my spot AND miss them anyway! Waiting after the show never paid off either. I have had no luck with 'inside info' like I say some people must know something. About your friend just 'bumping into' JT Bono, I WOULD DROP DEAD!!! AAHHHHHH!!

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 03-08-2002).]

Speaking of chance meetings. I just remembered another story. This guy I knew in college met Edge in a pub in Dublin. He isn't even a really big U2 fan. He was there with some friends and noticed this guy sitting alone. It was during the JT era, so Edge had on one of his well known hats. So, my friend just walked up and asked for an autogragh. Edge politely said that he didn't want to attract any attention, but he invited my friend to sit and have a pint with him. They chatted for a while, and then Edge left. Pretty cool! Of course when I'm in Ireland, they are no where to be found!

Originally posted by Shygirl:

Speaking of chance meetings. I just remembered another story. This guy I knew in college met Edge in a pub in Dublin. He isn't even a really big U2 fan. He was there with some friends and noticed this guy sitting alone. It was during the JT era, so Edge had on one of his well known hats. So, my friend just walked up and asked for an autogragh. Edge politely said that he didn't want to attract any attention, but he invited my friend to sit and have a pint with him. They chatted for a while, and then Edge left. Pretty cool! Of course when I'm in Ireland, they are no where to be found!

Cool story!!!!!

Chance meetings are cool, but I get kind of tired of casual fans or someone who barely knows who they are running into them while so many of us diehards can't get to them no matter how hard we try. Cool stories though.
I'm sure if I was in Ireland and went everywhere they go I'd miss them by a few minutes every time. I am cursed, I will never meet them.
frown.gif

I guess part of me is (glad?) I haven't run into any of them......if I were to meet them, I'd want to be calm, rational, normal. I know(right now) if I were to meet them, I'd probably freak out. I don't necessarily think I'd scream and shreik like a 13 year old, but I wouldn't put it past me. If I were luckily enough to meet anybody in the band, I'd want them to leave thinking "Wow, she was normal, not freaky or psycho at all"

I know exactly where they stay in L.A. because a friend of mine works there and gave Adam a massage on a number of occasions over the years. But I'll never tell because she wants to keep on giving Adam those massages and I am sworn to secrecy. Anyway, that's one of the ways you find out where they stay.

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
I know exactly where they stay in L.A. because a friend of mine works there and gave Adam a massage on a number of occasions over the years. But I'll never tell because she wants to keep on giving Adam those massages and I am sworn to secrecy. Anyway, that's one of the ways you find out where they stay.

redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif
MASSAGING ADAM!!!!
redface.gif
redface.gif

lucky
frown.gif

------------------

I guess part of me is (glad?) I haven't run into any of them......if I were to meet them, I'd want to be calm, rational, normal. I know(right now) if I were to meet them, I'd probably freak out. I don't necessarily think I'd scream and shreik like a 13 year old, but I wouldn't put it past me. If I were luckily enough to meet anybody in the band, I'd want them to leave thinking "Wow, she was normal, not freaky or psycho at all"

I agree totally! I really do want to meet at least Edge before I die. I don't know how I would react, though??? I don't think I would scream or anything, but I don't think I would be able to deal..ya know? I would probably end up saying something stupid, or just get my words all tangled together...

Then again, I would probably just pass out!

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

This is how I feel right now............
sometimes I wish things like this would work out for me....
I don't mean giving Adam a massage, I mean "running" into the band, a chance meeting outside a bar...........
AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
*Not that I'd pass on the opportunity to massage Adam......................

[This message has been edited by Mrs.Clayton (edited 03-08-2002).]

I've never been lucky enough to find out where they are, either. My best friend will usually just run amok through Atlanta trying to get inside their heads asking where she would go if she were Bono. She has the most amazing luck ( the Adam girls are gonna love this): we were roommates in B'ham right after POP & she came home one afternoon all flushed & shaking & excited & said," Guess who I just saw????- ADAM!!!" I didn't need to ask Adam who? cause we're both such freaks about them! She was just driving through southside B'ham and saw him walking down the sidewalk by himself. So, she just pulls over into a NO PARKING space & leaves her car running, gets out and catches up with him & starts walking beside him & starts to casually chat with him! She said he looked sorta surprised that she recognized him alone, but he was also amused that she did. She offered him a smoke & asked him what he was doing in B'ham, AL?? He was passing through on his way to New Orleans to visit Daniel Lanois. They continued to chat a little & she told him his moon sign & ascendant & what that means since he's a Pisces. He said," You really are a fan aren't you?" while laughing! They had another smoke & then he said he had to get going. They hugged & he thanked her for her astrological insight
biggrin.gif
and then she went to look for her car ( that took a little while because she was so freaked out about Adam that she couldn't remember where she had left it) & it was still running! Then, she drove straight home & told me all about it & we screamed & screamed we were so excited!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~
** Official Minister of Swagger for L.E.A.T.H.E.R. **

You need to get your friend on this forum...she could help us...
That is so very unfair...................

Originally posted by madamc:
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif
MASSAGING ADAM!!!!
redface.gif
redface.gif

lucky
frown.gif

I know...I know...she's not even a fan. Somebody had to TELL HER WHO HE WAS the first time. Then she just got off on the idea...

My theory is these things generally happen to the people who care the least.

I did have one tiny little chance viewing of Bono. He was in the audience at the Bottom Line in NYC at a show I saw circa Joshua Tree. He was sitting at the table right behind me looking like he just stepped out of the WOWY video (drool). I was too catatonic, and too much of a cool New Yorker to say anything to him. And I only turned around to gawk twice. Third time he was gone...

Thise stories are cool. I'd love to meet the band at their hotel. Seeing them walking down the street would be a bad idea for me as I would probably swerve the car on to the sidewalk in shock, and end up running them over.
I have convinced myself that one day I will meet them. Only because I can't admit the truth, that I never will.

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
I know...I know...she's not even a fan. Somebody had to TELL HER WHO HE WAS the first time. Then she just got off on the idea...

My theory is these things generally happen to the people who care the least.

I agree......but i'd massage adam for free!
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

------------------

So how do we explain all these meetings between fans and the guys? I mean, you can go to the U2 fan database(I'm not going there anymore-too upsetting) and read countless stories about fans meeting the band. It's really annoying because I'm happy that the band is this approachable, but darnit, why can't it happen to me! And yes, it usually is the "fans" who only know about Bono who get to meet the entire band.....

So how do we explain all these meetings between fans and the guys? I mean, you can go to the U2 fan database(I'm not going there anymore-too upsetting) and read countless stories about fans meeting the band. It's really annoying because I'm happy that the band is this approachable, but darnit, why can't it happen to me! And yes, it usually is the "fans" who only know about Bono who get to meet the entire band.....

(((((hugs))))) i feel your pain...i have always wondered how fans get to meet them. there seem to be a lot of fans that get to meet them that it sounds like it is not that impossible.. our time will come. you have to have faith!
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 03-08-2002).]

Well, when they're on tour, they are very accesible, it seems, and fans hunt them down. I personally would never do that. I won't go near that hotel in L.A. when I know they're there--it just doesn't feel right to me, although I think the band expects it and doesn't seem to mind. But I've heard a lot of stories about people who say things like, "So, I was on a plane with that guy from that Irish band...what's his name, bone-oh?"

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 03-08-2002).]

I'm no expert on this but somehow I've found out one way or the other where they are staying. Some tip.

1) Read the newspaper! Mainly the more gossip ones. There are often interviews where the reporter tells in the story which hotel they are staying at. You know like "Yesterday morning I went in through the doors of XX hotel to meet the hero in my life...blah, blah.."
biggrin.gif

2) Overhear what people are talking about! On the bus, outside the arena, at school/work etc etc. There are almost always someone that have heard from their sisters, friends, brothers cousin that they met the band, or have read that article in tip #1 that you missed and are now talking about it.

3) Call the hotels!
I've never tried this myself but knows of people who has. They simply call the fancier hotels in town and asks for, not any in the band but some from the close security, like John Sampson, Scott Nichols and sound certain to leave a message or something. It doesn't sound so obvious about you looking for the band and normally they have no clue that these names are in the U2 crew.

There you go, maybe not much help but a little.
And about Toronto, they didn't stay at the Four season after all, they stayed at the one across the street, was it Hyatt?
smile.gif

This problem for you is one of the best reasons to live in a small country in an even smaller city.
smile.gif
We pretty much have only one option to where they are staying and it's as much downtown you can come, ten minutes walk from the Stadium, 2 min from the shopping, party, marina, everything.
And if the city doesn't have a five star hotel they don't stay there isn't really true. Our fanciest hotel isn't very fancy at all but they keep coming back here and stays as long as they can.
biggrin.gif

Good luck in your hunt for the boys!
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom