This day in U2 History: Joshua Tree Released!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool day!

bonoedge1.jpg

lovetownongos.jpg

wow...i've been thinking that the album came out when i was three, but apparently i was still 2...

i'd post some pictures but snapfish just ATE all of them :mad: when the hell did this happen? they were there last night! :mad:

this is not cool at all...

YES! Joshua Tree pics! *Pumps fist in the air*

IWasBored, looks like I was 2 years old then as well when the album was released. I would turn three later that year, though.

My favorite U2 album...looks like I'll have to go listen to it here soon.

Sweepie said:
I love all the Joshua Tree pics :heart:

new10.jpg

Okay...I really like this picture...

Originally posted by Sweepie
47.jpg

61.jpg

Mmm...Bono in these pictures...:drool:...

Soulnation, I like the ones you have, too. :).

Angela

Sherry Darling said:
Sounds like a reason to post J Tree pics to me. Anyone wanna?

SD

Oh you KNOW I wanna! :sexywink:

Here's to the Joshua Tree, a timeless, legendary classic!

bonothumbsup.jpg

Celebrate!

bonodance.jpg

reflect

jtduo.jpg

Cheers! Applause! Salute! Tribute!

3chordsjtband.jpg

bandjtdogs.jpg

bandjthot.jpg

bandjtbasketball.jpg

Okay I can't resist! I'm gonna have to post some of the hottest JT Bono pics ever! :love:

bonojtpretty.jpg

jtbonoultimate.jpg

jtcord.jpg

bonojtsexy.jpg

Re: Re: This day in U2 History: Joshua Tree Released!

U2Kitten said:

Awww...I like that one. :).

Desire4Bono said:
YAY JT :dance: The sexiest time. Happy to post! :drool:

ba-jt17.jpg

Yes...definitely the sexiest time :yes: :drool:...

Gah...Bono in that hat and with that ponytail...never fails to make me happy...:combust:...

Originally posted by U2Kitten
Okay I can't resist! I'm gonna have to post some of the hottest JT Bono pics ever! :love:

When don't you do that? ;).

Angela

JTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! This is loverly, ladies! Keep 'em coming.

I'm posting my favorite J Tree Moments

1. WOWY video-- I'm 13 years old and see Bono in not more than a tight black leather vest, with that jaw and that ponytail and that smouldering just-this-side-of-dangerous vibe. :combust: Let's just say it was an awakening. :)

2. Streets vid. The boots. The hair tossing. That angel-devil honey=gravel voice that could not be ignored. I'm hooked for ever!

3. The vocal mastery and majesty of Bono's performance on "Running."

4. Edge's reinvention of what it means to play lead guitar. :edge: :bow:

Yours?

SD

That was beautiful Sherry! :up:

I remember the first time I saw the WOWY video. I was 17 and had liked Bono since I was 13. When the first notes kicked in the first thing I did was look for Bono. When I saw him I thought, oh no, where's his HAIR?! I thought he cut it all off and I was sad. But then he turned around and I saw that cute little pony tail, sigh!! Oh those shoulders and that chest in that vest :drool: :censored: The closeups and the way he stared into the camera :love: were so hot!!

ISHFWILF with Bono wondering the streets touching people and I wanted to be there! His face was so cute, and his hair was coming out of his ponytail. Aw, that little dance he did!

twist.gif

I loved Streets too! I loved his blown by the wind hair and the whole rooftop scene with people freaking out beneath and hanging out of windows. That was CLASSIC ULTIMATE U2!!

It continued like a dream. Rattle and Hum. The sexy Desire video :sick: Angel of Harlem. All of it! Those were incredibly magical times to be a U2 fan. Those days seemed to hang on, and hang onto me. I never thought they'd end. Now I realize though they did end, they did live forever;)

Last edited:
FallingStar, love the pics...:drool:.

I was too young to really remember the whole excitement when Joshua Tree was released-I don't really remember seeing their videos when I was little (which is funny, considering my family had MTV on 24/7 when I was young, you'd think I would have remembered seeing them at some point when that album was released, but...) so I have no definite memories from that time period-but I do remember hearing "With Or Without You", "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For", and "Where The Streets Have No Name" on the radio a lot when I was younger, and I did like those songs.

Still like them to this day.

U2Kitten said:
I remember the first time I saw the WOWY video. I was 17 and had liked Bono since I was 13. When the first notes kicked in the first thing I did was look for Bono. When I saw him I thought, oh no, where's his HAIR?! I thought he cut it all off and I was sad. But then he turned around and I saw that cute little pony tail, sigh!! Oh those shoulders and that chest in that vest :drool: :censored: The closeups and the way he stared into the camera :love: were so hot!!

They had the 1987 "Behind The Music" on earlier today, and they talked about the Joshua Tree album, naturally. And they kept showing clips from that video...I'm really appreciating Bono's look in that video more and more each time I see clips of that video or have watched it...

ISHFWILF with Bono wondering the streets touching people and I wanted to be there! His face was so cute, and his hair was coming out of his ponytail. Aw, that little dance he did!

twist.gif

I love that video...I just like how the guys are interacting with everyone on the street and all that. I do remember seeing this video on "Pop-Up Video" once when I was younger, and I just remember one of those little pop up things saying that the girl that he kisses in that video, when she came in, the director wanted her out of the shot 'cause they were making a video, but Bono's like, "Nah, she can stay," and I remember thinking...wow, that's really nice.

And Bono's actions in this video, all the little things he does, like pulling up his one sleeve and dancing around and being all flirty and nice and goofy and all that...totally reminds me of my crush from last year, I can easily see him doing things like that...so I like this video because of that reason as well.

Plus, again...Bono looks really good in it.

I loved Streets too! I loved his blown by the wind hair and the whole rooftop scene with people freaking out beneath and hanging out of windows. That was CLASSIC ULTIMATE U2!!

Oh, my gosh-I was watching those 100 greatest videos earlier today (when that countdown originally aired, and when they played all the videos from that countdown at the end of it, I stayed up all night recording them-come on, VH1, that video should've been higher up on the countdown, it was at #94...it needs to be higher), and I watched that video...man, I wish I would have been old enough in 1987 to remember that whole thing, I so wish I could have been at that video shoot!

I mean, how cool would it have been to be able to look out the window of your home and see U2 right across the street playing on a rooftop? And it'd be free of charge, too! :D.

It continued like a dream. Rattle and Hum. The sexy Desire video :sick: Angel of Harlem. All of it! Those were incredibly magical times to be a U2 fan. Those days seemed to hang on, and hang onto me. I never thought they'd end. Now I realize though they did end, they did live forever;)

I love learning about that time and seeing the pictures and videos from that time...man, great music, and Bono looked so...:drool:...gah...

So envious of those of you who were old enough to remember that whole thing.

If I had a time machine, I'd go back to 1987-1989 and gladly enjoy all those U2 moments (and I'd keep it so that I was old enough to remember it all).

Angela

Back
Top Bottom