This can't be true...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Exactly, he has stage fright. He stated he still throws-up on before getting on stage sometimes on Oprah. That's not uncommon for some people. It's not binging/purging.

This Lola Cashman book sounds really ridiculous and I certainly won't be giving her any of my money. Besides, if she thought she was writing some scandalous tell all-she failed miserably. I mean if you tour with one of the biggest bands in the world and the best dirt you can come up with is that someone was insecure about their looks-big whoop ! Who is'nt occasionally worried about their appearance ?
When I first heard about this book, I was worried that she'd be telling horrible tales of drugs and groupies-not that I would have believed that either-but that's the kind of stuff you expect in an unauthorized biography. It's amazing what gets published these days. I think as U2 fans, we need to stick together and not buy this trash.:banghead: :censored: :rant:

Yeah, I really hate dirt on the guys in private. I know they don't like it either, anything personal is their business. But I don't even consider this dirt. Like Kristen said, we ALL care about how we look! No one wants a bad pic of themselves circulating, even if we are not famous, so think how much worse it would be to have the WORLD see you instead of just a few people you know? There is nothing shocking or wrong about that. :shrug: I don't believe in spreading gossip or giving people who disrespect the bands' privacy any publicity:down: :(

KristenF said:
This Lola Cashman book sounds really ridiculous and I certainly won't be giving her any of my money. Besides, if she thought she was writing some scandalous tell all-she failed miserably. I mean if you tour with one of the biggest bands in the world and the best dirt you can come up with is that someone was insecure about their looks-big whoop ! Who is'nt occasionally worried about their appearance ?
When I first heard about this book, I was worried that she'd be telling horrible tales of drugs and groupies-not that I would have believed that either-but that's the kind of stuff you expect in an unauthorized biography. It's amazing what gets published these days. I think as U2 fans, we need to stick together and not buy this trash.:banghead: :censored: :rant:

:up: I agree totally!

Sometimes after a gig, instead of attending a party, Bono would go back to his hotel room and sit quietly alone, not wanting to face people.

OMG! How dare he ever want ANY alone time!!!! Especially right after spending 2 hours in front of thousands of people!! What an ass!

:wink:

What a bunch of total :censored:. I'm not about to buy this stupid thing. I hate it that she's pouring this dirt on Bono. But I don't think he needs to worry about anyone believing this :censored:. Still it pisses me off that anyone would do something this dishonest. :rant: :yell: :censored: :censored: :censored:

hm, I think everyone can be just himself for himself, not for public. Can Bono be all time just great Bono, not ordinary man? as it was said, everyone occasionally worried about their appearance, but not for whole world, but just for family, friends. is it really necessity to split raw slimy dirt on world biggest band, their own privat things and business. as artical said, this book is just a money-making venture, and it's really trash. :madspit: :angry:

besides the obvious fact that this book is probably an enormous disgrace to every person who loves/ likes and/ or respects U2 eyes and I hightly doubt that everything can be taken serious she writes, I am very surprised what she thinks so strange to go and wanting to be alone after a concert
I mean, everyone needs to be alone every ones in a while.. others more, depending onhow stressd out they are (I need about the same time amount of time I spend with people -and I love it- to be a lone to feel good)
judging from the extracts, she took some lame ass facts that are not really interesting/ scandalous/ new or whatever and just hyped them up a bit
all those "revealings" I don't really see as that interesting as she might thinkeven the look thingy, so what.. if you have created a public persona/ image you better damn well take care of it going right.. and he is doing a great job on it ;)

How dare she says that about Bono............he doesnt need any of that stuff because he's sweet and sexy just the way he is:madspit: :mad: :angry: :shame: :coocoo: how ever he appears what ever he does he will always look good and will always be admired.:madspit: @ her

Bunbury said:
Bono liposuction? Binging and purging?? No way, I don't believe it :eyebrow: You be the judge :ohmy:

http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=3164

Knowing Bono, he was being a smartalec when he said he wanted liposuction. He's often quoted out of context, and may of his wisecracks are taken as his actual opinions.

There's a good article on this on @U2.com:
http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=3163

Some funny-but-accurate observations are made:
"Did you know Bono was self-concious about his height? Check out most pictures of him, and he's wearing either Cuban heels or platform soles. And, shock horror, U2 party all night and spend the day in bed. They're in a rock band -- they start work late at night, jump around the stage, get overdosed on adrenalin and then go to after-show parties where fans tell them how great the show was and buy them drinks as they wait for the ringing in their ears to stop. Of course they are going to be out late and sleep in late. "

Seriously, if these "shocking facts" were made about any other rock band in existance, fans, readers and reviewers would roll their eyes in boredom and say, "So what else is new?" :coocoo: :tsk:

Last edited:
EveClayton said:
How dare she says that about Bono............he doesnt need any of that stuff because he's sweet and sexy just the way he is:madspit: :mad: :angry: :shame: :coocoo: how ever he appears what ever he does he will always look good and will always be admired.:madspit: @ her

Even if Bono would like to change his image (He doesn't need that obviously), that Lola has not the moral level to judge him or write about that crap in a book... She is not a loyal person and we can't trust her word. :no:

Re: Re: This can't be true...

Sue DeNym said:

Knowing Bono, he was being a smartalec when he said he wanted liposuction. He's often quoted out of context, and may of his wisecracks are taken as his actual opinions.

There's a good article on this on @U2.com:
http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=3163

Some funny-but-accurate observations are made:
"Did you know Bono was self-concious about his height? Check out most pictures of him, and he's wearing either Cuban heels or platform soles. And, shock horror, U2 party all night and spend the day in bed. They're in a rock band -- they start work late at night, jump around the stage, get overdosed on adrenalin and then go to after-show parties where fans tell them how great the show was and buy them drinks as they wait for the ringing in their ears to stop. Of course they are going to be out late and sleep in late. "

Seriously, if these "shocking facts" were made about any other rock band in existance, fans, readers and reviewers would roll their eyes in boredom and say, "So what else is new?" :coocoo: :tsk:

I forget the link, but on one of the U2 humor sites, someone joked that an "entire chapter" of this book was devoted to the topic of Larry not wanting to eat free airline peanuts, because . . .

he didn't like peanuts :lmao:

I think that is an accurate parody of the "shocking" revelations :lol:

Everything I've heard about this book is garbage. There's no way she's getting any of my money. :mad:

She's really shot herself in the foot with this- think about it: who would want to buy this book but U2 fans, and she has angered the diehard fans who are her would-be customers! :p There may be others who don't like U2 who want to find dirt on them, but I don't think her 'revelations' are anything that would excite those people, so who will buy it?

U2Kitten said:
She's really shot herself in the foot with this- think about it: who would want to buy this book but U2 fans, and she has angered the diehard fans who are her would-be customers! :p There may be others who don't like U2 who want to find dirt on them, but I don't think her 'revelations' are anything that would excite those people, so who will buy it?

Fuel for Henry Rollins :huh:

The worst thing we can do is give this any attention..... so why did I bump the thread? Had to say it though. We should just ignore her. Remember, any publicity is good publicity for someone selling something, good or bad. It only draws interest she doesn't deserve.

I think it's worth saying that we think Lola and her book are trash, that we're not buying the book, etc, etc......she wants us to buy the book. What an idiot. :rant: :yell: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Back
Top Bottom