This has got to be the right place for this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3 months away from 40, phew what a relief to see I'm not the only oldie.

What I want to know is what all you youngsters are doing on here, its Saturday night you should be out enjoying yourself, not like this old mother here!

oby said:

What I want to know is what all you youngsters are doing on here, its Saturday night you should be out enjoying yourself, not like this old mother here!

I live in VT (vermont)...where would I go?:sigh:

:wink:

Dunno, never been is there no nightlife there? Its almost midnight here so I just assume everyone else in the world should be out and getting drunk!

oby said:

Exactly! I chimed in here last year during an unfortunate ice cream incident. If it wasn't for health problems that have dogged me for some time I wouldn't be spending so much time sitting here. I am looking forward to rejoining the 3D world.

Last edited:
Here's hoping its sooner rather than later U2granny!

I'm laying low from nights out, my last being a 4.30am return home after a night out with my pals. We were singing Paper Roses as I left!!!!!!!!!

Adam'sbaby said:
Same Here:wave:

:up: :).

Originally posted by oby

Heh, well, I just started a job today (don't know how steady it'll be, though-I thought it was going to be steadier work than it appears it will be, and I'm not sure I really want to do it for a long period of time, so I'm still gonna be looking around for something else), but my family's moved so much within the last few years, and there's not a ton of job opportunities available for me right now, and I moved here too late to get started at the college here (will plan on doing that this fall), so I haven't really gotten a chance to settle in anywhere long enough to really be able to do anything with anybody.

Besides that, even if I did know people well enough to hang out with them, in the last two towns I lived in, there wasn't much to do to begin with (such is the life of small town people from Iowa or Nebraska...). The town I live in now here in Wyoming, there is stuff I could do, but it's a really, really spread out town (seriously, there's parts of this town that I don't believe I've ventured into yet, and I've lived here for about 9 months now), and I don't own a car, and a lot of the stuff I'd like to do is not within walking distance of my home, and so...yeah. I haven't gotten out much as a result, unfortunately.

Angela

Chin up Angel, life can be kinda rough at times, keep your dreams tho' and make of life what you can.

Oby xxxxxxx

oby said:
Chin up Angel, life can be kinda rough at times, keep your dreams tho' and make of life what you can.

Oby xxxxxxx

Thanks :hug:. I'm used to the moving constantly bit, 'cause I've been doing it for a number of years now, but that doesn't make it any less of a pain. But things like that are due to circumstances beyond my family's control, so I definitely take your advice and just adapt as best I can when we go through that kind of thing :). Makes things less stressful for my family and all that good stuff.

Angela

27 - and I don't care what age you are - i'd love to meet up with all sorts of plebans in the fall for concerts

thanks girls!:hug:

Angela, I hope you'll meet some nice people in your town soon!
Is it hard to start all over again every time you moved?I think I would find that very difficult...( I don't know what that must be like, I live in the same boring town all my life..)

and daygloeyes2: sorry to hear your friends cancelled it...I always hate that!:madspit:

Leetah said:

Is it hard to start all over again every time you moved?I think I would find that very difficult...( I don't know what that must be like, I live in the same boring town all my life..)

and daygloeyes2: sorry to hear your friends cancelled it...I always hate that!:madspit:

Yeah, it sucks, but what are you going to do? I might just go out for a drive later, that usually calms me down.

Leetah said:

You're welcome :).

Originally posted by Leetah

In some ways, yes, in some ways, no. I'm pretty good at adapting to a new town, finding my way around (except for this one-WAY too spread out!), all that sort of thing. And when I was in school and moved, I got used to the new one after a while. It was just weird when I'd make new friends, 'cause they'd have all this history and I felt a bit left out. They didn't mean to make me feel that way, but that's how I'd feel regardless. Same with the teachers-I think they sometimes forgot that I was new and that my old school did things differently than theirs did, so that created a few problems, too. But all in all, it's not too bad. The only thing I really hate about moving is packing and unpacking-gets all messy and confusing and it's time-consuming and can get boring after a while.

Originally posted by Leetah

Yeah, that does suck. But perhaps they had good reasons or something, too, who knows. Hope you get the chance to hang out with them soon.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

You're welcome :).

Yeah, that does suck. But perhaps they had good reasons or something, too, who knows. Hope you get the chance to hang out with them soon.

Angela

They said that they were tired or their parent's wouldn't let them go out. Then I get a call from another friend asking me if I wanted to come over and saying that the 3 girls were there! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom